Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hold that thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

i really dont have much a problem with this since FGs are always building off previous iterations, thats whatever, but if the time saved isnt used to give me more characters or idk SOMETHING that adds to the game, its bullshit

it's kind of disappointing that while MVC3 started off showing us Dante, Deadpool, Chris Redfield, and Dormammu---all of whom were very new and original guys to put in----this one shows off Ultron and Sigma, one who isn't really included in the game, both being space robot men. They don't seem as exciting. I need poo poo like Jack Baker, Gene, a Cyberbot, poo poo just put Loki in there.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The real disappointment here is that that trailer doesn't have any footage of Captain Marvel or X, who are the other newcomers first revealed and would be nice to see some gameplay for.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's kind of disappointing that while MVC3 started off showing us Dante, Deadpool, Chris Redfield, and Dormammu---all of whom were very new and original guys to put in----this one shows off Ultron and Sigma, one who isn't really included in the game, both being space robot men. They don't seem as exciting. I need poo poo like Jack Baker, Gene, a Cyberbot, poo poo just put Loki in there.

oh i agree, I mean gameplay wise he looks kind of cool, but he is ugly and actually everyone else is ugly and the ui is ugly and everything about the game is ugly and it sucks real bad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i mean sigma has a laser scythe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

oh i agree, I mean gameplay wise he looks kind of cool, but he is ugly and actually everyone else is ugly and the ui is ugly and everything about the game is ugly and it sucks real bad

I'm fine with assets looking the way they do if the game is built well and has nice features and a big roster, sort of how I felt about KOF14. But I doubt MVC is going to have a roster that big. If it's like 50 characters then I'd be pleased, presuming that 25 of them aren't ones you have to pay for after the $60.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Didn't look too bad imo. At least it didn't look like SFxT this time lmao. I could see myself playing and having fun with this game if the controls aren't completely retarded.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Cabbagepots posted:

I'll bring Roll back by putting her in GigaMaidens

Forgive me for saying but roll doesn't seem very giga

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
What the gently caress is gigamaidens, sounds like an alternate universe Skullgirls with some dude's pre existing waifus from what I've gleaned thus far

I'm gonna main Ultron I don't care what his moveset is I just wanna be evil robot

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/857285467343114245

they couldn't even get Laura Bailey back for chun-li :stare:

WutangSavesXmas
Jul 31, 2012

T..Thank you, Wolverine.
-Evo 2013
I'm the only human who wants Amingo and Anakaris in this game.

The gameplay video looked way better than I thought it was gonna be. I wonder what the game will be like once it's "figured out"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WutangSavesXmas posted:

I'm the only human who wants Amingo and Anakaris in this game.

The gameplay video looked way better than I thought it was gonna be. I wonder what the game will be like once it's "figured out"

As a yung'n I always loved playing gimmicky characters so :yeah: also Shuma-Gorath pls

I'd also love to see an ultimate troll when the true final boss is Cyber Akuma

e: bring back orange Venom too

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 26, 2017

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Forgive me for saying but roll doesn't seem very giga

No its all good. There are gigamaidens that have Roll's stature. I haven't announced them yet.

HebrewMagic posted:

What the gently caress is gigamaidens, sounds like an alternate universe Skullgirls with some dude's pre existing waifus from what I've gleaned thus far

It's my fighting game about giant ladies. Catch my posts about it in the FG thread because I ain't wanna derail the riveting Marvel discussion

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah if you're interested in Gigamaidens, make sure you hop on steam greenlight and upvote it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would like for this game to be fun and to have trish and dormammu return. i'm probably asking for too much though

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i would like for this game to be fun and to have trish and dormammu return. i'm probably asking for too much though

I'm sure their animations will be repurposed to another character like ultron did with Nova.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/857285467343114245

they couldn't even get Laura Bailey back for chun-li :stare:

too busy doing the voice for the protagonist in Injustice 2

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As low rent and mobile-quality as the graphics in this look I still prefer this bombastic style to how plodding IJ2 looks.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

fadam posted:

As low rent and mobile-quality as the graphics in this look I still prefer this bombastic style to how plodding IJ2 looks.

They both look exactly the same.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this one actually has lighting

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cabbagepots posted:

They both look exactly the same.

how about no, scott

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
X looks so plain whenever he's in his basic blue armor. None of the other Mega have that problem for me and they all have cool extra armor as well. For some reason it's always with X.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Where the gently caress is the club music

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm not buying until I am threatened to be taken for a ride

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shneak posted:

Where the gently caress is soulja boy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
very dishonest insiders, sad!

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/857328841626222593

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Looks more Tatsunoko than Marvel 3

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ZenVulgarity posted:

Looks more Tatsunoko than Marvel 3

tatsunoko owned, bring it back capcom

oh and uh, while im asking for poo poo that wont happen, jack baker in mvc:i please and thanks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

this one actually has lighting

the first gameplay demo did

now it just looks like plastic

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

boy are my arms tired posted:

tatsunoko owned, bring it back capcom

I found him boys, the guy who thinks TvC is a good game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Brosnan posted:

I found him boys, the guy who thinks TvC is a good game.

howdy, nice to meet you

i have a whole slew of other bad opinions, would you like to know more

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

howdy, nice to meet you

i have a whole slew of other bad opinions, would you like to know more

sure why not

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

http://kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-wants-even-newbies-to-have-a-1794685310

idk how I feel about each Stone having reusable constant traits like knockback attack or loving teleports, so now everyone can be Wesker. I really wish they didn't dumb it down to 2v2 and get rid of assists outside of tags/counter combo.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

boxcarhobo posted:

sure why not

mortal kombat is boring
persona 4 arena was real good
mvc2 was the pinnacle of the series
blazblue is trite garbage

usf4 was more fun for me than 3rd strike

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx

MORE DEETS

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mortal kombat is boring
persona 4 arena was real good
mvc2 was the pinnacle of the series
blazblue is trite garbage

usf4 was more fun for me than 3rd strike

all of these are boring opinions

:getout:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
http://kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-wants-even-newbies-to-have-a-1794685310

Looks like they let all the normies play this game and they're swooning over the changes for newcomers

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

boxcarhobo posted:

all of these are boring opinions

:getout:

hey man i don't know what you're fishing for, not like i'm gonna say something radical like guilty gear sucks

"31. Wavedashing (canceling a dash by crouching in order to move across the screen faster) is still possible, but according to Capcom, it’s more effective to let dashes play out."

lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

10. The control scheme moves away from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3’s three-attacks-plus-launcher button layout and instead has four attack buttons (light and heavy punches and kicks), as well as one button apiece for swapping characters and Infinity Stones.

That's cool.

20. The build we played replaced several uppercut motions for special moves with two downward taps. It’s not final yet, but the team likes the way it makes moves easier to perform.

thinkingemoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
don't believe it that's fake news according to capcom

• Locked thread