Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If Virginia makes you nervous, hit me up on PM (or post here with an email you don't mind sharing on SA) and I can hook you into a virtual phone bank to call union members to remind them to vote.

The latest polls have been encouraging, honestly. Internally and externally, it's looking like an uncomfortable victory, but a victory nonetheless. I'm reserving a confetti wand specifically for Danica Roem beating Bob Marshall's bigoted rear end into the earth.

We have an amazing goon squad of phone bankers, and a few people who have come out to Saturday voter walks, and they've been incredible. Enthusiasm is HIGH - we had 276 volunteers show up for the last one on Saturday, and that's just the labor side. I can't speak to the VA Dems, but I know they're in force and they walk Sundays. (We refuse to, on the basis of "drat it, we're going to have a day off, and we're not interrupting the football.")

30 hours until the polls close in the Old Dominion. Have a look at these beautiful people.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
1.3 million doors knocked amongst all Dem-aligned campaigns. At least 300,000 came this weekend alone. We're out of paper phone bank universes, and have had to switch to all virtual. (GET IN, GOON SQUAD.)

Gonna be white knuckling for the next day and a half. But the job's getting done.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

Glad to hear it. We'll see how it turns out for Northam, but if he doesn't win, it ain't gonna be because of lack of trying from you.:patriot:

So I'm a stagehand by trade, and we look at our job this way - we're here to make the talent look as good as possible. What the talent does from there is up to them.

You and others have been downright kind. And everyone who's come out to help, either from their computer or out in the streets, has been loving incredible. We're all stressed beyond belief, because none of us know if it's enough. It's that PTSD from last year. None of us will ever trust a poll again. None of us will ever be comfortable. And maybe that's how it ought to be, you know? Maybe all of us - the GOTV people, the activists, the voters - all of us should feel this sense of stress and urgency. Maybe we should always feel like it's not enough, because then we'll do more. There's a world where 2016 never happens again.

Know why I'm freaked out? The loving weather! It's forecasted to rain steadily from 1100 onward in NoVA. I think of Brexit on rainy election days now. Anything that depresses turnout in a state where half a dozen candidates can remember winning by less than a hundred votes (I think Danica Roem won her primary by less than 20) is a nightmare. There is every possibility that this will implode spectacularly.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Arlington and Alexandria both with massive turnout reported.

I needed more virtual phone bank logins, and now I have them. If you're feeling nervous, help Virginia! Hit me on PM or post an email in a way you feel comfortable. I'll hook you up and hook you in.

It's gonna be a glooooooooooorious daaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Latest update: Turnout is on track from 2016, and NoVA turnout is spinning at a MASSIVELY higher rate than 2013.

It's looking good as poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

If you live in VA you should at least be excited to vote for Mark Herring even if Northam is a big nothing.

Justin Fairfax too. He's a tremendous candidate, great energy, listens to everything you say intently. He's going to be a force. FAIRFAX FOR AMERICA.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

400,000 felons had their voting rights restored.

T-Mac did them all individually, by hand for months.

He's a goddamn hero. :patriot:

A friend of mine who hosed up as a young guy just sent me a photo of him with his sticker. Dale City vote too, so it counts for a lot. It's his first vote since he was 18.

Terry McAulliffe will never pay for a beer in my presence.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

NOVA Goon meet to drink beer and discuss German philosophy/politics.

Also known as "the gooniest goon meet"

I am game for this. I'll DD your drunk asses home. :-P

NoVA turnout still at a high clip, and we're running out of turf to walk.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

YES TO BOTH

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
95 volunteers today. Three and a half hours left.

Stress.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

theflyingorc posted:

i am daring to hope, friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3djXcx2ewQ

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Update: since NoVA has gone as well as it has, we've pulled all phone bankers toward Petersburg.

GOON SQUAD: SWITCH TO CENTRAL VA PHONE BANKS PLEASE.

Two hours and twenty one minutes.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I have some free time, cna I phonebank from a cell phone?

You can. About to PM you.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
We're winding down the phone operation. Doors knocked has gone past the 3-million mark as of 3 PM. And people are still knocking.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Labor office is closed.

We’ve done all we can.

I feel nothing.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

here's your one chance fancy don't let me down

lol

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hey, no bullshit though, the Goon Squad got noticed. They wanted to know where the hell y’all came from, and they know you came from the Internet, and they are grateful as gently caress.

You’re all good people. You made a difference and I’m genuinely humbled by y’all.

Ten minutes.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Petr posted:

Wait, was he just trolling for that loving Jeb! picture?

Take deep breaths tonight.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Folks,

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Democrazy posted:

Quit posting and start drinking damnit.

Last year, Donald Trump couldn’t steal my sobriety.

This year, nobody can steal my motherfucking sunshine.

ALL BLUE EVERYTHING MOTHERFUCKERS

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Democrazy posted:

That's Fancy rear end Ho?

God bless that man

Greetings.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I didn’t dare to dream for more than seven seats.

Thirteen and rising?!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

We're all still doomed but I'd like to give a quick thank-you to Fancy rear end Ho for introducing me to Everything Everything, these guys are jammin

Ivory Tower has been my god damned war anthem since it dropped, just unreal live, pure fury live, I may have gone into a trance

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It’s time to loving dance.

Play this without ceasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7S1M8C-w0

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

gowb posted:

Source?

I forgot my harikari sword, friendo

I hope you don’t mind.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B B posted:

I grew up in Fredericksburg! :hfive:

What’s up Fredericksburg friends. Stafford County ex-pat.

We bout to do it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

gowb posted:

Can someone actually corroborate this or is it nonsenseo

It’s very true. He mocked reporters who referred to Roem as “her.” Bob Marshall is the epitome of scum and his loss makes this world better.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I think a Latino Victory Fund Guy just tried to rush the stage. It didn’t go well.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fancy, please tell me youre at a post election party or something. What is the mood there? I want to live vicariously through you tonight!

The labor folks all have prior obligations. Dogs to feed. Spouses to hug. We’ve been blitzing for weeks, stressed out of our minds. We need some sleep.

I’m just sorta floating home to my home. My wife made Stromboli. I’m just gonna tell her I love her and smile a lot and maybe cry a little. I’m not proud.

So true story: Spotify has been weird lately. It slipped this song into my classic prog / Steven Wilson mix. It didn’t fit. Y’all it drat fits tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adw772km7PQ

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 8, 2017

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Good night’s sleep and a Stromboli and a wife cuddle and waking up to Schrodinger’s House of Delegates. Gonna shred some paper voter data and dance all day.

What a lovely world.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Halloween Jack posted:

That said, purely as a matter of anecdotal evidence: I saw far fewer signs, stickers, etc. for Hillary than I did for Trump.

Big philosophical touchstone in our group is that Yard Signs Don’t Vote. We tend to put our money into volunteers and GOTV instead, since what we lack in money comparatively, we make up for in human power. So we don’t mind the signs. :)

2016 is looking like the end this country needed it to be. Youth turnout through the roof last night, a massively restocked bench that’s gonna grow into some amazing state/federal candidates in the near/medium term, and a road map.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That analysis doesn’t bear out of the data at all. Turnout was up in the north and down in the south. Youth turnout was up by an order of magnitude. That’s all in this thread. Sheesh.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Discovered: the keyhole to VA Dems’ spine. Let’s go to war

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I have faith. Hope means you still feel. Feeling is good in times like these. Put the booze down, put the kettle on, and accept the moment for what it is.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

The Monarch posted:

Why are you advocating self harm?

Heh.

Said it last month, I’ll say it again: Donald Trump couldn’t have my sobriety, and neither can Roy Moore. :) and getting hot tea during stressful moments is phenomenal and I understand why the British do it now.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Guys.

It’s this close. In Alabama.

Prepare yourself for a blue cataclysm.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Koalas March posted:

I am fighting to maintain my sobriety.

Pinkies Up, tea friend

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

For the record, folks, USE_JITTER = true works.

We need a special term for the blue wave next year, and if there's one person in the forums who's earned the right to name it, it's you.

BLUE JUSTICE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ts7CdRpR8-Q

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hey, remember how small rural counties come in first, like every other election in America?

Yeah. Don’t be surprised when the big Jones spikes take him over the line.

Tonight’s tea is a Cranberry Black tea from Harney & Sons. They do online delivery and seem to run like a mom & pop shop full of tea delivered in some glorious wooden boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

What're your day to day favorites? Is it strictly ones with fruit?

My favorite day to day is an orange cinnamon tea. Caffeine free, because I Don’t Need More Stimulation After Work. I’ve always been fond of peppermint or generic mint tea as well, if only because the smell is glorious.

• Locked thread