Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

soma. ggood writing nd atmosphere, not as scary as I thoght but still cool. bought yakuza 0 today so tht next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Rhythm Thief and Emperors Treasure. Fun game, I liked the Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo segments best, but it made me wish I had those games on the 3ds.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I beat Samorost 2. I like Amanita Design.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.2) Zelda 1 Randomized Insanity mode. It's where any enemy can drop any item and it's as nonsense as it sounds.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo 4. Didn't like it as much now that I'm fresh off the Bungie games as I did in 2012, but it was still pretty good. The actual shooting mechanics were great and I like the new Forerunner weapons a lot but the level design and stuff wasn't too hot and there aren't really any cool iconic scenes like the other games had. And I think I finally pinpointed what it is about the story I couldn't get into--actually having a distinct, singular enemy makes the whole game feel less epic than the other games where you were one man against these vast, faceless hordes. It's just another game where you stop the bad guy and his henchmen. Like the other games had the Prophet of Truth and the Gravemind and stuff but it always felt like they represented their faction, rather than vice versa. I have no idea if I'm making any sense right now.

I'm going to run through the Spartan Ops story and then start on Halo 5 for the first time.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Beat Doom today. What a good loving game. I hope FPSs take a cue from this and go back to being fast-paced like they were in the 90s.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

Beat Doom today. What a good loving game. I hope FPSs take a cue from this and go back to being fast-paced like they were in the 90s.

The new one? It's good, I need to get back to it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Beat Age of Decadence as a charismatic merchant. Maxed or near-maxed persuasion, streetsmarts and lore pretty early, later leveled up crafting, alchemy and lockpicking to get some of the endgame stuff. I didn't do combat at all through the entire game.

I tried playing a soldier type character for my next playthrough and it's a lot more tedious imo. You can pass skill checks to skip combat in almost every encounter, but there's some luck involved in actual combat so you end up quicksaving and save scumming a lot just to beat certain fights.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Titanfall 2 had a pretty good campaign this year too if you want to check out another fast paced modern shooter

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, platinum trophy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

no they will not posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, platinum trophy

I heard this was really bad ...... did you have fun? I'm only a few eps into Jojo so even though I love it so far a lot of fanservice would probably be lost on me. It definitely makes me want to play video games when i watch it though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I heard this was really bad ...... did you have fun? I'm only a few eps into Jojo so even though I love it so far a lot of fanservice would probably be lost on me. It definitely makes me want to play video games when i watch it though

The jojo's games suck ballsack except for the capcom one on dreamcast

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RE7

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.3) Zelda Randomized again. I really am just going to play this forever I think

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117605467

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 29, 2017

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

I liked it a lot but you should absolutely not play it if you haven't read the manga. if you're only a few eps in you're probably only on part 1 or 2 and there's characters and spoilers from all 8 parts in there

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Since one of the trophies needed to get the platinum was to get into a 4 player online match, and the online play is region locked, I'd like to thank the eyes of heaven europe psn community, ftw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eyes of heaven got me to watch JoJo last year

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Today I played and beat Botanicula

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Uncharted 4. It had some good parts but overall wasn't as good as the others. I didn't care about Drake's stupid brother and a plot about pirate treasure should be a lot more fun. Also it was even less believable than The Goonies.

Also finished Lunar Dragon Song. It isn't as unplayably bad as people make it out to be, but it was pretty uninteresting. It had some ideas that might have worked if better implemented, like making money from deliveries and choosing between experience and items.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid 4. It was very good except for the bosses which are mostly bad. I also killed someone by accident in the last act, but I have no idea who

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Spoderman posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4. It was very good except for the bosses which are mostly bad. I also killed someone by accident in the last act, but I have no idea who

Big Boss

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I have not beaten any games this year yet :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

a Loving Dog posted:

same and it's bummin me out.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse... Bad Ending :grin:

Guess I'm supposed to get all the dark magics before fighting the pirate master

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse... Bad Ending :grin:

Guess I'm supposed to get all the dark magics before fighting the pirate master

Congrats on killing your mom

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yeah, I just went back and got the rest of the dark magic and got the true ending. :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. What a drat fine game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mona...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo 5. Still not as good as the Bungie games but still pretty good. AI rebellion is not the way I was expecting the story to go. Fireteam Osiris can suck a dick too, I guess Tanaka was cool but Locke was generic military protagonist #9001 and Vale and Buck were loving obnoxious (though to be fair Buck wasn't as bad as he was in ODST). It's unbelievable to me that 343 thought we'd rather play as these guys than Master Chief and his team.

That wraps up the main series, I've now beaten every Halo FPS this year. I think I'll extend the Year of Halo to include all the spinoffs nobody cares about but I'm going to give it a rest and play some other games before I do.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

a Loving Dog posted:

same here. im working on ni no kuni and draogn quest IV tho :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) Resident Evil 7 biohazard

It's definitely a good game but I do not see it as anything close to the level of Resident Evil 4 or REMake. It's very atmospheric (at least the first 2/3rds or so are) but the gameplay really isn't there imo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I replayed through all of DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0. I did the steam version and did all the challenges/achievements. Those challenges are really fun, turn some old dull rooms into real exciting puzzles.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

I replayed through all of DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0. I did the steam version and did all the challenges/achievements. Those challenges are really fun, turn some old dull rooms into real exciting puzzles.

Man...you're a master. I've only played JtRH for a few hours but I haven't been able to figure out more than 1 or so of the challenges.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

Man...you're a master. I've only played JtRH for a few hours but I haven't been able to figure out more than 1 or so of the challenges.

They have a challenges board on their forum, so for KDD, Journey to Rooted Hold, and City Beneath, they just went through that forum and found all the best ones people had proposed in the years following the game's original releases

they aren't really for new players

there were a few that i walked away from for a bit thinking it couldnt be true that it was possible, but those are the ones that make you stand up excited once you beat them

im looking forward to doing them in the other games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

They have a challenges board on their forum, so for KDD, Journey to Rooted Hold, and City Beneath, they just went through that forum and found all the best ones people had proposed in the years following the game's original releases

they aren't really for new players

The absolute badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im consistently impressed by how many different types of games people in this forum play and master even though only 7 people post in it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Im consistently impressed by how many different types of games people in this forum play and master even though only 7 people post in it.

only true gamers may post here

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Same, it's cool to read about people who are so drat good at games. I game vicariously through you, the elite. thank you

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. What a drat fine game.

Same although I was less enamoured with it. I spent a lot of time getting knocked into pits/spikes by enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

3. Hitman - SASO and mastery 20 on every level

• Locked thread