Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Fairfax County and Fairfax City have voted the same as the rest of Northern Virginia except for the Lt. Gov. race. Fairfax isn't even from Fairfax. Could it really be his name? :psyduck:

edit: guess which candidate state-regulated monopoly Dominion Energy made a pledge to vote campaign for?
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/12/virginia-governor-race-perriello-northam-pipeline-dominion/

Are we sure that that's not a pseudonym or code name? "Just in Fairfax," sounds suspicious to me. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

SadBag posted:

Who the hell is Fairfax anyway?

And did he win for any other reason than his name being at the top of the ballot?

Some guy who ran in the Dem attorney general primary and nearly won in 2013, then was active in the party. Compared to Platt, who ran statewide campaigns in the 1990s and was inspired to run after 2016, and Rossi, a career DOJ prosecutor who decided to run after surviving cancer.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.54675029bf8f

So not too surprising that he won, I suppose.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Chuck Todd

“I don’t know how many people knew the candidate was transgender. They might have just gone in and said “I’m looking for the D, I want the D over the R”

:same:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

hopeandjoy posted:

I literally drove to Fredericksburg from school in Williamsburg because I was like "maybe my mom and sister's suffering in Cole's awful campaign could mean something" after I forgot to sign up for absentee.

It turns out not so much, but I helped make Northam a landslide. :unsmith:

(Spotsylvania ex-pat, family moved into the city proper four years ago.)

Another Stafford/Fredericksburg area ex-pat here, now in NoVA. Gotta start canvassing back home in 2019 and turn the Senate blue and the House of Delegates bluer :getin:

• Locked thread