Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

bollig posted:

My father grew up down the block from Ralph and gave him a unicycle in high school.

is that something like wedgies or did he give him a real unicycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the NYT predicting his win killed any chance Jones had of getting elected
if he does win a toilet seat is gonna fall from space and kill him or something like that

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

doug jones can reap my soul any day

there's nothing sadder than that feeling of contentment when somebody picks up on your obscure pop culture reference

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/reemadamin/status/943210529891512327

LOL

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

let me see if I have this straight:
- currently the balance of power in the VA house is 50/50
- there will be 2 more recounts but they're not expected to flip
- one of those recounts will also have a special election somewhen in 2018 because of voting irregularities
- because of those irregularities the R that won that seat can't be seated in the house so the balance is actually 50-49 in Dems' favor because the legislation will start their session before the special election takes place
anything missing or wrong?

the question I have is - considering the fact that Republicans have a majority in the VA senate (at least according to wiki), why does everyone presume that Dems will be able to push legislation through? since it has to be voted on by both houses and signed by the governor, doesn't it seem that the Rs in the senate will just shoot down anything the Ds in the house push through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

BirdOfPlay posted:

The procedure question is the one that's getting me hung up on this. He certified everything as hunky-dory and, then, gets a call from the GOP telling him to contest his certification. It's not a good look and I don't think the ballot box should've been opened because of that.

Also, section 8 mentions crossing out or erasing the mark, not the candidate's name. That said, section 11 does state that a negative mark for candidate A and a positive one for candidate B should be a vote for B.

even the GOP can be in the right sometimes
so if this one vote is flipped, dems lose the election and the house?

• Locked thread