Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
if god is good we're gonna get Shibata vs Okada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Just give me another Nagata title run Gedo! Never, Never 6 man, heavyweight tag, dosent matter ill be happy with anything really.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

ParanoidInc posted:

Agreed but i think Goto is going to win it

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ParanoidInc posted:

I want a rematch of the G1 Shibata vs Naito so Shibata can finally stop chasing the NEVER and become the true champion he deserves to be and I can finally stop drawing the Heavyweight championship on my Shibata comfort pillow.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

schweens posted:

Agreed but i think Goto is going to win it

Or Shibata beats Goto during the tourney but loses in a higher round, leading to a NEVER rematch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

fart blood posted:

Eh, I don't buy it. The champ is supposed to be the best in his division. If he gets pinned like anyone else, I begin to care less about seeing someone take the belt off him.

If a champ has to get pinned in a non title match, it should be very, very, very, very infrequently. I mean, "once every seven years" kind of infrequently. That way, it's shocking, and means more.

If a champ has to lose, do it in a tag match where his partner isn't a champion and let him eat the pin instead. It's an easy angle. The challenger pins the champ's partner, so that's a loss in the champ's record. The challenger can then boast that when they meet at the PPV or whatever, he's gonna pin him. Or whatever. I'm making naan and there's flour all over my hands so I'm typing like a retard.
It should be believable that guys who put 200% into a match the night before and were pretty battered and beaten, especially a guy like Okada. Omega, or Naito, would lose to someone who had a much lighter match the night before (Like Elgin) could pull off an upset.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I would two things from New Japan in 2017.

Honma to win a title and keep it for a little while.

Shibata vs Suzuki.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Honma beat(s) his depressed wife and believed it was in his right to do so. Guy is probably close to Benoit levels of hosed up from brain trauma

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I thought current champions weren't supposed to compete in the NJ Cup, since the entire point is you can challenge for whatever belt you want when you win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I thought current champions weren't supposed to compete in the NJ Cup, since the entire point is you can challenge for whatever belt you want when you win

There's a reason Suzuki isn't on the poster :getin:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a reason Suzuki isn't on the poster :getin:
Does that imply Elgin is also winning the IC title? It's been pretty important lately since their main event scene is pretty over-filled.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Okada and Naito are gonna have prominent places on the poster as they're big stars. Wouldn't necessarily read too much into that.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well it's also 3 guys from each of the main factions minus Suzuki Gun which makes sense if the poster was made before New Years Dash.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Chris James 2 posted:

My boy EVIL going the distance. Give him the belt

#YearofEVIL
#EverythingIsEVIL

Wait, so is Kenny re-signing with NJPW?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Wait, so is Kenny re-signing with NJPW?

he's still under contract for another year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

kenny omega has spent months talking about fan fears of wwe signing everybody while using none of them and is now using that anxiety for a pop in a couple months when he gets back from vacation

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
When are they gonna put Scott "Flapjack" Norton and Cheeseburger together as a tag team?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

When are they gonna put Scott "Flapjack" Norton and Cheeseburger together as a tag team?

I wonder if they'd qualify as a junior team if they fit under the combined weight limit?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5n403a/njpw_the_new_beginning_2017_cards_out/

New Beginning Cards are out and holy poo poo it looks good.

The Entire Bullet Club is MIA for the Tour + Both New Beginning shows will have English Commentary

Solus fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 10, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Minoru and TAKA. When did they show up?? I really fell off of following NJPW after last year's WK.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

I love Minoru and TAKA. When did they show up?? I really fell off of following NJPW after last year's WK.

New Year's Dash. It's a good run in/beatdown segement at the end of the semi-main. I see I was right about another tag threeway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wonder if Bullet Club will take a break for a while and come back, emphasizing Kenny Omega's comment about him wanting to take NJPW Global and becoming a more tweener faction after Suzuki Gun mop up CHAOS

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Is MiSu back worth having Iizuka, Taichi and Kanemura? The eternal question.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Willninho posted:

Eternal only if you're chanting yes like a looping Daniel Bryan gif until you reach the grave.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

My suspicions on another tag threeway were correct. There's also a match between Shibata and Ospreay that will be for the RPW championship assuming Shibata retains vs. Riddle.

NJPW Road to New Beginning
Janurary 27th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yuji Nagata vs. Tomoyuki Oka
Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask, and Yoshitatsu vs. David Finlay, Henare, and Hirai Kawato
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and El Desperado)
TenCozy vs. Killer Elite Squad
Katsuyori Shibata, GBH, and Juice vs. CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, YTR, and Ospreay)
Tanahashi, Nakanishi, Taguchi, Elgin, and KUSHIDA vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and RPG Vice) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku, and Taichi)

NJPW New Beginning Sapporo
February 5th at 1 AM EST/6 AM GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

KUSHIDA and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado)
Yuji Nagata and TenCozy vs. David Finlay, Yoshitatsu, and Henare
Katsuyori Shibata, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay, Jado, and Gedo)
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Takashi Iizuka
Tanahashi, Nakanishi, Taguchi, Elgin, and Dragon Lee vs. L.I.J(Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr. Tag Championship Match:RPG Vice(c) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA and Taichi)
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Juice Robinson
IWGP Tag Team Championship 3Way:CHAOS [YTR/Ishii](c) vs. GBH vs. KES
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

Road to New Beginning
February 7th at 4:30 AM EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyuki Ota
Yuji Nagata and Satoshi Kojima vs. David Finlay and Yoshitatsu
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and El Desperado)
Elimination Match:Katsuyori Shibata, GBH, KUSHIDA, and Juice Robinson vs. CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, Jado, and Gedo)
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, YTR, Ishii, and RPG Vice) vs. Suzuki-Gun (MiSu, KES, Taka, and Taichi)
Elimination Match:Tana, Elgin, Nakanishi, Dragon Lee, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu, and BUSHI)

For those who aren't aware over the top rope eliminations count as well as standard pinfalls/subs in NJPW elimination matches

New Beginning Osaka
February 11th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 GMT
EDION Arena Osaka

Yoshitatsu and Hirai Kawato vs. David Finlay and Henare
TenCozy and KUSHIDA vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and El Desperado)
Nagata, Juice, Liger, and TMIV vs. CHAOS (Goto, YOSHI, Jado, and Gedo)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and RPG Vice) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA, and Taichi)
NEVER Trios Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Will Ospreay (for the RPW title if Shibata's still the champ)
IWGP Tag Championship 3 Way: CHAOS (YTR/Ishii) vs. KES vs. GBH (champions tbd in Sapporo)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. Dragon Lee
IWGP Intercontinental Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Michael Elgin

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 11, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wonder what Kota Ibushi's going to be doing moving forward. Ibushi/Omega seems like a money feud in NJPW but I think he's still wrestling's Buddhist Monk and intent on.....Doing whatever it is he plans on doing with his career.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I think Ibushi's a bit of a lost cause at this time. He doesn't seem to want the big spotlight (because he most certainly could have had it upon returning from his injuries a while back), and I don't think the Tiger Mask W stuff is going to turn into anything more than him just goofing off in a mask. Maybe one day they run with the Omega match, but I don't think it's a priority for Ibushi to have that marquee match at this moment.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I wonder if Bullet Club will take a break for a while and come back, emphasizing Kenny Omega's comment about him wanting to take NJPW Global and becoming a more tweener faction after Suzuki Gun mop up CHAOS

I mean I only just started watching for WK11 but the commentary seemed to be hinting at a split, which would continue the nWo references I guess. Omega/Cole/Young Bucks and Fale/Page/GOD honestly feel like they should be two distinct entities in terms of the ways they act and present themselves.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was also a clip on youtube where they teased Cole being the cause of the Elite splitting up (or throwing him out).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I wonder what Kota Ibushi's going to be doing moving forward. Ibushi/Omega seems like a money feud in NJPW but I think he's still wrestling's Buddhist Monk and intent on.....Doing whatever it is he plans on doing with his career.

I highly doubt Ibushi will wear the Lion Mark ever again but if he can freelance as a cartoon character I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him return for a program with Omega.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Thauros posted:

I highly doubt Ibushi will wear the Lion Mark ever again but if he can freelance as a cartoon character I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him return for a program with Omega.

There needs to be a anime arc where tiger mask gets beefy and then I can play him

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/818955945375985665

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it crazy that aside from the main event, the match I'm most looking forward to at The New Beginning in Sapporo is Goto vs Juice Robinson?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Well 5 days is nowhere near enough time to spend in Tokyo, I already want to go back (if for nothing else but the heated toilet seats + use of Suica card everywhere.) I had an amazing time, checked out the njpw shop and toudokan (and met Cheeseburger there!) as well as all the usual nerdy anime poo poo.

My WK11 seat from only a few in from the barrier so I could see all the rumble people entering, and some of the losing people exiting (aside from Naito! So happy he came our way instead.) Here was my view:

There were tons of cosplayers around, I saw a pretty good Tana, Yano, lots of Gedos and BUSHI's. This was the only other SANADA I saw on the way out.

I cannot recommend going to Japan enough for this, I managed to get a ticket for NYD in the end and the atmosphere for the return of Suzuki gun was unreal! I also spent 8000 yen on a Naito bear, no regrets.

And this happened, I was both terrified and excited:

Anyway I can't wait too see Okada/Suzuki + Shibata/Ospreay (poss. for the RPW title is Shibata Retains.) and also need to go back and watch WK11 + NYD on njpwworld, need to see if Hiromu + KUSHIDA really did look like two men trying to murder one another live.

Willninho posted:

That terrifying thought of seeing any of these v Bone Soldier. But still yes, cos it's Minoru Suzuki and he's a god drat badass.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on seeing Suzuki!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats on seeing Suzuki and living to post about it!

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

I hoped that buying a poster of his face might stop him from murdering me, it seemed to work!

I'll also be saving up for one of those Suzuki gun tracksuits, didn't have enough on me when I was there sadly...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Is it crazy that aside from the main event, the match I'm most looking forward to at The New Beginning in Sapporo is Goto vs Juice Robinson?

It's not crazy to look forward to the best match on the card.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The juice will be loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Germ Incubator posted:

Well 5 days is nowhere near enough time to spend in Tokyo, I already want to go back (if for nothing else but the heated toilet seats + use of Suica card everywhere.) I had an amazing time, checked out the njpw shop and toudokan (and met Cheeseburger there!) as well as all the usual nerdy anime poo poo.

I was there 11 days and barely scratched the surface of Tokyo (and a quick day trip to Kyoto), I can't wait to go back it's an amazing country.

Very similar seat to what I got, though mine was right next to the barricade so I got to be right up close to see everybody coming and going (I got to touch Nakamura!). Glad you had such a good time, I can't recommend it enough to everybody else to go.

• Locked thread