Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How much meter is the tag burst in this game? I watched a ton of Bum's stream tonight and I don't think ever saw anyone do it.

It might be one of those things where it's really strong but people don't do it for the first month, but after that it's everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I played this at a friend's house at lunch today and had fun.

The game looks a lot better in motion imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Slow down there pal.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Playing this for a few hours then going back to Injustice 2 to mess around with Black Manta, it's astonishing just how visually bland Injustice 2 is.

Imagine a superhero fighting game with all the care and attention put into the models and animations that DBZF and XRD have :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zand posted:

dbzf is that very thing

I don't care about Dragon Ball characters. I want to see Superman zipping around and blowing poo poo up, not slowly hovering across the screen like on injustice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently pics of Monster Hunter leaked?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think it's a bad idea to let other people's opinions influence how you feel about things. If you like MvCI and a bunch of people on SA don't, that's just life. It's not worth getting upset about.

Put your anger and indignance toward something good, like defending Pewdiepie in his time of need.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So is this just another on-disc DLC situation like what happened with SFxT? If so then lol

It's probably closer to an MKX thing like with Tanya where the model exists but is missing a ton of moves and animations etc.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope not.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is X having a voice lore appropriate I never played the non NES Megamen.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

The fact that they couldn't even pay for Laura Bailey this time is fairly good indicator of how much effort and cash was spent on developing this game.

I can't imagine Ashley Burch is any less expensive than other voice actors at this point tbh

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How's chip on specials in this game?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

seeing Jedah in action just makes me wish this was Darkstalkers VS Marvel which would be 100x better than "Marvel vs A Mostly Ugly And Milquetoast Cast." IIRC The Capcom characters are mostly fireball people versus the beam users on Marvel, which means with the pushblock and counter poo poo, beam characters are better off.

I'm bummed as anyone that we got slay queen yass bae Captain Marvel and no X-Men, but I still think what Marvel characters we did get are fine. Obviously a better selection (with more new characters) would have been nice, though.

I'd also be hesitant to designate anyone as being better off than anyone else before the game has actually been played competitively. It's anecdotal obviously, but all the streamer's I've watched say Morrigan is incredibly strong.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pretend I posted the thinking emoji that's all messed up here.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't you also reflect projectiles by pushblocking? capcom must have reeeeally hated morridoom or something

If I remember correctly all beams cant' be reflected, and certain other projectiles like Chris' magnum also can't be reflected.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I really haven't been paying attention to any character changes at all. Does Chris have to reload everything? Are his projectiles stronger to compensate?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What specifically made Ghost Rider bad in MvC3?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't have specifics and I didn't watch the stream but according to NeoGAF some french dude named Basgrospoing just streamed Spider-Man and Ghost Rider and he thinks Ghost Rider is a lot better.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

some guy on NeoGAF posted:

*Heartless Spire is now a move you can go into launcher or special cancel into. Allows him to use it for OTG purposes into combos ad create better walls (Spire into Hell flame Up).

*Characters take chip from normals of they are in the air. This is insane for him.

*Universal OTG means Ghost Rider can OTG with his sweep which has massive range.

*Ghost Rider has the universal j.KHK spike which means he can convert combos from super jump height which he couldn't do before.

*Smaller screen size means his normals are deadlier.

*All of his chain moves basically act like long ranged beams for assist purposes with a tag. Jump d+HP into tag is really oppressive.

*DUD jumping makes all of his air normals much threatening especially his j.HP which hits all around him..

*Without a Vergil in this game, no one can contest or punish him in ground normals war.

*Stuff like Time stone means he can escape bad situations and turn the tide.

What's DUD jumping?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423580&page=108

EDIT: Apparently Nova might do more damage if he has more bar?

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/908669761592098816

The reflect is very funny.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe I'm mistaken, but other than the auto combo stuff it doesn't look like the game has particularly easy execution.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The shady belarussian man I bought my key from online for a handful of rubles just refunded my order :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nate405 posted:

GamesPlanet still has the standard edition for ~$40 and they're actually a legitimate distributor.

Does this work in Canada?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MvCI machine broke.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/909483684230819841

Some of the combos in this game are very stylish.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That would be absolutely hilarious.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When does this unlock on steam?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

idk how its going to end up shaping out and I might be wrong, but right now at an amateur level I think running someone who can mix people up and a swole guy like Hulk, Thor, Thanos, etc. is optimal because you can tag into the big guy to get high damage very easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What do you guys think of Iron Man in this game? I wish he had a better air normal to open people up with like Ultron or Dormammu's HP.

• Locked thread