Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Carbon dioxide posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38521973

Folks scanned for non-password protected mongoDB databases exposed to the open internet and if there was any useful data in them, encrypted them with ransomware. Nice.

I get the desire for :10bux: but instead they should've told them to announce to their users how lovely their security is in exchange for the decryption keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

BattleMaster posted:

283 problems but isp data harvesting ain't one

actually according to the study you still have 51 problems with isp data harvesting

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Re: manufacturing bill

Hey it's me, Jerry from HTC,
I noticed you still haven't paid us for manufacturing the Pixel phone. Please transfer $50m to the following account in Latvia (it's for tax purposes, don't worry about it)

• Locked thread