Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Hey everyone I have exclusive info I can't talk about right now but they're totally legit you guys you'll see in a few days when everyone has forgotten these posts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

InnercityGriot posted:

This guy is a known leaker, all his previous info has been right, this isnt some," my uncle works at Nintendo" poo poo". When the gently caress is revelator coming out, I can't do this poo poo with Capcom anymore.

Then maybe he shouldn't sit on things.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't tell who's posting more badly so let's change subject

Who do you wanna see in this game? My for serious wants are Black Panther and Vile

No X-Men.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not really an in depth fighting game style person. I understand and sympathize with the concerns people have here.

But there is nothing that will stop me from playing the first game with a playable Mega Man X in it for the first time in ten years.

I'm sure it'll be fine as far as what I want to get out of it goes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay? I guess that's unfortunate.

But I'm also a man dying of thirst re: one of his favorite video game characters of all time so

My priorities are different.

Captain Baal posted:

Lol this is exactly why he was the first character they revealed

I'm pretty sure I'd have this stance if he were 1st or if he were 13th or whatever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not really seeing anything that doesn't feel X-like.

I guess I'm part of the problem. I'm willing to admit that I'm not looking at it with much depth as a fighting game fan here. But as an X fan I don't really see anything I have a problem with.

Like I said, I respect why you guys are taking issue with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Re: the voice acting for X, I... don't really think it's that bad? Especially compared to the voice they gave him in X4 and Mark "I AM ALWAYS YELLING" Gatha.

He's no Takahiro Sakurai but he's the best english VA X has ever had.

Also X1 is where most of the iconic stuff about X comes from, so again, I don't really see much issue there. The most notable stuff for him from other games is the Ultimate Armor, and he has that here. Everything else isn't really as memorable or iconic, to be honest.

There's a reason why most tie-in stuff goes for X as he appears in X1, really. MVCI is hardly unique in that regard.

• Locked thread