Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

comedy option: crappy Mega Man Zero version of Zero like in SVC Chaos :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WutangSavesXmas posted:

I'm the only human who wants Amingo and Anakaris in this game.

The gameplay video looked way better than I thought it was gonna be. I wonder what the game will be like once it's "figured out"

As a yung'n I always loved playing gimmicky characters so :yeah: also Shuma-Gorath pls

I'd also love to see an ultimate troll when the true final boss is Cyber Akuma

e: bring back orange Venom too

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 26, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

all of these are boring opinions

:getout:

I was with you until the SF4 thing, SFIII 3rd Strike was the pinnacle of the SF series

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zand posted:

this is why I try not to venture out of the main fg thread

when boring 3s is now widely considered the pinnacle of the sf series it's not surprising we're getting games like this poo poo from capcom

I'm not really a fighting games pro but I had a lot of fun with SF3 and so did my friends, sorry if my opinion on a genre I don't excel at is somehow responsible for MvC:I potentially being bad I guess :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zand posted:

it's nothing against you, it's capcoms fault for failing completely at making a game both good and also appealing for everyone, since like sf2. other companies don't seem to have nearly the struggle that capcom has with this.

I mean SF3, MvC2 and MvC3 were all fun as hell for my casual self and friends, and all 3 have/had very active competitive scenes. MvC3 is accessible as hell to newbies and still appears to be played competitively. I'm not sure what the issue is, TBH?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zand posted:

played competitively doesn't mean good or cool or not boring, or the nebulous "thing that I personally like".. I mean world of tanks is huge for example and there are lots of mobage tournaments

the main issue for most fg design from capcom seems to stem from them running away from negative public perception of their games and running towards what they think people want. the common perception of mvc2 (which is hugely wrong) strongly influenced design level decisions about mvc3 for example. the same can be said for this game and that's scary imo

you can see the influence of not really 3s, but what people (bads) think about 3s, in games like sfv, and it's that characters get boring superficial things like neutered parries because daigo tricked people into thinking tapping forward rhythmically is the coolest and best thing you can do in an fg. there are other decisions like this for sfv like hacked together fixes because option select became a dirty word from sf4.

a lot of stuff in this game sounds like design decisions written by YouTube and kotaku commenters. capcom seems to be trying to make a game for them, but I think there's a chance they could gently caress up and make a cool game on accident instead of the bad game they are trying for

You're basically saying that other peoples' opinions are responsible for the way these ganes are developing, but those peoples' opinions are wrong because they're "bads." So casual players' opinions are automatically bad/wrong? But you also say that an active competitive scene also is not an indicator of a good game. So if casuals' opinions can't be trusted as far as future game design, and competitive players' opinions aren't indicative of a good game, then what exactly are you looking for?

e: also that Daigo parry video is pretty sweet, I'm not sure why good parry timing is a bad thing to highlight for people :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zand posted:

you should try reading it again, it and all of my posts are fantastic

sorry but if cabbagepots agrees with your posting that automatically means it's poo poo

no offense, I didn't make the rules here I swear

• Locked thread