Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009
does the fact that wikileaks will be frequently doxxing the wrong people make us feel more or less comfortable about the project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ken jennings is my hero

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

well. I like how

quote:

Automated devices will notify power companies when an outage occurs which will ensure faster response time to power outages

apparently the power company doesn't know about outages until someone proactively notifies them??

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

a fully-automated haul truck

thunderbirds is so close to being real

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

With all that we know about NSA's hardware and software capabilities this is a super naive assumption. It's extremely likely that there are entire IoT botnets out there that have compromised control servers ready to be used by a variety of nation states. I would bet both of my testicles against a sandwich that at least 3 nation states have enough ddos capacity to take out the root nameservers.

bruce schneier on this topic

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

A paper sizes are one thing, but B is loving stupid.

C sizes are good because you use it for envelopes for A-sized paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Rufus Ping posted:

something you have to copy/paste from by hand like a god drat cave man

a bunch of text files in a TrueCrypt archive, in my case

• Locked thread