Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I normally don't do primaries but Trump made me decide "never again in my lifetime" so my fiance and I voted Periello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

In the event of Northam's likely and unfortunate victory, keep an eye on a live stream of his victory party ; )

This is bizarrely ominous.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bummer, NYT just called it for Northam.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's really strange how much of the "heartland" seems to be going to the liberal dem. There's something to take away from that but hell if I know what it is.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zikan posted:

potential reason why stewart is doing so well, the only people voting in the republican primary think trump is awesome

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/874785457137176576

So Trump depressed moderate republican turnout/spurred democrat turnout?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Well of course, it's right there in the name.

And check out how well Justin Fairfax did in Fairfax

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Seems like pretty decent dem turnout though, right? 100k plus over the republicans. Proportionally that seems like a small victory in itself.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

axeil posted:

More evidence of the growing enthusiasm edge.

It'd be nice if people had given a poo poo without it taking loving Trump in the WH though.

I honestly can say, personally speaking, that Trump is the sort of lesson that will last a lifetime for me. This generation should end up voting shell-shocked like the people that lived through the depression and came out of it as hoarders.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

axeil posted:

I'm in favor of melting 'em all down but I'd be willing to compromise on "put them all in a museum and explain the historical context" if that got them out of our public places.

Most of them art even old enough or made well enough to warrant that treatment.
Melt'em all.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

B B posted:

Soaked three sets of clothes today volunteering in NOVA.

Now, I soak my liver while I wait.

Ya done good, mate. I was out in that poo poo for like 10 minutes and that was more than enough for me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope Northam wins on the back of youth voters because that'd scare the poo poo out of boomers and I want them to be afraid.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

lol if you're not watching Steve Kornacki :derp: around.

He's still got his top button done and his tie tightened. He's not full-Kornacki just yet.

But bless that man he loves his magic board.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Gillipsie loses, how the hell is Breitbart,The Donald, Donald Trump going to spin it?

Those damned NoVa elite trying to rule over the poor rural folk?
Unless he gets wholesale slaughtered. Which I must have.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Women seem to be coming to the conclusion that Republicans do not like them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

At work till 11 tonight. I still have The Fear. I have tasted hope before, is... is it happening again?

You should try this "The Fear" instead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Re-stating my own thoughts in this thread from June, but in a sense it seems like Trump may have been a boon for liberal politics if it continues to encourage lifelong engagement even in midterms and so on.
Like an inoculation. You get Trumped once and the rest of your life you know the value of a fair election. God willing this is a lesson the youth vote will carry with us.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CNN just called it too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

In case anyone's interested, Republican Congressman Ted Poe just announced he's not running for reelection.

Open the loving floodgates.

The writing is on the loving wall. I love it. Taste the blood.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

axeil posted:

Mark Herring won his AG race in 2013 by less than 500 votes.

He ended up being the one to put a stop to Trump's Muslim ban since the DC-area airports are all in Virginia.

Your vote always matters.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928080765937647617

10 point win is in range :stare:

It's delicious. We have needed a day like this for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teddybear posted:

The Dems are going to dump what money they can and boost his chances however they can. This race shows that Democrats know how to win elections, especially against Trumpy folks like Gillespie and Moore. It'll be tight, but they'll have the best shot at Alabama for probably a decade or more.

If Alabama goes blue the GOP will choke on their own impotent rage

• Locked thread