Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I am so goddamn proud to be from VA today. Wanna express my thanks to Fancy and everyone else who worked their asses off doing GotV, It Mattered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Checked Wikipedia, apparently he does have a sister named Paula Marshall (she's an actress, was Iris west in the 90's Flash tv show), and she's 20 years younger than him (53 vs 73). No telling if that's a real account or not, but I'm also going to believe.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

:stare::stare:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Man I wish I had a gif of The Needle slamming down to 95%. I would make it into an emoticon and pay to put it on SA, and to hell with how well it turned out. Or just post the full-size gif in response to anyone who says "Hope is a lie".

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Quorum posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Not an emptyquote.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
This whole situation is a loving mess. Obviously I hope we win the coin flip (:what:), and I hope Northam goes through with the plan regardless, but if we lose, I'm hoping he doubles down hard on the "Appoint GOP delegates/senators to useless administrative posts to force special elections" move. What a loving travesty.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

yronic heroism posted:

Why would they accept those appointments? Sounds like a pipe dream.

In addition to

Sanguinia posted:

Greed? They pay a lot more.

, people earlier in the thread guessed that they might because of worry that the wave will continue, making some of the seats questionable-to-potentially-unfavorable reelection-wise come the next election in 2 years. Also presumably because the governorship is a term of four years, not only would they get paid more, but they'd get paid for longer before having to worry about an election.

I don't claim to be well-versed in the intricacies of politics, but it seems like it's a possibility, if nothing else because they might not want to go down with Trump's ship. Besides, pipe dream or not, this year showed that hope is not a lie, so if it's all the same to you I'll just keep on hoping until given a definitive reason not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Dameius posted:

11. Tie breaker is a single coin flip, probably to be done by someone who has the appearance of neutrality between the candidates, scheduled for after Christmas.

From what I read it's actually more along the lines of 'write both names on pieces of paper, stick them in a hat, draw blindly'.

• Locked thread