Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Segmentation Fault posted:

Microsoft's website will give you a Windows 7 ISO if you give them a valid key

i remember i tried this with a key i got through some MS win 7 upgrade promotion and it would only let me download a french or korean windows 7 iso lol

ala this poor gently caress

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d0-62ca58d027cb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

reminder that you can download a variety of preconfigured HyperV machines with various versions of windows' directly from microsoft for free at modern.ie,

and they only have to be re-armed every 90 days! pretty convenient!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

run a crack on them

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

the windows 10 download page can be coerced into showing download options for windows 7 and 8 as well with a little js :ssh:

unacceptable

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fishmech posted:

older/cheaper rokus (the cheaper rokus often being the old hardware packaged in a newer case) are too slow or missing codec support to handle all the services the newer/more expensive rokus do. so they only get access to a limited subset of the choices.

if you really wanted to, you can force in access with some weird hack poo poo, since some of the channels do actually work even though Roku themselves won't support them on the older/cheaper device. but that's a bunch of hassle

the original roku box in my spare bedroom works great with netflix + plex after all of these years and i think that's pretty drat good for a device that came out in 2008

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

my favorite random little detail in this story is that he didn't bring his laptop charger with him so the FBI agents had to scramble to find an ac adapter compatible with that type of laptop

Don't you just hate when that happens

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

REMEMBER AOL DISCS LOL

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i used a 3.5" aoldisk to store an old copy of leisure suit larry hehe

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBZINtS0ec

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i don't understand why ms disabled the search and then re-enabled it? wtf?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

It's the most wonderful time of the year again, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgC4b9K-gYU

ugh

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

microsoft: "WARNING! THINGS ARE OKAY. IS THAT OKAY? *CLICKS OK*"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

BUT WHO WAS PHONE

thanks folks, i'll be here all week

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

James Baud posted:

Security thread posters wrong again, nonstandard port for something that doesn't need to be accessed by general public keeps your logs cleaner (a good thing) and also saves you from most low-effort untargetted attacks which, every once in a blue moon, do target 0-days.

Sure, you're no more secure, but you outran the other guy so the bear ate him, etc.

Poul-Henning Kamp has a few good bits about the "security through obscurity isn't" canard and its overly anal adherents.

You're never 100% secure anyway, so why pretend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS1JHKIV3jE

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i dont think there is a safe stck to poke other than, if it really bugs you, to email security dept with cc to hr dept that you have observed this and that and you wonder should you be concerned with privacy of your earnings or something

observed what exactly? the op hasnt seen others' data yet and if they do, theyve already rolled around in the poop.

rjmccall posted:

i know this is a huge ask for a goon, but maybe just talk to a coworker and ask them to try to read their own info using your account?
how is roping someone else into the poop going to help anything? one person fired is better than two imo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/GambleLee/status/862307447276544000

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

surebet posted:

pretty much the plan i settled on, what bothers me is that she's apparently taken on a senior role at a university i'm considering, because of course she did. i guess that's an awkward conversation for down the line.

aaaaaaaaaaaa i guess my life is now inexorably linked to idiots with no opsec

are you sure you don't have dissociative identity disorder and you actually own both email accounts?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Instant Grat posted:

i'm the request for a cup of coffee's worth of bitcoin after giving up on holding you to ransom because you're too poor

seriously. :psyduck:

what a bastard

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anyone ever hear of Dashlane?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I use safari keychain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004