Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

I want shirtless chainsaw duelist Jack from 7

He gets three life bars, every time you knock him out he just comes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Wanderer posted:

It's a bit of a spoiler. There's a guy in the game's ending for about thirty seconds who claims to be Chris, but he's wildly off-model and appears to be working for Umbrella. This is supposedly going to be followed up on in the free DLC, "Not A Hero," which was recently delayed. Chris is also appearing in a new CGI movie in June, Resident Evil: Vendetta.

Since Chris is wearing his RE5 outfit in MVCI, I think it's a lot more likely that he's just there as the face of the franchise. RE5 is Capcom's best-selling game of all time.

it could be a fake out, but i believe Nakanishi when he says it is chris and they just made him look different to match the style of the game, old style chris would look like a mutant

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

boxcarhobo posted:

it could be a fake out, but i believe Nakanishi when he says it is chris and they just made him look different to match the style of the game, old style chris would look like a mutant

Apparently part of it is that the new RE Engine actively requires motion capture, so they had to effectively recast Chris.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Put Hugo in this game god drat it, look at this poo poo, he is literally a Marvel character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqJtYc5ZS4

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Cabbagepots posted:

Put Hugo in this game god drat it, look at this poo poo, he is literally a Marvel character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqJtYc5ZS4

"Nothing moves The Blob!"

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I am an eternally asspained baby over the lack of x-men.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11270035#Comment_11270035

quote:

People need to start using the correct words.
This is neither a scam or extorsion.
Call it what it is, a bad business practice, or a lovely practice or whatever.

Saying that is a scam or extorsion is akin of those idiots that say that cat calling is another form of rape.
Is Idiotic.

SIG:

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
( •_•)>⌐■-■
IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

the shoryuken boards never fail to disappoint :allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 29, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

first of all: nice custom text

second of all: srk is trash, we all know

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/860524161239846912

https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/860525439521099778

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah real lazy if them to reuse Vin Diesel's lines for that super move.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Is this the nail in the coffin for Groot being playable? :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah real lazy if them to reuse Vin Diesel's lines for that super move.

not the line I was referring to but ok :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How long before MvC3 (or SFV) did we know the full launch roster?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Countblanc posted:

How long before MvC3 (or SFV) did we know the full launch roster?

The Hsien Ko/Sentinel reveal trailer was about two weeks before MvC3's release.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Didn't the MvC3 roster get leaked waaaaay ahead of time though? Or was that just UMvC3

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I remember correctly UMvC3 released a trailer announcing the game and had some images on their site that were like https://www.marvelversuscapcom.com/firebrand.jpg, so people just tried different names in the URL until they found the full roster.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is this the nail in the coffin for Groot being playable? :(

correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they'll both be playable, kinda like Ferra/Torr from MKX

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
When's masterblaster being put in a fighting game

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
REALLY hope they make Ultron Sigma a playable character

love the design

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
They'll probably save it for Marvel Vs Capcom Ultimate Infinity

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How come Injustice 2 seems to resonate with normies more than the VS series?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

fadam posted:

mostly due to :911:

whereas the VS series always had the stink of WEIRD ANIME poo poo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

story mode

e: also vs games have the perception among people who have seen them in passing as impenetrable execution combo nightmares

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

fadam posted:

WB Games is very good at marketing. Capcom has its moments, but doesn't seem like it's putting any real thought or force into marketing MVCI right now, and even MVC3 seemed like they were letting the mere presence of Marvel carry most of the mail.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

fadam posted:

Marketing. Capcom has no idea how to market this at all. Or anything for that matter.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Marketing. Capcom has no idea how to market this at all. Or anything for that matter.

RE7 got a pretty savvy push.

I suspect that someone high up at Capcom is trying to save money by letting the FGC do the work for them, which looks like a smart move on paper but is also the kind of thing you would only come up with if you know almost nothing about the FGC.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fadam posted:

If Capcom made a straight up Marvel fighting game with how popular the movies are it'd probably sell well and get a lot more eyes on it.

Also if it looked good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

believe it or not the Capcom half of the whole 'Marvel VS' thing scares away more people than it draws in

makes it feel like being familiar with just Marvel isnt enough, you also need to know all these video game characters too

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Guess what? Somebody on neogaf with intel spoiled the base roster and it's, um, terrible:

quote:

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Take away Haggar, P.Wright, Amaterasu, V. Joe and most of Resident Evil and DmC and give us Monster Hunter and a new Darkstalker while keeping the G&G duo? Weird choices.

E: Full list of characters from UMvC3 not in the leaked MvCI list:

Akuma
Wesker
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Deadpool
Doom
Dormammu
Felicia
Ghost Rider
Hsien-Ko
Iron Fist
Magneto
Haggar
MODOK
Phoenix
Phoenix Wright
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Storm
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Trish
Tron
Vergil
V. Joe
Wolverine
X-23
Zero
Jill
Shuma

Additions:

Jedah
Monster Hunter
Mega Man X
Ant-Man
Capt. Marvel
Gamora
Rocket + Groot
Thanos
Ultron
Sigma + other DLC (Venom?)

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 31, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008
As long as Jedah can still pull off his own head, then I'm fine with that list.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

A ton of the base roster are low/medium mobility characters, possibly intentional to slow down game pace/not intimidate people new to the vs. series? You still have a few like Chun, Strider and Nova but nobody who's going to be zipping around at even Doom fly/airdash speed and the ones with teleports weren't that amazing in 3.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

No Gene no buy

Though I will play as monster hunter assuming he/she can cook a steak as a taunt

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

Additions:

Rocket + Groot

Racon was in the last one, albeit without Groot and with British accent.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Racon was in the last one, albeit without Groot and with British accent.

I would consider what appears to be Rocket riding Groot as a new character, I seriously doubt he's going to play at all like Ultimate Rocket.

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*
I wonder if Groot is an assist/install super, and the one they showed off was a level 3 post-install a la Vergil's in Ultimate. Considering how many other assets they're re-using, seems weird that they'd remake Rocket entirely.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Hippopo posted:

I wonder if Groot is an assist/install super, and the one they showed off was a level 3 post-install a la Vergil's in Ultimate. Considering how many other assets they're re-using, seems weird that they'd remake Rocket entirely.

Groot is a lot more important in a post-GotG Marvel world.

I hope Monster Hunter is the weird one with a bunch of gimmicks. Give me on the fly weapon switching, give me a damage boost if I take time to sharpen, give me an inventory with First-Aid Meds and Dung Bombs that snapback and prevent red life from healing when they tag out and Felyne helpers for combo extending and damage soaking. Give me a super where I ride a Deviljho or a Rathalos over the other team and a win cinematic where I harvest the other guy for useful parts.

E: I just realized every EVO championship team is losing at least one character in the base roster and some lost all 3.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 31, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shneak posted:

Guess what? Somebody on neogaf with intel spoiled the base roster and it's, um, terrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ28FcRePAo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope that list is not real because hoooo boy how do you go from a great roster to a not even half as good roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gamora is like the least interesting character on the guardians of the galaxy team. That Marvel line up is weak as gently caress man and the Capcom one ain't too far behind it.

• Locked thread