Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Crosspost from the general thread:

Thoughts based on that 4:30 of gameplay:

- Normals and movement both actually look faster than mvc3 which surprised me. It's really noticeable on Hulk because 95% of his moveset is the same but faster, with his aerial combo being like 50% faster and his forward hopdash being slightly faster.

- Chris has some kind of ammo mechanic but I'm not sure I saw it actually come into play anywhere in there.

- There were both conventional Marvel assists and also SFxT style "do a special and then tag while the special still goes on" sorta things in there.

- I don't hate the plastic action figure look in motion as much as I did in stills but it's still not as visually impressive as one would hope.

- Ultron and Chun did some neat stuff in there. Visually appealing aerial wall bounce ground bounce bashy stuff.

- Infinity Stone putting them in a box for that long seems like it has potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The real disappointment here is that that trailer doesn't have any footage of Captain Marvel or X, who are the other newcomers first revealed and would be nice to see some gameplay for.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Endorph posted:

i mean, it makes sense, x as a character was never defining by his mobility, especially in the air, while shooting

If only he could be like his older cousin and JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE

• Locked thread