Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

They aren't hard to make your character do what you want them to though. You press Mortal Strike, your warrior uses Mortal Strike and you either wait the second-and-change to press another button or use an off-gcd skill sometimes. I mean like Zand says sometimes fighting games aren't that hard on a basic level either (in terms of doing a special motion) but it takes a heck of a lot more time to commit a decent hit confirm -> combo to muscle memory than it does even more complex DPS rotations in WoW or buy orders in LoL. Those games, at least up to an intermediate level, have their difficulty in knowledge and hey nerds are pretty decent at memorizing a guide they saw on reddit on their lunch break compared to remembering the timing of a basic link.

Doing your rotation properly while dodging fire and dealing with boss mechanics is harder than doing a simple confirm imo, but I am terrible at multi-tasking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think so but I just can't go with 4 waifu!

Edit: so 85% of the roster is male. What was it in UMvC3? I don't truly care and I wouldn't be surprised because Capcom, but with the way these games are nowadays, shouldn't they think "we need to not only have 4 female characters?"

I'm so sorry to open this can of worms. It's curiosity at this point.

13/50, 9/25 for Capcom and 4/25 for Marvel.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Shiki Dan posted:

The entire Marvel side of the roster in UMvC3 had 4 female characters. 3 of them were X-Men characters.

Exactly how many non X-Men female Marvel characters are both interesting and recognizable enough to warrant a spot on the roster?

Drop Hulk, add She-Hulk

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Poor cams, SFV broke his brain :(

• Locked thread