Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

2017 list:
1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza

Yakuza is rad. The sound track is based and the story and voice work were a lot better than I expected. I want to get in shape so I can get a bad rear end Yakuza back tattoo like Kazuma Kiryu. I'd like to preorder Yakuza 0 but PSN is being lovely and won't accept my credit card or Paypal.

Next up is Nier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fadam posted:

2017 list:
1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza

Yakuza is rad. The sound track is based and the story and voice work were a lot better than I expected. I want to get in shape so I can get a bad rear end Yakuza back tattoo like Kazuma Kiryu. I'd like to preorder Yakuza 0 but PSN is being lovely and won't accept my credit card or Paypal.

Next up is Nier.

I've had that happen with PSN before and just bought PSN credit codes on Amazon . there's no extra tax or anything and they email the codes to you instantly . something's really weird about however they handle credit cards on PSN

Soral
May 30, 2009

resident evil 6

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo: Reach. I've found that my opinions on most of the Halo games have changed a lot in this Halo marathon from when I first played each one. But this one stayed constant: I always thought Reach was the best, and it's certainly my favorite of what I've played so far. It was a fitting farewell to the series from Bungie.

With that, I've beaten all the Bungie Halos. Onto the 343i ones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Onto the 343i ones.

There's still time...you can save yourself...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

There's still time...you can save yourself...

I made a solemn gamer vow to beat every Halo this year.

Besides I remember thinking Halo 4 was pretty good. Of course at the time I hadn't played it immediately after playing the Bungie games so we'll see how that holds up. I'm a little burned out on Halo atm and post-Reach seems like a good place to take a breather though so I think I'll hold off for a bit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I marathoned Halo last January- t'was excellent.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
S7 in 9:10:58, orange line

My fastest time :D but grade takes precedence in the rankings so not a new record. My current best is S9 in 9:12:00 with an orange line (meaning credit roll was cleared).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

My fastest time :D but grade takes precedence in the rankings so not a new record. My current best is S9 in 9:12:00 with an orange line (meaning credit roll was cleared).

wau

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Nice... Tetris Grandmasters are always impressive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

We are posting in the presence of a grandmaster :worship:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

wow

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
smt iv apocalypse, i went with dagda. but i'll be replaying it pretty much straight away to get the other endings. really really good game, though its not quite as good as smt iv

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it feels like it was written by different people to smt iv. sort of like how dds2 had a completely different tone to dds1

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I beat FF15 in 2017 and the ending s way better than every other part of the story of that game
Feels like they made the ending then worked backwards

Also the game is still fun in open world stuff anway

I.N.R.I posted:

it feels like it was written by different people to smt iv. sort of like how dds2 had a completely different tone to dds1

SMT4A is weird because it feels like both routes are kind of happy endings and the canon one it pushes you towards is the happier one with friendship and stuff. Not metal

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

smt iv apocalypse, i went with dagda. but i'll be replaying it pretty much straight away to get the other endings. really really good game, though its not quite as good as smt iv

its better in everyway than smt iv what the fugg

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bravely Second (Hard)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i dont agree, the side quests arent as interesting and theres way less of them and hardly any quest chains, its easier although i havent tried apocalypse mode yet, and theres only really 2 proper dungeons (camp ichigaya + the universe [which pwns]). mechanically its better though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont agree, the side quests arent as interesting and theres way less of them and hardly any quest chains, its easier although i havent tried apocalypse mode yet, and theres only really 2 proper dungeons (camp ichigaya + the universe [which pwns]). mechanically its better though

I dont really care about the quest chains as long as they get beemed 2 u. idk about difficulty almighty was way more strong in 4 and i remember like 1/2 the game being spamming meggido at infinite trash mobs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's a post about a game beating me. A team of bots beat me, skylark, Hormel Chili, Bob, and a pubbie in a Counter Strike game mode last night.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Here's a post about a game beating me. A team of bots beat me, skylark, Hormel Chili, Bob, and a pubbie in a Counter Strike game mode last night.

That's pathetic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Might be time to lay off the drink.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Halo: Reach. I've found that my opinions on most of the Halo games have changed a lot in this Halo marathon from when I first played each one. But this one stayed constant: I always thought Reach was the best, and it's certainly my favorite of what I've played so far. It was a fitting farewell to the series from Bungie.

With that, I've beaten all the Bungie Halos. Onto the 343i ones.

I was gonna warn you that Reach has been broken on backwards compatibility for a while with a busted framerate & stuff but I looked it up and apparently they fixed that in october so now im gonna play Reach too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

i could feel that coming in the air tonight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

badum badum badum badumbumbum ch ch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HORMELCHILI posted:

i could feel that coming in the air tonight

HORMELCHILI posted:

badum badum badum badumbumbum ch ch

HORMELCHILI posted:

i can feel it coming the air tonight

HORMELCHILI posted:

badum badum badum badumbadum ch ch

:crossarms:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

I was gonna warn you that Reach has been broken on backwards compatibility for a while with a busted framerate & stuff but I looked it up and apparently they fixed that in october so now im gonna play Reach too

The frame rate's still kinda busted on the first level which got me all nervous but it's perfect afterwards.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finished Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Shovel Knight's campaign) and am now starting on Plague Knight's campaign.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i "beat" The Silent Age. i t was only a few hours long but kinda boring

Soral
May 30, 2009

shantae and the pirate's curse

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

2. Chrono Trigger

I'm not sure when I first played this, but it must have been over ten years ago. I've never finished it before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight Campaign). Im gonna hold off on Plague Knight until we get closer to the spectre knight release.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Contra (NES)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3? maybe) The Legend of Zelda Randomized (Chaos Mode seed 424492663455)

This randomizer is great if you love Zelda 1 like I do. There are so many different options and man is it fun to play through a Zelda 1 that has randomized dungeons.

https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i was on track to get ss on yotta difficult in dustforce then did a triple death, 3 quick ones, and got an sc and 1 second behind my best time w/ a sb score :negative: so i guess i didn't beat it

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

On this month's games I've beaten list:
1. AM2R
2. Borderlands 2/TPS
3. Halo CE (The Silent Cartographer: Evolved mod)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Picross 3d round 2: All rainbow gems.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gravity Rush 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.1) Zelda 1 randomized again. Thanks to the one guy who watched the whole thing.

E: lol portions of this recording have been muted due to copyrighted content. really twitch, the Zelda 1 music? oh well it was mostly just keyboard sounds, didn't realize that they were coming through the whole time.
https://www.twitch.tv/evileagle/v/11736584

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 26, 2017

• Locked thread