Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Roster size won't matter that much when/if the gameplay is bland and dumb. (See also: SFxT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
who

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Megaman canon is for nerds.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

boy are my arms tired posted:

tatsunoko owned, bring it back capcom

I found him boys, the guy who thinks TvC is a good game.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

e: also LoL and WoW specifically have pve elements (or are almost entirely pve) and people like that.

fadam posted:

I think if you have enough stuff to keep casual players interested like story mode, challenge mode, etc. you can basically do whatever you want with your competitive modes and still be successful.

^^

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Arzachel posted:

Doing your rotation properly while dodging fire and dealing with boss mechanics is harder than doing a simple confirm imo, but I am terrible at multi-tasking.

They're different kinds of "skill," so the comparison is harder. But I would say that working your way up to boss raids in WoW is a natural progression, where your character is slowly acquiring new skills along the way and you get lots of chances to incorporate them into your strategy against braindead monsters. Dropping someone who's brand new to WoW on a fully leveled character and sending them on a raid would absolutely be overwhelming, and they'd be god-awful.

Fighting games kind of do that latter part, except that using your skills isn't a matter of hitting a key; it comes with its own substantial execution barrier.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Get a load of this nerd, gang! Buncha words about core communities and competitive video games and poo poo, lol what a geek

Anyway fellas, any word on if I can finally be the Punisher??

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

what wacky twist will he include that ruins the gameplay

No one has HP but the first to build 5 meters wins

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Actually that's basically how Sony All Stars worked anyway.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

Like I know it's spin and poo poo, but I feel at some point logic would dictate "Oh hey, X-Men has a large fanbase, we will make more money with X-Men characters in our game!" instead of "We don't want X-Men in our game because they're not our movies so make up an excuse that isn't that" is a better approach to take, but I'm also not the guys making 1.4 Billion dollars off of one movie, so clearly I'm in the wrong here.

It's part of a long-term strategy to shift focus in the movies to a new set of characters, probably based on the assumption that general audiences will only stay interested in stories about the same group of X-Men for so long, and the MCU franchises will ultimately stay healthier longer if stuff like Guardians keeps getting introduced while older characters are retired.

Probably underrating the extent to which people give a poo poo about the 90s X-Men characters, but GOTG and Dr. Strange and stuff seem to be doing fine anyway.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
where's f(sentinel)=

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bleck posted:

good riddance, imo

:frogout:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Honestly, as bad as it was, the cross platform play in SFV was one of the few cool things about that game. Ditching it entirely and making their online qualification contest way more complicated than it has to be is peak capcom.

It only had crossplay because it was only on PS4 and PC. If a game comes out on PS4 and Xbox it becomes essentially impossible to do (Sony and Microsoft have no interest in trying to make their networks compatible with each other, and you're not gonna just pick one console to favor for crossplay and expect that to be cool with the other). It's not like they just forgot or thought no one cared.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

pissdude posted:

really though im looking forward to playing mvci bc fresh fgs are fun even though its going to be a dumpster fire, and its marvel so w/e

Same but this might be the first time I can remember that I'm leaning more toward "wait for a sale" for a Marvel game. I have a really hard time justifying $60 for what they made.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My brain thought it was Nina at first, and I actually played Jill in MvC3.

Kurtofan posted:

bring back jill from mvc2

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this forever tho

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The dumb poo poo in MvCI is prob gonna be way less interesting than the dumb poo poo in MvC3 (which was already way way less interesting than the dumb poo poo in MvC2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bleck posted:

I mean on the one hand I don't doubt it, on the other hand that's some heavy artifacting on a png in the year of our lord 2017

For some reason, the internet has decided that compression artifacts make memes funnier. If anyone ever makes a good tweet, there is a 100% chance you'll eventually get to see it again as a hypercompressed jpg screenshot of the tweet as plain text with no attribution.

• Locked thread