Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm an officer....of the law :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm an officer....of the law :smuggo:

Warrant, we only keep you around because it's beneath us to throw people people out with our own hands. You can talk to us when you're a Rad LT like Beanie.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I kind of miss being paid a lot of money to basically do nothing.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Bob A Feet posted:

I get paid to fly almost zero hours a month.

Welcome to USMC aviation

I'm getting $650/mo flight pay. I haven't flown since early 2015.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Fister Roboto posted:

I kind of miss being paid a lot of money to basically do nothing.

Get civilian job with the feds!

Oh wait. That stopped working last month. :saddowns:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Let's all discuss the best AGARs we've had to write:

I once had a Joe break his ankle playing basketball (he lied to me and said he tripped on a rock while avoiding a puddle, but he was too stupid to get mad at and punish so I let it slide). The battalion safety officer demanded that I file an AGAR despite there not actually being an accident.

For the cause of the accident, I listed "Gravity" and refused to change it when he protested. He briefed the battalion commander, who cracked up laughing during the CUB and then called me on my Roshan phone to tell me to fix it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Hey I'm doing staff duty from my bedroom this weekend cover me if the S3 comes in thanks

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Six year contract, you're enlisted as gently caress

Still better than an officier

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

ElMaligno posted:

Gtfo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ElMaligno posted:

Tell that to my LES.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

ElMaligno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U43Ate3Itjs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Staff officers have the sharpest skates

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
some nasty army enlisted changed my custom title. hey gently caress stick 1sg aint an abbreviation for a rank in the marine corps.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I enlisted with a 3.5 year contract and get to spend 3 of those 3.5 years as an officer so imho OCS contract is the best contract

West Pointers and ROTC dudes owe the Army like 5 years or something dumb like that

West Pointers are even worse off because they didn't get a real college experience

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

I enlisted with a 3.5 year contract and get to spend 3 of those 3.5 years as an officer so imho OCS contract is the best contract

West Pointers and ROTC dudes owe the Army like 5 years or something dumb like that

West Pointers are even worse off because they didn't get a real college experience

And yet you're the only one posting in here who's still in the Army.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
The Marines have started offering continuation to pilot O-3s that have been twice passed for Major because all our pilots keep leaving to make more money and not hate life on the outside apparently.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My license says "officer" on it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

My license says "officer" on it

:frogout:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Enlisted babykillers are still enlisted, raus

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

overdesigned posted:

The Marines have started offering continuation to pilot O-3s that have been twice passed for Major because all our pilots keep leaving to make more money and not hate life on the outside apparently.

yeah we had a jopa meeting on this and agreed its loving retarded and anybody who accepts it is an idiot. you're literally asking for an unaccompanied ia to Bahrain or some stupid usmc bullshit like that

hey can we make this thread jopa only? we don't need no drat majors in here

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

e: poo poo officers don't get STDs.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Bob A Feet posted:

yeah we had a jopa meeting on this and agreed its loving retarded and anybody who accepts it is an idiot. you're literally asking for an unaccompanied ia to Bahrain or some stupid usmc bullshit like that

hey can we make this thread jopa only? we don't need no drat majors in here

I would take it if I were at the end of my 8yrs and needed continuation only because I'd be at 17 years overall and if taking an unaccompanied IA to Bahrain is what it takes to get free money until I die, then that's what it loving takes.

but yeah for anyone else it's dumb

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
So what's everyone's favorite cashmere sweater to wear when the CO has you over for dinner?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wear Orvis. Let's him know that I'm classy, but I also hunt.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Birthday sweater.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I wear a tuxedo t-shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hey you guys make sure you sign out a cot to sleep in the armory tonight, I'm gonna probably not be at morning formation since I got ski lessons at Breckenridge tomorrow so PSG is in charge

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This thread sucks and I'm a civilian so you can ram your sir up your officer b-hole

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shut up Peasant

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Nope, being a civilian owns.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

This thread sucks and I'm a civilian so you can ram your sir up your officer b-hole

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

I'll be working from my stateroom during this underway. Email me if you need anything

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

TBeats posted:

Quit lowering my property value.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

TBeats posted:

Quotin' dis and scratchin' my prior-enlisted beard.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Even though being a PL is awesome there is some stuff about being a staff officer that I miss.

I could not show up to PT and people would either not notice or just be like "he must have something important to do"

Working in S3 is probably the worst staff shop to work in though

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zeris posted:

So what's everyone's favorite cashmere sweater to wear when the CO has you over for dinner?

Assuming you are unmarried, the CO is married and has three daughters in the house, one (22) in college, and two in high school (18 and 15) how many calling cards do you leave?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

joat mon posted:

Assuming you are unmarried, the CO is married and has three daughters in the house, one (22) in college, and two in high school (18 and 15) how many calling cards do you leave?
Depends on how much longer you'll be at that duty station.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do I assume that I will later be the CIA director?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Gentlemen, I'm PCSing this summer and facing the usual challenge of buying real estate in an area devoid of plebians. This is a particularly difficult instance as there seem to be no gated communities and the HOAs don't specify on their websites.

Please pray for me in your predominantly white Protestant churches. LDS is okay as long as you're wealthy.

• Locked thread