Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
All of their design decisions would make perfect sense if it was a game to be played on mobile or on Switch. It's like Capcom felt obligated to make it a $60 modern system release because they don't know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shneak posted:

Where the gently caress is soulja boy

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

Additions:

Rocket + Groot

Racon was in the last one, albeit without Groot and with British accent.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Black Widow's the most egregious cut since she's one of the core Avengers 6 from the movies (and the only woman) and all you'd have to do is swap Jill's head from MVC3 and you'd have another cut 'n' paste character that they're relying on so much.

No wonder the guy who does Monster Hunter tries to keep his poo poo separate from the rest of Capcom he's the only one there who has a clue what the gently caress he's doing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Fantasic Four vs. Darkstalkers! No actual Fantastic 4 members included

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just cancel the game and spare yourself the embarrassment already.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gameplay bad. Story bad. Game bad.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Nothing this game has shown has dissuaded me from thinking it would have been a decent mobile/Switch game if not overpriced, but got tossed onto modern systems for $60 bucks because Capcom has no clue what they're doing.

Like between this/SFV/SFxT I don't even want to play the old games. A barcade down the road from me just got Turbo and I passed it up because I'm now that soured on the whole franchise.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope the game gets broken open in like a weekend and everyone realizes how futile and pointless it is to play and it gets tossed aside.

Actually I hope that doesn't happen because no one plays it at all but I'll take what I can get.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGkR3hoKUI

Nemesis, Mike Haggar, Spiderman and Frank West revealed

Plus MODOK in that one background, fwiw

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Ol' Farnk got a bad case of the Bells Palsy I see.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
More proof that MVC2 was a happy accident.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

As someone who's sat through way too many proposals in this vein.....it's pretty par for the course. Chop off the backend and clean up the terminology a little bit and you'd have a video that's ready for public distribution. Although :lol: at all the images of guys like Hungrybox who aren't going to touch this game with a ten-foot pole.

What jumped out at me the most was all the money that they're spending for an estimated profit of just 625k, only 60% of which Capcom USA is keeping. I'm hoping that they're really keeping internal expectations low because this seems like an excessive amount of work for not nearly enough of a payoff. And if they're not and this game tanks like we all think it will, that profit margins shrinks and shrinks and shrinks.

Mr. Wiz throwing a hissy-fit on Twitter just seems like rear end-covering to a mouth-breathing fanbase. You don't need permission to use something on an internal doc that has no expectations of being released externally for attention/profit, and the better this game/tour does the more it benefits EVO. Saying "it doesn't represent their values" is just hogwash because it's all about getting people to play the game and spend money, which is absolutely their value. You don't book a loving arena to hold your event in out of the goodness of your own heart.

And this is par for the course nowdays. If you don't think that NRS/Tekken/Madden/LoL/etc... have the exact same priorities you're a fool. poo poo, I watched a LoL tournament this summer and mostly found myself counting how many different sponsorship opportunities were going unfulfilled. Someone's gonna figure out how to really crack the code and cash in on all this and make a fortune, it's just who and when.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zand posted:

also watching what used to be your cool grassroots community slowly be monetized, then repackaged and sold back to you is not fun for people and that's not an unreasonable sentiment

if old fgc is like interior Mexican cuisine, new fgc is like taco bell

more evidence that people should jump on the melee train imo

they've even had the wisdom to ban non-gamecube controllers to keep melee pure

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I like Hawkeye in a vacuum, but I do not like Cinematic Universe Hawkeye

What do you have against our fair Disney Princess?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fadam posted:

Would you guys be more interested in this game if it had a F2P model?

I'm not as down on it as most of the people in here, but I have next to no interest in spending close to a hundred bucks on a game that will probably have bad net code and a small player base.

Considering I've been saying since the drat thing was announced that all of their decisions would be justified if it was a F2P mobile release and the only reason it's what it is is everything needs to be eSports these days, I'd absolutely give it a shot if it was F2P. I can't speak as to how long I'd play for, but I'd give it a go as opposed to not giving a poo poo about the game in it's current form.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
buddy they won't even let me gently caress the flag

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

someone make goatse and send it to him

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

I have a review copy so I have to deal with embargo stuff, but I have to say that the post-credits scene in story mode is so delightfully ridiculous that if I spoiled it, you'd swear I was making it up.

ill spoil it it's the entire cast running a train on stan lee while he's locked in the shame cube and jack kirby laughs and laughs and laughs

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gologle posted:

It amazes me that there is a union for talking. America is a wonderful place.

The two unions no one can gently caress with are SAG and MLBPA. The real shame is that there's only two like that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I'm pretty sure that this game is basically trash

fyp

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

2017 Character Pack DLC characters now confirmed as Sigma, Black Panther, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Venom.

I'm really hoping that Black Widow is Jill with red hair and literally nothing else changed, even the spider boob gem and all. It'd be fitting for how low-rent this game is.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOM9qv4T5Qw

E-SPORTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"Each stone will let you change the rules of the tournament"

You mean they can decide to play a good game instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

The big guys don't do any more damage than anyone else. In fact, everyone does the same damage.

if everyone is the same (function) no one is broken

• Locked thread