Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
At least the game will be better than the posting itt.

marginally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The problem with making fighting games easier is it's impossible to reach the desired effect without severely reducing the granularity of skill levels in a very negative way. Not to mention it's just straight up impossible to achieve the effect desired by most people who parrot the "fighting games are hard" talking points without just making a different genre of game entirely.

It's made pretty obvious by SF5. They didn't make it any easier for a new/bad player to beat your average online warrior, but they did make it a hell of a lot easier for intermediate players to beat high levels.

Race Realists posted:

hey Cabbagepots tell your partner in crime to shut the gently caress up already

That is Cabbagepots but also you should just not post about them.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i liked the video where the random online alex player full parried chun super and u can hear his buttons and hes just literally mashing them furiously with no timing and then he gets really hype

that's sf5

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i imagine cams made that same post but with "millions" at first then looked up sf5 sales numbers and instead of coming to a stark realization that they undermine his entire argument changed it to Hundreds of Thousands.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Which you would have known if you actually played the games and weren't just some SJW comic scrub here to poo poo up this topic.

lmao calm down

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

That's absolute bullshit because Capcom can't even finish one character a month in SF5 and all of those are Generic Blonde Person with moves stolen from various other characters in Capcom games.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

How hard can one person blatantly shill

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i would be disappointed if this game was good and we were stuck w/race realists as the OP but instead it's entirely fitting

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Max doesn't have to shill beyond "pretending to be hype to entertain his teenage audience," fighting game devs will give him whatever he wants because he's the biggest fighting game centric internet personality there is.

He's literally more trustworthy than any Top Player who has been featured on ESL.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Fellblade posted:

Like Justin totally needs Capcom to invite him to E3 or he will become irrelevant.

Justin making money relies on Capcom succeeding, this isn't very hard.

Like if you think Capcom fighting games keep flopping and they shut down the Pro Tour and stop pumping money into tournaments and invitationals, Justin will remain sponsored and keep his sham job at Nvidia?

Meanwhile Max can scream over any fighting game, new or old or even just start playing different games entirely and he will get 10k viewers and make tens of thousands a month off ads and donations and subscribers.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Also to be fair I think Justin is probably the least likely of them to be a shill and is probably actually genuinely enthusiastic about the game,

He's the guy who still thinks wrestling is real and John Cena is his actual hero.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

that's the problem when the developer of a game becomes intertwined within the community of the game, those on top of the community who stand to lose the most can weaponize the threat of its destruction if the developer doesn't do well.

it doesn't matter if the game is bad, don't criticize it and buy it anyway because we're All the FGC and Your Community could be hurt if it doesn't do well. you wouldn't want to hurt your fellow Fighting Game Community members, would you?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cams posted:

for real the internet was a mistake and has completely broken a generation of boys

yeah it's pretty sad that the internet has convinced people that corporations are their friend and Brands Are Engaging With Me In Good Will

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

nationalize fighting game development

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The Right Honourable the Lord Spiritual and Temporal of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Public Relations appointed for the consideration of all matters relating to Function, Peter Rosas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

am i too late to post this

• Locked thread