Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

ate all the Oreos posted:

i'm the website called "Oil and Gas International" that the reporter refers to as "my website" as if they're the only one who works on it or owns it

don't link this right now, thanks!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Powaqoatse posted:

yeah probably not

can you do a foia request against the nsa/cia as a non-citizen lol

Actually, there was a bit on On the Media a couple of weeks ago saying that a large chunk of FOIA requests are from foreigners and that they are allowed. Can't speak for what you might get from the NSA/CIA though...

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/picture-this-senate-staffers-id-cards-have-photo-of-smart-chip-no-security/

quote:

Moreover, in contrast to the executive branch's widespread adoption of PIV cards with a smart chip, most Senate staff ID cards have a photo of a chip printed on them, rather than a real chip.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

You could play around with pfsense. Buy a prebuilt one or roll your own on a spare server or even some cheap micro pc laying around.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

At the end of the day, I can still go back and rewatch the first few seasons of Archer and laugh my rear end off. I can't say that about the most recent seasons. That doesn't mean they're not entertaining in their own way, just not what brought me to Archer originally.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

whoops

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

anthonypants posted:

when i paid for lastpass, keep rear end was still an open sores nightmare where you needed third-party plugins for anything you actually wanted to use it for, and a lot of plugins weren't compatible between keep rear end v1 and keep rear end v2. i've since switched to 1password but i don't believe keep rear end has gotten any better. like, if i wanted to get chrome integration with keep rear end, i'd go to their plugins page, ctrl+f chrome, the first result is a plugin called KeeForm, here is their website, whoops it doesn't actually work with chrome

I'm not sure why you need a plugin for this, when the builtin keyboard shortcut autotype functionality works perfectly well. That webpage describes opening keepass, selecting it and using autotype from there, but that is not the best way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/06/ex-technician-convicted-of-possibly-drunken-attack-on-smart-water-meter-system/

quote:

Flanagan admitted to FBI agents that he had used a "proprietary program" (which was actually Telnet) to log in to the TGBs from home. He was angry with his former supervisor and, after "coming home drinking, after a few beers," he decided it was a good idea to begin "loggin' in saying these mother fuckers." The software for all this access was still on Flanagan's home computer after he was terminated. "It was always there...so I had...It was on my computer so when they let me go," he told the agents. "It was still there."

• Locked thread