Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Seems to me that Northram gave a long winded, rambling talk about healthcare reform and the reporter didn't know wtf to write.

I picked out the phrases:
expand access to health care
defining eligibility to control costs
obligating the state to escalating costs
provide better service
managed-care Medicaid
incentivize people to really have good health
back on the workforce [through] training

Which is fine in a brainstorming session, but won't all end up in the same plan. Some are mutually exclusive. But these are the kinds of ideas I would expect to see thrown around in the beginning if Northram wants to do a Medicaid overhaul along with the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Isn't that how the vote went from 10 against to a tie? And you've got to give the Democratic side credit for fast talking the other side into throwing away that ballot.

• Locked thread