Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ahahahaha

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Winkle-Daddy posted:

maybe, but you'd have to have your browser set to auto fill that (please don't do this)

safari does this in a good way, it is totally separate than auto filling name/email/whatever and also has Visa/Mastercard/Amex logos in the autofill drop down to make it super obvious that youre about to put your CC in

itll be nice when more people start doing applepay through their site though

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yeah it is just run the installer and itll still activate just fine lmao

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

hackbunny posted:

I wonder if 1password could use a custom keyboard instead of the clipboard, as an interface between password database and applications

or people could just use icloud keychain like a normal person

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

BobHoward posted:

doesn't apple already have some kind of secure clipboard feature for safely holding sensitive data anyways? i could swear I saw something like that in a wwdc video once

yes. apps cant get data out of the clipboard unless they are the app that put it there (or the user long presses and brings up the copy/paste menu and presses paste)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

My PIN is 4826 posted:

doesn't facebook encourage you to post URLs from your clipboard on your timeline, or was that shut down du to being incredibly creepy?

yeah they cant do this anymore, who knows if it was the reason why the clipboard was locked down but maybe

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

apple tv is the best, but roku is the next best. they have decent apps and things work well but holy poo poo the UI is the most unoptimized laggy low framerate pos ever

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

working in av consulting is cool because i have a list of all professional displays and can pick and choose what features i do want (RCA audio out) and dont want (no smart features but still control over ip) plus get dealer discounts

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

im sorry i refuse to believe anything but it being piped to an old line printer and lowtax sitting next to it with a dialup credit card machine furiously typing numbers in

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just use paypal

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

DuckConference posted:

SA got banned from paypal a long time ago, the bittorrent forums or chargebacks or the katrina donation drive or something I don't really remember anymore.

:thejoke:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

how much disk quota do your employees have on the file server?

e: not defending saving files locally btw

the last time i dealt with this was in like 2004, how exactly are roaming profiles handled now that everything is a laptop on the road or in a home office over vpn

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

eBay still lets you embed flash content into your listings apparently, so how about some auto downloading malware that makes it look like the official apple website

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350983607686?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Jewel posted:

everyone's downloading "Meitu" today, the new craze hit which is a photo app that makes you look like an anime, there's tons of news articles about it and stuff already because of how fast it took off

sadly, uh, the permissions are Not Good

and it sends your IMEI data to china https://twitter.com/FourOctets/status/821987185188478977

aaaand more https://twitter.com/rekrom12/status/822134887226425344

anroid

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol hosting an entire country's worth of people on ms azure ad what would that cost like $1 bil/mo?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

maybe its time to untrust symantec root?

lol what would that break, like 50% of the internet?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

flosofl posted:

Most infosec breach legislation as it impacts customers is on the state level IIRC. I imagine (hope) states are going initiate investigations in the wake of the federal investigation

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

infernal machines posted:

CPB has been detaining foreign nationals at the border and demanding passwords to the social media accounts, among other things

depending on your level of cooperation and melanin, you may be rejected at the border, which is bad if you happen to conduct business in the us of a

loving good. Let international companies straight up abandon the USA. Cob is a straight up white supremacist org and the sooner people learn about it the better

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Bhodi posted:

imo the weakest part of AD is how easy it lets you shoot yourself in the security foot, like for example making domain-wide admin service accounts that have access to everything, never expire, and never require password changes

there's no fixing stupid, but you could at least give a warning / confirmation popup

to be fair, MSAs didn't exist until like 2012

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lomarf

code:
/* generated code */
if ( ++p == pe )
    goto _test_eof;

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just use icloud keychain

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

sharepoint 2016 ladies and gents

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just use icloud keychain

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

that was an excellent talk

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

SSL certs are such a loving racket.

on the other hand, if i really thought I needed to shell out $2k for a SSL cert from some company and then find out it's losing its trust i'd flip my poo poo.

we almost bought a cert from startcom and then went with a comodo reseller. it would have only been $350 or so, but still

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

CrazyLittle posted:

there's always starfield too

never heard of them, $8 a year is crazy. im using LE for my home certs but if i wasnt....

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

apseudonym posted:

There's no indication users actually care

this is a user problem, EV is good idea because people trust the green padlock and if they see the padlock on paypa1.com they think they are okay

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lmbo

https://twitter.com/malwrhunterteam/status/850239122950168576

read the thread, the creator of the malware replies

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

horry poo poo

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

this is a real product? it feels like a tim and eric skit

"here use this oven. its like a regular oven but its huge an ugly and costs 10 times as much in utilities"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just server 2008 though, so basically anyone who gets hit by this deserves it

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Shaggar posted:

also what would be the point of fingerprinting the hardware? So you can try to determine if a user wipes their device and the installs your app under a new user account?

yeah, they would make a new uber account using a free signup code and get 5 free rides or whatever then repeat this over and over to get paid out from uber without putting any money in

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

oh iframes: https://www.brokenbrowser.com/sop-bypass-uxss-tweeting-like-charles-darwin/

websites opening blank iframes for whatever reason, and they can be exploited

microsoft, bad at security? inconceivable

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i just use iis crypto

https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

heres a good one, i was debugging an internal app and noticed weird network behavior for remote users. anyways after doing some research i have found that our ASAs are running 7.2

:discourse:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

anthonypants posted:

our asas are on 9.something and it was decided to put off patching them while we waiting for rmas to go through :v:

speaking of which has anyone gotten replacement hardware affected by that c2000 hardware bug

we're dropping cisco anyways but jesus christ theres like 5+ 10 score CVEs these are vulnerable to and we have almost 40

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

infernal machines posted:

mainframe of theseus

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

im the hot glue holding the LEDs

• Locked thread