Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

I'm racist against blue missionaries that use hurtful racial language. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Nathilus posted:

I'm racist against blue missionaries that use hurtful racial language. Sorry.

Fight me, nerd.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

My Man Shran posted:

Fight me, nerd.

Im not even pink im more of like I dunno a sandy tan or brown color, you loving miscreant.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Nathilus posted:

Im not even pink im more of like I dunno a sandy tan or brown color, you loving miscreant.

I challenge you to a giant Q-tip fight.

banme
Apr 23, 2008

The Management posted:

Dodge makes very bad cars. Very bad.

the only goddamned opinion in this thread

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I know dodge makes lovely cars but drat it I would still happily ride around in a viper.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

My Man Shran posted:

I challenge you to a giant Q-tip fight.

You mean THE ULTIMATE MARTIAL ART?!?!?! Whoa man thats a little intense. I was thinking more along the lines of a nice little MUTAI.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's not even the major flaws that bug me the most. It's the little things that fly in the face of ergonomics and good sense. Like how the Challenger had an auto up/down for the driver's side window, but not the passenger side, or how the Caravan window control buttons are waaaaaay far forward on the armrest so that I, a tall man, must lean forward to reach them.

I also hate the Caravan's poo poo-rear end turn radius. My Odyssey can practically turn in its own shadow by comparison. The drat Caravan needs to back and fill like a million times in the same amount of space.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
doge car awful

very bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i rented a 200 about four years ago and it had a blown transmission with like 17k miles

Sad!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

'08 Avenger. I got stuck with renting one of these. I scraped a high curb and the plastic bumper dropped off.

T8R
Aug 9, 2005
Yes, I would like some tea!
I had a dodge neon that was a piece of poo poo. The original owner was extremely responsible, but that didn't matter. It was a piece of poo poo plain and simple.

It blew up in the Crow's Nest Pass in the Alberta rocky mountains in the middle of the night. I was going up hill, it was snowing, and pitch loving black. So black that I didn't even see the truck rest stop 50 feet away on the other side of the road. It was at the end of a vacation and I was totally broke. I was picked up by some of the weird mountain people locals. I stayed in a motel that smelled like cigarettes and near death. I visited a 7-11 where the employees looked like they would murder you in your sleep if they could. Hills have eyes poo poo right there.

I left the car and went back to driving a corolla that was 8 years older and 8 times more reliable with 4 times the km's on it.

Dodge makes poo poo cars.

Also, the locals were actually really helpful and nice. Might retire there.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Didn't dodge have the spinoff brand Eagle for high performance cars but they didn't want the Dodge stigma attached to them? Cuz Eagle made some crazy rear end high performance cards for a low price

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i used to drive a jeep comanche it owned

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i sure dodged a bullet by not buying a hellcat

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Honky Dong Country posted:

I know dodge makes lovely cars but drat it I would still happily ride around in a viper.

That's probably why they stopped making them

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Didn't dodge have the spinoff brand Eagle for high performance cars but they didn't want the Dodge stigma attached to them? Cuz Eagle made some crazy rear end high performance cards for a low price

No Eagle was AMC

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

T8R posted:

It blew up in the Crow's Nest Pass in the Alberta rocky mountains in the middle of the night. I was going up hill, it was snowing, and pitch loving black. So black that I didn't even see the truck rest stop 50 feet away on the other side of the road. It was at the end of a vacation and I was totally broke. I was picked up by some of the weird mountain people locals. I stayed in a motel that smelled like cigarettes and near death. I visited a 7-11 where the employees looked like they would murder you in your sleep if they could. Hills have eyes poo poo right there.

I used to drive that pass twice a week when I was driving big rigs and hauling freight from Portland to Calgary for Costco. I know that 7-11 you're talking about and even after driving by it 40 times, I never stopped there either, looked creepy as hell.

And yeah, Dodge products are pretty poor for the most part, I work on them as part of my job taking care of a fleet and the quality of the plastics is abysmal, even compared to entry-level Fords and Chevys. poo poo starts falling off them at under 20K miles.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Fun fact: the US government ordered Chrysler to buy back hundreds of thousands of Rams because they're total garbage and the front suspensions fall apart. But idiots still buy them. It boggles the mind.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

butterbar posted:

That's probably why they stopped making them

They were kinda lovely even before they did though. I just always liked the way they looked. The viper survived all the way into Fiat and all that poo poo and no motorhead I know of would call them a "good car." But man they looked cool imo. I'm aware I may just have lovely, tacky taste.

E: I actually got curious about exactly why it's no longer produced and I seem to be finding a mixture of Fiat saying it just wasn't selling as well as newer models I guess were unable to comply with some safety reg about side curtain airbags? I don't know man, I'm not really a car guy. Most of what I know comes from the couple of mechanics I know and the plethora of motorheads I talk to at the plant when I'm under contract.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 6, 2017

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk man I mean the last car they put out that people even bothered racing was a neon. P stable up in the 120s. Super chargers are cool but that hemi an all that other poo poo from the late 90s is like gently caress you at the pump.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Idk man I mean the last car they put out that people even bothered racing was a neon. P stable up in the 120s. Super chargers are cool but that hemi an all that other poo poo from the late 90s is like gently caress you at the pump.

Doesn't hemi pretty much always mean gently caress you at the pump? Again, I'm not a motorhead, but I've always kinda figured that you either get crazy power, crazy fuel economy, or a middleground somewhere, but never both crazy power and crazy fuel economy.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Chlamyllionaire posted:

'08 Avenger. I got stuck with renting one of these. I scraped a high curb and the plastic bumper dropped off.

did you get the insurance?

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

Honky Dong Country posted:

They were kinda lovely even before they did though. I just always liked the way they looked. The viper survived all the way into Fiat and all that poo poo and no motorhead I know of would call them a "good car." But man they looked cool imo. I'm aware I may just have lovely, tacky taste.

E: I actually got curious about exactly why it's no longer produced and I seem to be finding a mixture of Fiat saying it just wasn't selling as well as newer models I guess were unable to comply with some safety reg about side curtain airbags? I don't know man, I'm not really a car guy. Most of what I know comes from the couple of mechanics I know and the plethora of motorheads I talk to at the plant when I'm under contract.

It's actually because they probably don't want dodge competing with their new luxury brand Alfa, and because they are super short on cash and are busy stealing from chrysler instead of investing money on a new car

The last gen Viper was undeniably a good car

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
9 outta 10 drivers of dodge or ram trucks are complete assholes with micropenis prove me wrong

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

shoophobo posted:

9 outta 10 drivers of dodge or ram trucks are complete assholes with micropenis prove me wrong

why dodge it when you can ram it!

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

shoophobo posted:

Not wrong but irrelevant since that describes 9/10 of drivers of anything

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

butterbar posted:

Not wrong but irrelevant since that describes 9/10 of drivers of anything

Poors that ride the bus not allowed to have opinions on cars!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Applewhite posted:

As the former owner of a Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the current driver of a rented Dodge Caravan, I think I can say with confidence that Dodge is the worst, most inept car manufacturer in the US if not the world. Every aspect of the car's geometry and functionality seems tailor made to vex and bemuse passenger and driver alike.

I've driven Dodge vehicles with over 300,000 miles on the odometer without a rebuild many times. The 3.3 purrs like a kitten. I've always been a Dodge man and always will be. I've driven a Dodge slant six truck truck that would start at any temperature above 45 below easy. Below that, you just have to apply a little english and she'd go. It was a 1980 Slant Six Dodge W150. At 50 below the gas won't volatilize so just stay in bed.

I have a Dodge Caravan which replaced a Dodge Caravan. I have a Dodge Journey. There is a Dodge Neon that is sitting in my driveway.

My favorite engines are the 318, 2.2, 2.5, and, above all, the 225 Slant Six. You can put a handful of gravel down the intake it won't even dip the idle speed. I used to keep my Truck in 4 low and just reach in and turn the key to move it forward when I was on the farm. Always started like a dream. Say what you want, feel free to hate Daimler, but never talk about my Dodge ladies. They always run, and they run well.

Boy howdy, shucks, etc.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i want a lovely rat bagged MKIII VR6 golf

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mostlygray posted:

My favorite engines are the 318, 2.2, 2.5, and, above all, the 225 Slant Six. You can put a handful of gravel down the intake it won't even dip the idle speed. I used to keep my Truck in 4 low and just reach in and turn the key to move it forward when I was on the farm. Always started like a dream. Say what you want, feel free to hate Daimler, but never talk about my Dodge ladies. They always run, and they run well.

I hear this about Honda now.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Applewhite posted:

It's not even the major flaws that bug me the most. It's the little things that fly in the face of ergonomics and good sense. Like how the Challenger had an auto up/down for the driver's side window, but not the passenger side, or how the Caravan window control buttons are waaaaaay far forward on the armrest so that I, a tall man, must lean forward to reach them.

I also hate the Caravan's poo poo-rear end turn radius. My Odyssey can practically turn in its own shadow by comparison. The drat Caravan needs to back and fill like a million times in the same amount of space.

I'm legit interested in hearing what sucked about the Challenger.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mostlygray posted:

I've driven Dodge vehicles with over 300,000 miles on the odometer without a rebuild many times. The 3.3 purrs like a kitten. I've always been a Dodge man and always will be. I've driven a Dodge slant six truck truck that would start at any temperature above 45 below easy. Below that, you just have to apply a little english and she'd go. It was a 1980 Slant Six Dodge W150. At 50 below the gas won't volatilize so just stay in bed.

I have a Dodge Caravan which replaced a Dodge Caravan. I have a Dodge Journey. There is a Dodge Neon that is sitting in my driveway.

Boy howdy, shucks, etc.

on the other hand almost all the dodge pickups at the yard where i work are in the shop so loving often

and they ride like poo poo

and the interior sucks

and theyre worse on gas and hold less

and something always fucks up major with the steering within 50-100k km

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

butterbar posted:

It's actually because they probably don't want dodge competing with their new luxury brand Alfa, and because they are super short on cash and are busy stealing from chrysler instead of investing money on a new car

The last gen Viper was undeniably a good car

Oh cool that's interesting. Thanks man.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

when you die and go to hell this will be your car

and this is the devil himself

Consider: his career only accelerated after creating the PT Cruiser.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
My first car was a used neon. It was okay and I lived in Ohio where the salt grinds cars into rusty dust very quickly but I kept that car for quite awhile all things considered.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's amazing that the following companies still make cars that people buy and ostensibly like -

Pontiac
Dodge
Mitsubishi
Mercury

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8XoLH9ovQ

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Applewhite posted:

As the former owner of a Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the current driver of a rented Dodge Caravan, I think I can say with confidence that Dodge is the worst, most inept car manufacturer in the US if not the world. Every aspect of the car's geometry and functionality seems tailor made to vex and bemuse passenger and driver alike.

Up until 2006 or 2007 all Chrysler minivans were hilariously easy to steal because they didn't come standard with any kind of chipped or coded keys. It was technically available as a dealer option, but almost nobody got it. On top of that, they physical security of the ignition system was worse than what GM or Ford had back in the 70s. All it took was a few seconds with a screwdriver to pop the ignition lock out and you could start it with a twig if you wanted to. Even if you had the chipped key option installed, people would still smash the window and tear out the ignition before realizing that it couldn't be stolen.

ATM thieves in particular really like them because they can quickly steal one, crash through the doors of a store and throw the ATM right in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

thathonkey posted:

it's amazing that the following companies still make cars that people buy and ostensibly like -

Pontiac
Dodge
Mitsubishi
Mercury

Only teo if those companies still exist

• Locked thread