Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nagata is the best New Japan dad, but Kojima is the cool uncle who takes you for ice cream when your dad is being too hard on you.

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/780605747335790592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man has a point, ice cream is always being eaten. I wonder if he yells bakayaro before diving into a sundae the size of Ke' Monito.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I might be headed to Japan before too long, are there any big show coming up in the next few months? I know Dominion is usually a big deal and the G1 obviously, but I was hoping for something before that.

sakura genesis in early april, fantasticamania this month and part of next month with new japan cup and the new beginning in february. march is kind of dead.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

drat mark hunt has taste

A few years ago, I asked Fale if he knew Mark Hunt and he said they worked out together a few times.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Bonus is you'll be there during summer and you can go to Arashiyama :swoon:

Yes, but Japanese summer.

Ok cool. I'll try to throw something together soon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Nagata is the best New Japan dad, but Kojima is the cool uncle who takes you for ice cream when your dad is being too hard on you.

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/780605747335790592

Give him a follow if you haven't already

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/819519276281307138

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Also top tweets:

Koji was the reason I watched nearly all of KUSHIDA's vlog thing on njpwworld., guy cracks me up.

Cranky Uncle Yuji is my fav NJPW elder, next to Gedo.

Ah, you can pick up a Suica card at Tokyo station (and any shop I think?? ) and you can use that like an oyster card on the subway, but also in shops to pay for things, and the vending machines on the street accept them too, in case you run out of notes or coins. When I spent my last 100y in the SEGA arcade by my hotel I was glad for this haha.
I also got the roundtrip ticket for the Narita express to take me from the airport to Tokyo station, which you can get for a bit cheaper if you are a foreigner and show them your passport when you buy.
I stayed at the Tokyu Stay in Suidobashi, which is right across from the Dome, and it cost me just under 40,000 yen for 4 nights incl. breakfast. My room had a microwave, mini fridge, washing machine, safe and free slippers. That's about £300, I was v happy with my room and you pay on arrival so you can reserve it right away.

I'm currently feeling very angry trying to book the same amount of days in London for Comic con rn...

I crammed in as much as I could in just around Tokyo but still got nowhere near all the things I wanted to do.

Germ Incubator fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 12, 2017

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Naito has the most batfuck twitter. It's been a year of him going LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON for a year

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Solus posted:

Naito has the most batfuck twitter. It's been a year of him going LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON for a year

Yeah but you also get pics of his hat in rando places, what more do you want??

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/819887889911869440

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 13, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

You wonder who the hell they'll even get to do commentary if Corino goes to WWE as everyone expected last month.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I'd assume Kelly/Striker again. Or maybe even the AXS team.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Striker pissed off Kidani and that's why he was never asked back?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I hope someone in NJPW realizes he's poo poo. Specially if they plan on actually globally expanding.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I thought Kelly/Barnett was mentioned but who knows if that works if Barnett is working TNA lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I'd assume Kelly/Striker again. Or maybe even the AXS team.

Neither. Someone good though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
According to Killing the Town, Kenny Omega pushed for Don "Cyrus/The Jackyl" Callis to get the gig. He might push even harder now that Corino won't be there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenny appeared on the latest Talk is Jericho (with Cyrus), thought it was recorded before the Tokyo Dome show. He has a lot of interesting things to say about how he got to Japan (and New Japan) and how he was booked, their ideas for his character, his interpretation of that idea etc and then the insanity of the last year after AJ left and how he frequently paints New Japan into a corner by promoting fights/matches they haven't booked.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I was listening to Cornette talk about the omega vs okada match and man I know it's old hat at this point to bitch about corny but dude really needs to update what he thinks about wrestling. Like first of all he spends 10 minutes bitching about omega no showing a show a decade ago. Then he rants about the ddt stuff, and when he finally gets into reviewing the match it's him saying there is too much selling and the match should have ended in a count out after the table spot. A count out on their biggest show of the year for the title in the main event. I'll give him credit for giving the match some credit but come on.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKKWtB9ZKA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I was listening to Cornette talk about the omega vs okada match and man I know it's old hat at this point to bitch about corny but dude really needs to update what he thinks about wrestling. Like first of all he spends 10 minutes bitching about omega no showing a show a decade ago. Then he rants about the ddt stuff, and when he finally gets into reviewing the match it's him saying there is too much selling and the match should have ended in a count out after the table spot. A count out on their biggest show of the year for the title in the main event. I'll give him credit for giving the match some credit but come on.

Cornette is a loving dumbass and has been for years but people constantly made excuses for him for some reason.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Yeah this is what I was talking about. I love how mad he gets about them doing stuff by the broadcast booths and trying to "knock the show off the air" it's like come on dude. I'm pretty sure the large company not being run inside of a chrurch lobby in the middle of nowhere is going to be ok and probably has some plans for technical difficulties.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'll let you guys in on a secret, Cornette is putting on a character because he thinks if he poo poo-talks the Young Bucks and Omega enough it will generate interest in some kind of feud but Omega and The Young bucks have been approached by Cornette before to do some work together and they don't like him at all.

Considering that a feud with Jim Cornette would be a step down for them I don't blame them

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

RealFoxy posted:

I'll let you guys in on a secret, Cornette is putting on a character because he thinks if he poo poo-talks the Young Bucks and Omega enough it will generate interest in some kind of feud but Omega and The Young bucks have been approached by Cornette before to do some work together and they don't like him at all.

Considering that a feud with Jim Cornette would be a step down for them I don't blame them

Oh yeah I know that, and like I said it's old hat at this point to complain about what he says. But he still is an entertaining personality so I feel like it's worth talking about the silly things he says.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
AXS is airing the main event of WK11 in a minute. I've managed to avoid seeing any of it so I'm super excited for this

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

AXS is airing the main event of WK11 in a minute. I've managed to avoid seeing any of it so I'm super excited for this

They're airing it with JR on commentary, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And TNA Superstar Josh Barnett

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yup. Him and Barnett

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Kenny's Terminator entrance is better than HHH

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shibata apparently had an affair and the lady is posting pictures and texts on twitter. He's hosed and gonna get depushed hard probably.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/youkmcy is her twitter.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
:( Nooo

He's a bigger star than taichi, who has done the same thing before. But back in the doghouse for you Shibata :(

Edit: In lighter news, Tanahashi is an official New Japan Dad and has his own Young Boy Assistant in Oka which sounds like it would be hilarious to watch

Solus fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 14, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is an affair really something one would get buried for?

I don't know a ton about NJPW but Shibata is one of the three people I try to see whenever I can. (Ishii and Nagata are the others.)

Also, given that that's the stuff I'm into, anyone got some good youtube recommendations? NJPW or otherwise? I wish there was just a separate show for just the NEVER Openweight title so I could watch dudes go to war on the regular.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bjhn0_yuki-ishikawa-vs-daisuke-ikeda-futen_sport

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is an affair really something one would get buried for?

Big time. It's one of those cultural things where you can see your career seriously get derailed for a time. If you're young enough then you can bounce back from it, but Shibata isn't exactly young.

You're more likely to get buried for allegations of having an affair for example than you are are for allegations of domestic assault.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Do they even have anyone younger than 37 that still works a good proper kickmurder match?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Do they even have anyone younger than 37 that still works a good proper kickmurder match?

Me when I've finished training.

Edit: I joke but NJPW is the long-long term goal tbh

Solus fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 14, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's not really a privileged style in Tanahashi's NJPW. Shibata is a holdover from a different era (and even he works significantly differently than he did 10 years ago).

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Spermgod posted:

it's not really a privileged style in Tanahashi's NJPW. Shibata is a holdover from a different era (and even he works significantly differently than he did 10 years ago).

I mean, there's like two dudes that do kickmurder these days in the main scene. Ishii and Shibata, and Ishii is more...headbutt and eating you murder. None of the newer kids are doing it

• Locked thread