Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Speaking of Fantasticamania, if you want to whet your appetite tonight's Arena Mexico show looks great!

If you didn't know it's streamed live at http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/ Mexico City's on CST so it'll be 9:30 EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Known Huge bastard Hiku'leo has started training in the New Japan Dojo and my god I forgot how tall he is

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what ever happened to jay white? excursion/injury/what

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

handsome only face posted:

what ever happened to jay white? excursion/injury/what

He's working ROH at the moment according to Cagematch

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

social vegan posted:

good WK shibata is amazing but all I see is Mac from it's always sunny

Same except Adam Cole bay bay

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Mac has a significantly better hairline

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Solus posted:

He's working ROH at the moment according to Cagematch

He was in the finals for the trios tournament with Lio Rush and Kushida at Final Battle. There's not much story going on with him but he's been putting on good matches in ROH.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wait, am I reading that right? Old Mistico is tagging with New Mistico?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yes and arena mexico is still going to give mistico ii hell

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adam Cole looks like Mac, who looks like Hayley Joel Osemont, who looks like the kid from The Polar Express. The Four Brothers, I call em!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
gently caress can we talk about how loving good and what a loving surprise the loving three way tag match was? loving GoDs are better than expected and MY BOY Toru loving Yano is a champ in New Japan

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 6, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Very critical of ROH but they've handled Jay well.

Expect to see a renewed push of the Tempura Boyz in terms of getting them a lot more US bookings on local indies.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

G.O.D just seemed to click some point last year, and they really grew into their own without much fanfare during the tag league. It helps that they have the sweariest offence known to man.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

oatgan posted:

Fantasticamania

the only Volador singles match would be better in Arena Mexico

why can't we get Volador vs Takahasi or KUSHIDA?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Skinty McEdger posted:

G.O.D just seemed to click some point last year, and they really grew into their own without much fanfare during the tag league. It helps that they have the sweariest offence known to man.

Togi and Honma's only English vocabulary being "AGHHHHHHH gently caress YOU!" makes he most perfect sense

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want the tempura boyz vs oi4k

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
None of that poo poo sounds good.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm meeting Bad Luck Fale tomorrow. If I wanted to ask one question for a scoop, what question would it be?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who is Bad Luck Fale?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i was clicking around the twitter and saw Steve Corino was hanging out with Masato Tanaka. if anyone is a new fan of NJPW and likes Naito please use your njpw world subscription to go here and here and watch Masato Tanaka beat his rear end into the ground

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Solus posted:

I'm meeting Bad Luck Fale tomorrow. If I wanted to ask one question for a scoop, what question would it be?

Why did he stop dying his little soul patch blonde?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Solus posted:

what brand of sunglasses does he prefer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Solus posted:

whats the name of yujiro's girl with the red ponytail

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ask him "how much does this guy weigh" and point at your own other hand that's flipping the bird

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUpFvtzmyno

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Reask Tana's question of "Do you have a GOOD luck fall?"

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

oatgan posted:

what brand of sunglasses does he prefer

He has his own brand of sunglasses apparently.

I'm also starting to go to his Dojo from Monday :unsmith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

awesome

to both!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

oatgan posted:

awesome

to both!

http://theunderbossbrand.com/shop/product/the-underboss-sunglasses/

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat mark hunt has taste

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

:20bux::20bux::20bux:?

unless that's in aussie funny money hell no

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

C. Everett Koop posted:

:20bux::20bux::20bux:?

unless that's in aussie funny money hell no

NZ moneys I believe, so 41 usd

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Solus posted:

NZ moneys I believe, so 41 usd

International shipping more than makes up for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

yes and arena mexico is still going to give mistico ii hell

I hope someday they form a trios team with Hunico.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/817657104198578176

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i get to see njpw live because wwe stole shinsuke?

thx wwe

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Finally watched WK11, after all the hype. I haven't followed NJPW since Naito was heavyweight champion.

I got up to the main event. As it's beginning, my roommate walks into the living room.

She says "What's this?"

"This is New Japan Pro Wrestling. This is Okada vs. Kenny Omega. A lot of people are saying this might be the very best wrestling match ever. Hyperbole, but we'll see."

I'm about two minutes in, with the match beginning with that extended headlock spot.

She looks all unimpressed and says "I don't see how this is so great." Then walks away.

Gotta love casual fans.

P.S. I really loved the match.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fart blood posted:

Finally watched WK11, after all the hype. I haven't followed NJPW since Naito was heavyweight champion.

I got up to the main event. As it's beginning, my roommate walks into the living room.

She says "What's this?"

"This is New Japan Pro Wrestling. This is Okada vs. Kenny Omega. A lot of people are saying this might be the very best wrestling match ever. Hyperbole, but we'll see."

I'm about two minutes in, with the match beginning with that extended headlock spot.

She looks all unimpressed and says "I don't see how this is so great." Then walks away.

Gotta love casual fans.

P.S. I really loved the match.

I think I fell asleep like 3 times trying to watch the Shane Douglas/Chris Jericho/2 Cold Scorpio/Pitbull #2 match from ECW before finally watching the whole thing and being blown away

You have to be in the right mindset/not be sleepy in order to get through long matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Who do I have to bribe to get Billy Gunn into GBH? I want the real Billy Gunn to team up with the japanese Billy Gunn.

• Locked thread