Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have a review copy so I have to deal with embargo stuff, but I have to say that the post-credits scene in story mode is so delightfully ridiculous that if I spoiled it, you'd swear I was making it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

how far up your list of Fighting Game Endings does it rank?

Don't be silly, that list was for arcade mode endings, not story mode. Hmph!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Was it fun?

I'll get back to you on Monday.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Asked about story mode about a week ago...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Was it fun?

The game's story mode is actually very well done, albeit short. Way better than what SF5 did and easily on Netherrealm's level. As long as you can get past all of Capcom's stuff taking place in the same world at the same time, it's a genuinely fun story that would make for a decent event comic. They toss in some unique challenges, characters interact in fun ways, few of the fights feel completely contrived, it doesn't go for the easy "one villain has all the Infinity Stones" plot and it's even told well. While the stuff from the demo is the weakest part, it's still cool that they dive months into the story to get all the needless introductory stuff out of the way. Not that there isn't a flashback to explain how all this happened, but that's like 3/4 in.

The whole hybrid reality gimmick is pretty neat too. Haggar's the mayor of New Metro City, Tony Stark shares a lab with the hologram Dr. Light, Monster Hunter is Black Panther's bodyguard in Valkanda, MODOK runs AIMbrella, etc.

So while I think the story mode is really good overall, the post-credits is still hilariously dumb. Thanos tries to destroy Death (for cheating on him with Jedah) by creating the Satsui no Hado Gauntlet and the last shot is him throwing a Hadoken at her. It needs to be an avatar.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly I am more annoyed by Sgima being locked behind it. As Sigma is one of the main villains of this piece. Question Gavok do you actually fight normal Sigma during the story mode.

Nope. He shows up in two scenes but doesn't fight. It sticks out like a sore thumb in arcade mode when you'd fight Ultron and Strider followed by Ultron Sigma followed by Ultron Sigma's final form.

No arcade endings, by the way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CubsWoo posted:

Um he got that part for Tony

I like that scene because in-between Tony offering to give Spencer a better arm and Spencer turning him down, there's a moment of hesitation like he's thinking, "Should I tell him that my robot arm is actually my wife? No, that's stupid and I'll never hear the end of it."

• Locked thread