Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This roster isn't looking too hot on the marvel side....

At least Strider is back, but Chris??? Really??????????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
capcom vs the mcu

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

capcom vs the mcu

:tif:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

The REAL Goobusters posted:

At least Strider is back, but Chris??? Really??????????????????????????????

I believe in Chris!

I'm a little surprised it's not Chris in more of an RE6 outfit, but RE5 is the best-selling game in the history of Capcom, so he's probably stuck like that for the time being.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

comedy option: crappy Mega Man Zero version of Zero like in SVC Chaos :laugh:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Race Realists posted:

I went to the trouble of making this thread to discuss the game and BLAH BLAH squirrel girl

have at it boys

Oh hey you're that freak with the super special opinions on politics.

So anyways, what are the chances of Hugo being in the game? He was practically a Marvel character in USF4. He had armor on a lot of his moves and loving HYPER armor on EX clothesline and EX meat squasher. His super had full-screen invincibility and he could combo into something afterwards and his anti-air ultra was a 1-frame, invincible anti-air grab. If Capcom wants more large characters they should put him in the game. He'd be preferable to the other grapplers they put in the series so far.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Race Realists posted:

Games › Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Social Justice? In MY Mahvel?!

And we're off to a great start

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This game is going to be awful and I refuse to give Capcom any money for it, but I'll still cry when Gene doesn't make the roster

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Race Realists posted:

holy poo poo, an actual story this time:stare:

also theyre TOTALLY ripping off Injustice trailers, and i loving love it

remember when MVC3 had cinematic trailers? that was supposed to be a "story" too

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

which Inhuman are you guys looking forward to most?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Cabbagepots posted:

And we're off to a great start

i seriouspost every political opinion

i am not black

the shoulder-pads look familiar

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/856884759074545664/photo/1

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

fadam posted:

I think Lockjaw would be pretty cool. Marvel gets a dog to act as a counterpart to Capcom's dog.

I'd play a big doggy grappler.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If you guys go back and watch the MvC3 cinematic trailers they're a billion times better than this one

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol gently caress this game for announcing 6 DLC characters before even announcing the full roster. This could turn into a bigger mess than Street Fighter X Tekken. Hey look at Sigma, want to play as him? We will announce the rest of the roster later but remember buy the DLC.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

fadam posted:

I'm going to main Badgerine.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Quote from Ryce:

quote:

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.

He's joking, of course. Capcom would never oh god this is actually a real thing isn't it.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
That guy has been on point with the leaks, it's real. loving Capcom man.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Good, honestly it was pretty toxic and anti-fun with no counterplay to expect players to have to learn basic inputs to execute their moves.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Apparently there's more where that can from, too.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
help I'm an adult that can operate complex machines like a car or computer or smartphone but I'm unable to move my thumb a centimeter to the right and press a single button to shoot a fireball in a video game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The thing about DP motions is that they're unintuitive. A new player watching Ryu do a dragon punch won't be able to immediately "grok" how to do it, and that's problematic from a design standpoint.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
wiggle your thumb in the corner and press a single button

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zand posted:

help I'm an adult that can operate complex machines like a car or computer or smartphone but I'm unable to move my thumb a centimeter to the right and press a single button to shoot a fireball in a video game

greetings

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
More from Ryce on NeoGAF:

quote:

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

The game is already going down in flames and it's not even out yet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How long till they reveal the stupid power up gems that cost real money

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Hey everyone I have exclusive info I can't talk about right now but they're totally legit you guys you'll see in a few days when everyone has forgotten these posts."

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's a good thing that they're streamlining the controls. Making people spend six hundred dollars on a hitbox or fight stick to be competitive is problematic because it disadvantages people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Look you're all loving pussies I only play fighting games on my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II Gibson X-Plorer

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Hey everyone I have exclusive info I can't talk about right now but they're totally legit you guys you'll see in a few days when everyone has forgotten these posts."

This guy is a known leaker, all his previous info has been right, this isnt some," my uncle works at Nintendo" poo poo". When the gently caress is revelator coming out, I can't do this poo poo with Capcom anymore.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Injustass 2 is going to save fighting games.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
When are they bringing Roll back

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

InnercityGriot posted:

This guy is a known leaker, all his previous info has been right, this isnt some," my uncle works at Nintendo" poo poo". When the gently caress is revelator coming out, I can't do this poo poo with Capcom anymore.

Then maybe he shouldn't sit on things.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

When are they bringing Roll back

I'll bring Roll back by putting her in GigaMaidens

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think this trailer actually tanked my hype. The art direction needs some work, especially the facial animations. Everybody's serving Toy Story 1995 dead eyes. Also :lol: at announcing a ton of DLC including 6 characters when we've seen maybe 10 seconds of gameplay.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Shneak posted:

I think this trailer actually tanked my hype. The art direction needs some work, especially the facial animations. Everybody's serving Toy Story 1995 dead eyes.

It's because they used 1:1 mocap for all the animations and didn't bother to tweak them afterwards. No one told these amateur idiots that you have to spend a lot of time touching up the animations to make sure they don't produce that uncanny valley effect.

The scene where Rocket Raccoon is talking to Megaman X is particularly bad. X's eyes don't even move, it's just like he's a cosplayer wearing an anime mask. His eyelids sort of move but that's about it, his irises don't even bother to glance at Rocket Raccoon.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234694963&postcount=1556

ryce posted:

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

Would be even more hilarious if, after everyone in his neogaf thread went and ordered this game immediately, were deflated to learn that his further posts detailed how certain characters like Chris "lost some things/moves"

I heard there are no assists in the game. Wtf? That's kind of a major part of the game

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cabbagepots posted:

It's because they used 1:1 mocap for all the animations and didn't bother to tweak them afterwards. No one told these amateur idiots that you have to spend a lot of time touching up the animations to make sure they don't produce that uncanny valley effect.

I'm not going to listen to any accusations of amateurism from the Gigamaidens guy. Could you maybe never post again?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
All of their design decisions would make perfect sense if it was a game to be played on mobile or on Switch. It's like Capcom felt obligated to make it a $60 modern system release because they don't know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not worse, just different!

• Locked thread