Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think so but I just can't go with 4 waifu!

Edit: so 85% of the roster is male. What was it in UMvC3? I don't truly care and I wouldn't be surprised because Capcom, but with the way these games are nowadays, shouldn't they think "we need to not only have 4 female characters?"

I'm so sorry to open this can of worms. It's curiosity at this point.

The entire Marvel side of the roster in UMvC3 had 4 female characters. 3 of them were X-Men characters.

Exactly how many non X-Men female Marvel characters are both interesting and recognizable enough to warrant a spot on the roster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

You do know that it is only the default roster, right?

Kamala Khan will prob be unlockable b/c she won't be important to the main story, which is what the default roster is based on.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

I feel like no one was really quibbling over the mass market appeal of Doc Strange, Rocket, Deadpool or Taskmaster when MvsC3 released. So arguing that a female character needs to be both "interesting" and "recognizable" to earn a spot on the roster just seems like dumb guy internet posting.

It's funny b/c Deadpool was chosen explicitly for his mass market appeal, and all of the Marvel characters added in UMvC3 were chosen by Capcom specifically BECAUSE they were characters that Capcom wanted to create due to the variety that their playstyles added to the game.

Which you would have known if you actually played the games and weren't just some SJW comic scrub here to poo poo up this topic.

DLC Inc posted:

lol there are no unlockable characters in games anymore.

Vanilla MvC3 had 4.
But yeah, I'd expect to be nickel-and-dimed for most of the characters this time around.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

I'm kinda shocked a little that Justin Wong is younger than me, but then again he was known as "the new kid" when MvC2 debuted....

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

So...the voice acting is bad, the writing even worse, the music lame, the characters look sterile, and the gameplay is basically a slowed down version of a game we've already been playing for 6 years.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

MvC3 most def did not have it.

I'm not really sure about MvC2, but I don't think it had full screen proximity blocking.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Overbite posted:

This is sweet. I was a big fan of marvel 2 and i didnt play much of 3 but in 2 my favorite team was Captain Commando, Dr Doom, and Juggernaut. Dr Doom is like the best character ever and juggernaut is cool and captain commando is like the capcom mascot and I'm hype to play them in this!

Did they bring Amingo back? he was a cool cactus!

Godwin's law in effect here, but go look at that roster list and prepare to be disappointed.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

With all that I've seen, I'm sure MvC:I will actually be a success b/c it's very fun in training mode and when BSing with friends, but as a tournament game much like SFxT it's going to get very ugly very quickly.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

The fact that they couldn't even pay for Laura Bailey this time is fairly good indicator of how much effort and cash was spent on developing this game.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Dishwasher posted:

Then I realize as an adult that the Repliforce were basically genocidal Nazis and Iris before her death was all "I always dreamed of a world where everything is dead except for "our" race. It'd be really good way to build our relationship! We could have emptied the planet for living space....together! :hitler:". Yeah, sad and all but you and your brother probably belong in the dust-bin of history along with others with those kind of harebrained schemes. And you just fought me as a boss! :fuckoff:

Repliforce were separatists, not genocidal.
They had no issue with humans other than the fact that were seen as unequal and subservient.

As proven by the fact of when they were framed for the destruction of Sky Lagoon (which was actually done by Sigma and a rogue Hunter), and ordered to surrender and disband without any evidence or due process.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Ghosthotel posted:

According to RayRay Meter gain seems to just be the same across the board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/908784914711052288

LOL Capcom has done it again.

They even found a way to homogenize Marvel, out of all games.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Impressions so far:

-Tutorial sucks really bad
-Menus and UI suck really bad
-Online shockingly good, probably the best Capcom has ever done outside of old game re-releases
-Arthur seems a lot better, still not sure if he can actually hang with good characters
-Zero is very much still a problem

All correct 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

cams posted:

also, while not important for people who just wanna have fun, but tournament ruleset (as of now) is no auto combo, no auto super jump, no easy hyper combo.

Who has determined that?

Auto combo and auto super jump are bad all around, but easy hyper combo is actually very practical and existed in MvC2 and MvC3, so I don't see a reason to ban it.

• Locked thread