Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

brigador campaign mode. games real badass, basically a new mechwarrior or w/e with a million possible builds, super good fr short chunk gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Happy Ending

Pretty great game, overall I liked it better than its predecessor. That final dungeon was terrible though. At least the incredibly hard final boss made up for it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2.2) The Legend of Zelda (Swordless)

I feel like a Zelda 1 god now. I think it's time to start my marathon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

:yeah:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Evil Eagle posted:

Th-the power--! :stare:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Congrats

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Holy poo poo! Congratulations!

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Beaten Borderlands 2 with an IRL friend recently. Onwards to Pre-Sequel!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

2. Nuclear Throne

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't really play many games these days but i just finished witcher 3 on the easiest setting.

in general i thought it was an incredible single player experience with a frankly insane amount of poo poo to do.

the main gripe i had with it was the amount of characters that had established relationships with the protagonists from the previous two games and to someone who hasn't played them i found it kind of baffling. especially the main love interest who i hosed on top of a unicorn accidentally who i absolutely hated at the start of the game and genuinely despised by the end.

two thumbs up.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had to give Shantae: The Pirate's Curse. Kept crashing after the 2nd boss. I did beat Deadbolt though. If you liked Gunpoint I think you would like it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i don't really play many games these days but i just finished witcher 3 on the easiest setting.

in general i thought it was an incredible single player experience with a frankly insane amount of poo poo to do.

the main gripe i had with it was the amount of characters that had established relationships with the protagonists from the previous two games and to someone who hasn't played them i found it kind of baffling. especially the main love interest who i hosed on top of a unicorn accidentally who i absolutely hated at the start of the game and genuinely despised by the end.

two thumbs up.

i just watched ive never seen a rocky movie before but i heard good things about 2, anyway i dont get why im supposed to care about this apollo creed guy so much? and whats the deal with adrian?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

trying to jack off posted:

i just watched ive never seen a rocky movie before but i heard good things about 2, anyway i dont get why im supposed to care about this apollo creed guy so much? and whats the deal with adrian?

agreed. good movie though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna miss the miiverse...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love Miiverse.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think the vast majority of The Witcher 3 references the book series instead of the previous games. I read a plot summary of previous games to try and figure out what was going on and it didn't really explain anything. Then I started reading the books and everything fell into place.

The codex explains everything you need to know anyway.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think the vast majority of The Witcher 3 references the book series instead of the previous games. I read a plot summary of previous games to try and figure out what was going on and it didn't really explain anything. Then I started reading the books and everything fell into place.

The codex explains everything you need to know anyway.

Yeah, I love it - even now when I'm reaching the end of the recently-translated book the Tower of the Swallow I'm encountering heaps of little details W3 references. So good; even little details like Skellige geography that's mentioned in the book is in the game, as well as details about Toussaint (and Est Est wines - I loved the bit where they described the year Emhyr was born as "a fantastic year for wine...not for anyone else though" after drinking a glass, as I remember that the same line was used in the game at one point) being faithfully recreated in the game. Just amazes me how much effort they put into it; making the game as faithful a recreation as possible.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BipolarAurora posted:

Beaten Borderlands 2 with an IRL friend recently. Onwards to Pre-Sequel!

i'm playing through it atm. it's fun. not as solid as 2, but fun.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, I love it - even now when I'm reaching the end of the recently-translated book the Tower of the Swallow I'm encountering heaps of little details W3 references. So good; even little details like Skellige geography that's mentioned in the book is in the game, as well as details about Toussaint (and Est Est wines - I loved the bit where they described the year Emhyr was born as "a fantastic year for wine...not for anyone else though" after drinking a glass, as I remember that the same line was used in the game at one point) being faithfully recreated in the game. Just amazes me how much effort they put into it; making the game as faithful a recreation as possible.

it's cool that they put love and care into being faithful to source material

it's not cool that i have to read a book in order to get context for things happening in a game

i wish that they added in a new major character or two that both fans of the source material and new guys could experience together for the first time instead of literally every major interaction hinging on things said or done in the past that i have no idea about but considering the amount of fun i had playing this game it really is a petty gripe. sorry for the derail.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

it's not cool that i have to read a book in order to get context for things happening in a game

You dont have to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat SHantae: Half Genie Hero (any%) in 1:23.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

it's cool that they put love and care into being faithful to source material

i wish that they added in a new major character or two that both fans of the source material and new guys could experience together for the first time instead of literally every major interaction hinging on things said or done in the past that i have no idea about but considering the amount of fun i had playing this game it really is a petty gripe. sorry for the derail.

I dunno, I do get what you mean (especially with regards to Regis, who's re-introduction was a serious ":aaaaa: WTF HOW HAVE YOU BEEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS" moment for me like it was for Geralt), but I think they did a decent job of making the games accessible to newbies to the series, overall. I mean sure you won't get all the little references etc, but you'll get the gist of what's going on in terms of the grand scheme of things, etc. pretty quickly.
(Although are you coming straight into TW3, or have you played the previous Witcher games? Since I feel that the way they started the series with TW1 was quite good, as Geralt had amnesia and effectively had to learn about the goings-on of the world a second time, which would've been a huge help to people unfamiliar with the books)

Urgh, after reading through the books and talking about it, I'm really starting to want to play through it all again, now....And now after Regis' return I just want Cahir to somehow return from the dead too, dammit. :(

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Orcs must Die 2 (Co op campaign)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo 3: ODST. My least favorite Halo. Not bad but not particularly good. Whoever decided that what Halo needed was Nathan Fillion making epic Jess Whedon quips should be shot. Excited to move on to reach.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ratchet & Clank (2016) solid fun gameplay, looks great, does anyone know if they're gonna do more remakes?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm gonna miss the miiverse...

Wormskull posted:

I love Miiverse.

Same. It's my favorite social media platform and it really should be on the Switch...

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Evoland 2 100%

It's less the tribute to gaming the first was and way more "hey look at all these old gaming things and pop culture references you recognize!"

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Evoland 2 100%

It's less the tribute to gaming the first was and way more "hey look at all these old gaming things and pop culture references you recognize!"

Yea, but the homages are a lot less half hearted, which translates to an easier to play game.

Soral
May 30, 2009

shantae (gbc) and shantae: risky's revenge DX

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1. Frog Fractions 1

yeah bit behind the curve on this one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Picross 3D: Round 2

saw credits, all puzzles on hard with 0 errors. 11 more books opened up after i saw the credit tho lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Picross 3D: Round 2

saw credits, all puzzles on hard with 0 errors. 11 more books opened up after i saw the credit tho lol

that part was hosed up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

that part was hosed up

11 was a bit much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

11 was a bit much

the post credit books are pretty much wall to wall 15+ minute puzzles so it kinda burned me out on the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Picross 3D 2 is not for the faint of heart

• Locked thread