Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I went to the trouble of making this thread to discuss the game and BLAH BLAH squirrel girl

have at it boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I hope this game is not tvc2 or sfxt2, but actually is just marvel 4 instead

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
legit hoping we get cable in this game, if only to see his new Marvel Now redisign

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
cant wait for this thread to be revived just in time for the game to come out then we'll immediately kill it and make a new one

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Does MvC need Cable? Or does it just need Hyper Viper Beam?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

cant wait for this thread to be revived just in time for the game to come out then we'll immediately kill it and make a new one

for sure :thumbsup:, this thread is primarily for discussion of the series, and what characters you want to see and why they'd be a good fit for the game

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
bring back phoenix wright but better imo

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

boy are my arms tired posted:

bring back phoenix wright but better imo

Yeah take out Regular Pheonix and just let Pheonix Wright turn into Dark Pheonix.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I like the handful of Marvel comics I read just fine but I can't imagine a company I'm less interested in seeing fighting game characters from than Modern Marvel lmao.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

fadam posted:

I like the handful of Marvel comics I read just fine but I can't imagine a company I'm less interested in seeing fighting game characters from than Modern Marvel lmao.

you have no idea what khamala khan or femthor will play like

give it a chance.

also can somebody make sure to tell capcom that war machine and iron man are two entirely different characters, each with their own respective theme?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You're right, I don't know how Fem Thor will play. I do know I'd rather have the cool Thor instead. Kamala could be cool, though.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

fadam posted:

You're right, I don't know how Fem Thor will play. I do know I'd rather have the cool Thor instead. Kamala could be cool, though.

one time i legit forgot thor was even in umvc3 :v:

Games › Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Social Justice? In MY Mahvel?!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zand posted:

I hope this game is not tvc2 or sfxt2, but actually is just marvel 4 instead

my theory is the Killer Instinct pricing model, but with Marvel and Capcom characters

either way we're going to all be pissed off at the gameplay

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
interesting conversation going on on NeoGaf right now concerning the potential roster size. in a game where assets are clearly being reused, why not just slap in the u/mvc3 roster, add additional characters and call it a day?

50 u/mvc3 characters + 20 newcomers sounds like a good deal to me

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

interesting conversation going on on NeoGaf right now concerning the potential roster size. in a game where assets are clearly being reused, why not just slap in the u/mvc3 roster, add additional characters and call it a day?

50 u/mvc3 characters + 20 newcomers sounds like a good deal to me

Boy are you gonna be disappointed when this game comes out (so are we all).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Fellblade posted:

Boy are you gonna be disappointed when this game comes out (so are we all).

i know realistically speaking they wont, what im saying is, why not

reused assets is literally a staple of this franchise

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

Because the only evidence of re-used assets in the animations, which are maybe 20% of a characters total cost, if that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Race Realists posted:

because why include reused assets in the final product when you can just ship with half and then sell the other half as dlc

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Roster size won't matter that much when/if the gameplay is bland and dumb. (See also: SFxT)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

because why include reused assets in the final product when you can just ship with half and then sell the other half as dlc

this would be the ideal scenario (barring us not just getting them at all) :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
does anyone have a schedule of the next big gaming/comic convention?

im getting antsy here

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I was hoping for more information on this, but the thread is lacking. :(

Here's the extended gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQ_l1XHL_g

And here's an info dump from: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hits-ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/

quote:

Features

* Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
* Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
* Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
* Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
* Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
* Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
* Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

accessible content? sign me up. I have no intention of learning "game mechanics" (I'm not an engineer, I'm a gamer!) so this sounds perfect for me.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i love Graphics

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

fadam posted:

The early word is that the game has more to do with the MCU than the comics. They've already announced an Iron Man who appears to be Tony and a Captain America who's visibly Steve.

It wouldn't surprise me to see an All-New, All-Different DLC pack or something, but for right now, it's probably safe to assume all the future characters will be the "classic" versions.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
this wait is so completely loving pointless, i dont know what they're trying to prove by not even showing a goddamn picture

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It builds HOYPE

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
it builds rage

nerdrage

the best kind of rage

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All I know is, Sigma best be playable.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
who

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Megaman X main villain, a living virus thing. Likely end boss of this game after infecting Ultron.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Megaman canon is for nerds.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I think they are afraid to let their producers talk anymore because they haven't said anything smart when they are allowed to talk

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Brosnan posted:

Megaman canon is for nerds.

Zero is aptly named tbh.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

Telltale presents Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Worse Game in this series yet because

fadam posted:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

fadam posted:

I like how they had to address Chris Redfield by name, because between this game, RE 7, and the upcoming RE CGI movie, Chris looks like three completely different people at this point.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
holy poo poo, an actual story this time:stare:

also theyre TOTALLY ripping off Injustice trailers, and i loving love it

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 25, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Those cutscenes look REALLY rough, like super-japanese-mocap style low quality animation stuff. i hope that improves as time goes on but we'll have to wait and see I guess. The story mode will not compare favorably to Injustice or MKX, but it's good that they're trying to do something like that.

still waiting on my squirrel girl/phoenix wright team announcement though

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Those cutscenes look REALLY rough, like super-japanese-mocap style low quality animation stuff. i hope that improves as times goes on

:lol: if you think capcom has learned a loving thing from SFV

im deeply deeply ashamed to admit im a mindless shill for this franchise

pretty sure you could have a video tape of a dog taking a poo poo, label it "Marvel Vs. Capcom" and id likely ask you the price :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 25, 2017

• Locked thread