Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

well yeah, the usps gets paid to deliver that garbage and the mail carriers aren't allowed to not deliver it.
yeah i only tried it the one time, figured it was worth a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

eventually we'll get to the point where the only thing in your mailbox is trash and the key to the parcel box and then you can just dump it all directly into the trash instead of having to sort.
why would you even open it at that point

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the current source leak is just the microsoft "shared source" distribution -- the poo poo they give to anyone who asks nicely.

i am sure it has already been scrubbed of anything interesting by legal teams.
really shouldn't have let el reg get my hopes up like that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

spankmeister posted:

yes

as seen in movies from the 80's
the last time i used one was on an amtrak train in the mid-2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pendragon posted:

based on my experience with a crappy credit card auth vendor, here's how validation works:

bad card number entered: decline
over your limit: decline
wrong name: decline only for some cards (I think Discover was picky on this)
bad address: accepted, return a status code saying the address is wrong (speedrun tip card companies only care about the house/building number part of your address)
bad zip code: accepted, return a status code saying the zip code is wrong
bad cvv: accepted, return a status code saying the cvv is wrong

the thing is the customer support burden for actually returning an error for bad address/zip/cvv is horrid. we had three customers of my company try turning on zip code checking because they would pay a smaller transaction fee. all three turned it off after a week because their customers were getting pissed that their cards were declined, and then they would get more pissed because it looked like they were charged multiple times when they kept trying different zip codes (they were actually just authorizations and wouldn't be collected, but of course it used up their credit limit and showed up on their statement for about a week).

god I hated dealing with credit cards.
there's a pizza place near me where if you pay online the form asks for your street name, but if you just put the street name in it fails and tells you that you need to put the building number in too

• Locked thread