Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What is the public PGP key of this thread so I know I'm getting an authenticated yospos security fuckup experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

You could not connect them to the internet like you do now with your current fridge/freezer/tumbler

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

please don't post pictures containing my first and last name without censoring them in mspaint first

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Truga posted:

and thus begins the fall of ransomware

alternatively: Here ends ransomware as a way to extract value from idiots with computers, here also starts using ransomware to hamper your competitors. Think industrious espionage but instead of stealing your competitors secrets you lock them away behind a wall of crypto and cyber.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

lol if you check luggage at all. physical security, etc, etc

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

hackbunny posted:

the malware samples I've seen raise some extremely obvious red flags when run in the simplest of the automated analysis tools, and they're clearly part of a shared lineage dating back years, so it's a little amazing to me that it took so long for it to be noticed

Considering how good everyone including myself is at clicking away big red boxes this shouldn't be a surprise.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to the power company jumping into action every time my router goes down.

i look forward to living in a country where power outages are rare because infrastructure is maintained

but i'm already there

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cheese-cube posted:

agreedo. also assuming that whatever is on the other end of rj45 jack speaks ethernet is a kind of dumb assumption

It could very well be RJ45 for data collection or fault finding. I've seen a number of, granted scientific equipment, which comes with RJ45 so you can collect the data. Don't know if it's a two way street though.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Get ready to DDOS while invading oil nations boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This rules but I can't believe this is the fourth furby

I'm impressed it's taken this long. The first one is from 1998.

• Locked thread