Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i love Graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

now what the heck is going on here

i learned through laughing at this game that there's some weird marvel youtube series thats called "tl;dr" that is actually super apt at summarizing the events of various comic stories and wow i forgot how loving dumb the infinity gauntlet plotline was

thanos literally creates a waifu with the infinity gauntlet so he can make death jealous and i hope this happens in this game

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zand posted:

I already talked about this earlier in the thread but a lot of what makes mvc2 tick was deliberate. great games rarely happen on accident

almost every single high level technique in mvc3 was known by the devs, with the main exception being tac infinite poo poo
they knew about plinkdashing in vanilla alongside XF grab punish/bait, they just thought nobody could be assed to do it

btw the window for reflect is like 4-5f and the list of reflectable projectiles is way bigger than you think- i managed to reflect zero's lightning and convert it into a combo at evo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Endorph posted:

the only one of the avengers to appear in the top 64 of evo 2017 is freaking hawkeye, they definitely don't want a repeat of that

this is still going to happen but with iron man instead of hawkeye anyways

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

their community engagement isnt even that bad, its just there's an ocean of disconnect between the people that make their current garbage rear end games and the people at capcom usa who are like "well i liked capcom games and also its my job to sell capcom games now so..."

my favorite part of modern capcom fg production is how they manage to strike the bizarrely stupid combination of giving folks the simultaneous impressions of "they're making games only to appeal to pro players" and "they're dumbing down games trying to appeal to casuals"

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

wasnt that the last game neo_g worked on? neo_g was like the embodiment of capcom where he just did poo poo because it seemed fun and made a game. 50% of the time it was good at high level.

yep, after that neo_g was on game manual editing duty afterwards because capcom is full of retards

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

reminder that the capcom side of mvci literally has 2 new characters in a 30 man cast

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fellblade posted:

That seems bad but then you remember Capcom has no characters anybody cares about outside tiny fanbases for old games.

Like I'm mad for DMC but that series hasn't had a new Capcom game in 10 years, it's lucky we got Dante at all.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Reiley posted:

I hope this game turns out to be good either by accident or on purpose but only for tabs's sake.
https://my.mixtape.moe/wntuqf.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i bought it for 30 dollars and gave the russians my information

i think 30 dollars is about right because the dlc costs another 30 and at 60 you have the same amount of chars as vanilla mvc3 on 'release' with dlc
this is assuming the chars dont take a full year to deploy or whatever

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

zoning is probably the only effective playstyle in this game but keepaway doesnt exist

you take no chip dmg on the ground supposedly outside of reflecting projectiles so yeah

no chip death as well besides from supers apparently?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Max beyond desperate to like this piece of poo poo

hey they're changing things for the better
they added chip back into the game hooraaay

on the other hand
also they buffed bursts to make them free escapes whoops

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

if i cant have 3 gokus on my team then the game sucks

this one i mean

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Dormammu has the same VA he did in MVC3 but his lines sound nowhere near as cool or menacing. He just sounds like a generic evil dude with echoing voice.

wait holy poo poo it's the same dude?

no loving way

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wonder why is his text in image form

Kurtofan posted:

how do you know this for sure
devil may cry confirmed prequel of the final fight series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008