Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this one actually has lighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lythero/status/874479994176753665

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pissdude posted:

it's standard fireball motion to do buster shot with X, and when you charge it you're locked into staying still for the duration of the charge. if you start charging it in the air and don't shoot by the time you land you just lose the charge completely and don't even shoot, you just return to neutral lol
i mean, it makes sense, x as a character was never defining by his mobility, especially in the air, while shooting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

as a member of The Community, i hope mvci does badly and capcom goes out of business so we're forced to embrace under night in birth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

have they said a drat thing about localizing recent versions

the most recent console version of uniel is the one they localized. latest was in arcades for like 70 years. it's coming out on consoles in july. we'll probably hear rumblings about localization here in a couple months.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

people thinking that "video games" is the battle worth fighting is the problem. you guys are literally video game activists.

defective human beings
don't sign your posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Is the same guy who literally made fun of new players trying to figure out mvc3 in the goonsgarden irc while drunk?

woah watch out baal, he might tell you to kill yourself if you say mass effect andromeda is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

andromeda was really bad to be fair, and was basically a company making GBS threads out a product half-finished because they knew it'd make money off the brand, even if it killed the ip. even if you liked the game you have to admit 'we'll put this out, get mediocre (for a triple A game) reviews, but then fix it in the sequel' isn't exactly good to the customers. that's what this is about when you get down to it, basically, people feeling cheated or hurt by corporations. you can say it's toys as much as you want but stuff like SFV's launch is basically just capcom going 'gently caress you, you'll buy it anyway,' and while obviously people can just not buy what capcom puts out in the future it's understandable that they'd have some resentment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think it's also annoyance that people and gaming journalism (lol) will give these massively flawed games tons of air time and decent reviews just because they're by a big developer and then barely acknowledge and toss 6/10s at stuff that's interesting and well-made but obscure. like if french bread or whoever had released a game in sfv's launch state it would have gotten 2/10s and been a public laughing stock.

and obviously review scores don't matter (except that companies clearly base decisions off of them), but it still kinda sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

this part. i started reading this and my eyes glazed over because i do not care about the objective quality of a video game
uh, grats? sfv launched without even an arcade mode. that isn't about objective quality, that's about charging 60 dollars for a game without even basic features. iunno why that's hard or somehow delusional or pathetic to think that maybe they should have delayed sfv a few months to put in basic stuff like an arcade mode instead of crapping it out because they knew people'd buy it anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont care if someone liked sfv or spent money on it and im not sure where you're getting the impression that i do? literally all i said was that the game probably should have had a few more months in development but capcom felt they could get away with just tossing it out there. i am not saying sfv is good or bad. i am not saying people who like sfv are good or bad. all i am saying is that capcom did something without much regard for the consumers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

(posting in a video game forum) having opinions on games is bad
*putting 450 hours into dragon age 3* caring about video games is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

how did it feel as you slammed 5.9 x 6.3 x 4.3 inches of plastic and metal into her face cams
and furthermore, what about when you beat her with the gamecube

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay, ignoring the gamecube thing, can i criticize you for saying we should kill all foreigners

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

They put Thanos (not bad old mvc game thanos) and Sigma into the same game and still managed to make me hate it.
mvc2 thanos owned for how lame all his moves are and going 'thanos reigns'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also thanos just going "Pray.' on switch-in is the most badass switch-in quote in fighting games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

yes and that more nuanced opinion is 3 pages of "i haven't played this game but it's poo poo and the people saying it's poo poo are lying."

i criticized that, then everyone came out with their rationalization for why criticizing that is in itself wrong. then i got personally attacked, then 3 people started talking about how i beat women.

there is nothing at all toxic about this community and the people in it are healthy individuals with perspective on life.
you have like 20 probations for telling people to kill themselves

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

wow that rap sheet is worse than MvCI
and has more free content

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Guaranteed he gets in trouble with Polygon and Kotaku.
not really because kotaku and polygon both ran articles about chun-li looking bad in mvci

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Very few competitive players maybe, but this certainly isn't true for the vast majority of people who are going to buy MvCI.
and also there are few people who run sub optimal teams out of love for a character but there are people who run one of the specific optimal teams because they like the character(s) in it more, compared to the other top tier teams.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would be ok with it if they just said they were not allowed, rather then trying to justify it.
it's probably just the line that marvel fed them to say, considering how butthurt marvel is about not getting to put wolverine in civil war or whatever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

logan is the 6th highest grossing movie of the year so far, worldwide

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ah, yes, casuals, know for their indepth knowledge and devotion towards certain movesets, instead of playing whoever their favorites are

seriously that might be the dumbest post ive ever seen. your average casual doesn't even know what a rekka is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, backup. did magneto even have a rekka?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wanderer posted:

Dunning-Kruger rears its ugly head again. Nice going, champ.

It's really not that hard to understand what Rosas was going for, although his phrasing was awful. If you picked a character in UMVC3 for a particular style of play that they represented, he's saying they tried to represent that style in the reshuffled cast, which is why Iron Man rushes poo poo down now, Cap has Taskmaster's counter, Rocket can summon Groot to cover about as much ground as Sentinel could, etc.

Players may have preexisting character loyalty, but if they stick with a game for a while, even if it's just for couch play or dorm match-ups or whatever, they'll pick up other characters who might play better, especially when it's a team-based game. There are a lot of casual players who couldn't give a poo poo about Magneto or Doom as characters, but they still find their way onto a lot of players' teams because they're easy to use and effective. Conversely, there's a good half of the cast where there's no reason to use them besides character loyalty (why pick Iron Man when Doom exists, unless you just happen to like Iron Man?), and a lot of those guys came back for the sequel, so the developers are trying to thread that needle.
i keep reading this post and i just keep hearing the 'duuhhhhhh' noise the goons in final fight make.

i dont think you understand who the 'casual' marvel players are.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I guarantee you don't. The entire objection here is rooted in an assumption: that a theoretical casual player of Marvel will stick with a character even when he or she kinda stinks, because they're buying the game specifically to play as that character, and that nobody ever branches out to the rest of the cast. That'd be a stupid assumption to make in a 1v1 game, let alone a team game.

The fact that Rosas even thought this was worth talking about at all suggests that he knows such is not the case. He's the community manager; he's the guy with the data. I guarantee you that for whatever mistakes he's made, he knows more about how his audience is playing the game than you do. That's half the reason why achievements/trophies exist, after all; it's a treasure trove of voluntarily-submitted gameplay data.
okay you're right, people don't know who the x-men are, that's why the most recent x-men movie made more money than several of the movies that are represented in this game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

cant you guys just let him win the argument so he stops posting
wow wanderer. you're very right, and you have the big cock function.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WOAHHHH

WOAHHHHHH

OH MY GODDDD

my man jedah

WOAHHHH

^
none of these peopel have ever played darkstalkers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

I've never played Demon's Crest but I hear it's based.

demon's crest is real good and is better than mvci probably will be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i doubt that they made the capcom characters weak but i absolutely believe that they intentionally made the marvel characters strong, after five-six years of a game where the only marvel characters that saw much competitive play were doom, phoenix, dormammu, and magneto, 3 of whom have film rights tied up in other companies and one of whom they aren't exactly pushing anytime soon, even if he was in the doctor strange movie. its just smart business to make sure every top player has at least one marvel character on their team. load up any umvc3 top 8 and half the teams wont have a single marvel character.

the only one of the avengers to appear in the top 64 of evo 2017 is freaking hawkeye, they definitely don't want a repeat of that

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 8, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats why melty is the only true fg left

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fellblade posted:

2. Just fuckin' divide it between them equally
please explain how you divide 14 into whole numbers three ways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

The problem with dividing it equally is that only one of the platforms is going to have any meaningful competition on it at all. All five smooth brains who bought it on Xbone would get an invite.

this is a really weird insult

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heres my point:

marvel vs capcom infinite bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Race Realists posted:

the MvCI Evo 2018 Finals will have literally hundreds of thousands of stream views

see you there! :-)

KOF XIV (Friday) – 32,760
Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 (Saturday) – 38,518
Injustice 2 (Saturday) – 45,557
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Saturday) – 128,121
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Sunday) – 84,952
BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Sunday) – 97,605
Tekken 7 (Sunday) – 145,657
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Sunday) – 143,008
Street Fighter V (Sunday) 179,072

i really doubt itll do much more than umvc3

like im not even saying this game will be some massive failure just when even the most popular game at last year's evo didnt get to 200k its weird to think that mvci will

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think ive seen more than five pro sfv matches so iunno why this game would be any different

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fellblade posted:

It's not about positive it's about engaging rather than circle jerking and dog piling.

I think it would be interesting to discuss things like how it's apparently a complete failure to make fighting games accessible for newcomers and is likely the complete opposite, maybe what they could have done differently without ruining it for high levels of play at the same time.

Plenty of other poo poo to talk about other than lolgamebadhurrr.

people have literally been talking about that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean its blatantly obvious that capcom is putting minimal effort in, look how much stuff is reused from umvc3, how terrible the game looks, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you all being so negative stifles discussion, and also anyone who has a negative opinion should shut up

• Locked thread