Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

the Room
Silent Age
Age of Decadence
The Witness

extremely steampunk fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I beat The Room, which isnt much of a puzzle game but more of a thing where you click the next thing that needs to be clicked. It was okay for $1 and a couple hours though

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

The phone/tablet game? I like those games, I'm playing 3 right now

Yeah, I'll pick up the rest if I ever see them on sale

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i "beat" The Silent Age. i t was only a few hours long but kinda boring

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Beat Age of Decadence as a charismatic merchant. Maxed or near-maxed persuasion, streetsmarts and lore pretty early, later leveled up crafting, alchemy and lockpicking to get some of the endgame stuff. I didn't do combat at all through the entire game.

I tried playing a soldier type character for my next playthrough and it's a lot more tedious imo. You can pass skill checks to skip combat in almost every encounter, but there's some luck involved in actual combat so you end up quicksaving and save scumming a lot just to beat certain fights.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Im consistently impressed by how many different types of games people in this forum play and master even though only 7 people post in it.

Same, it's cool to read about people who are so drat good at games. I game vicariously through you, the elite. thank you

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I beat Age of Decadence twice, first I did a non-combat run with a high charisma merchant type and then i got used to dying repeatedly until I had figured out combat and killed everyone. good game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

I've always been curious about that game. How long is it, and is the story actually engrossing enough to make you want to keep going until you beat it? Since I haven't really heard much about it.
Also, which playstyle do you prefer/recommend? Normally I like to focus on charisma, etc. and maybe only get into a fight now and again, in most games like that.

The story is good and you can clear it in a few hours if you aren't obsessed with details. It's designed so that you can avoid combat through the entire game as long as you have the right stats for persuasion/skill checks, which is what I did the first time through

Its replayability is in seeing the different story paths and endings. There are I think 11 different endings and each one has different details for each class. Some of the endings hinge on perfectly allocating stats and picking dialogue choices exactly right from start to finish and I figured if I was going to read a wiki or spoiler to get the endings I hadn't seen yet I might as well just cheat and do it all in one go, so after I beat it twice thats what I did

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

same... thanks for putting this game on my radar Unfunny Poster

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

been playing a lot of Astroneers coop, i dont know if I can say that I beat the game but we unlocked all the research and traveled to all the planets. Looking forward to seeing what they make out of that game as it is still early access alpha

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Witness. I dont know if I can do 100% but it was really fun and I think if I am going to do it, I better do it soon because otherwise I will forget/lose interest

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I realized this week that I never beat Dragons Dogma last year. I got to the endgame, but there's a short encounter that actually ends the game, rolls credits and starts NG+ and I never did it because I was still messing around in the DLC when I lost interest

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Tyranny, it was ok

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I beat Xenonauts after 11 months fighting the aliens. Worldwide casualties were about 20,000 and I lost almost 30 soldiers over the course of the game, which I think is not bad. It really dragged on at the end and I have some serious complaints about the UI but it was fun and I'm looking forward to the sequel

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Witcher 3

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, which practically counts as a sequel. I got the good ending (Syanna forgives her sister) with Yennefer

When I went to start new game + I realized that I haven't had any of the free DLCs installed so I will get to see some new stuff on my second playthrough

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Heat Signature, still going to try to 100% it though

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Baldur's*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

got the Turing Test during the black friday sale and 100%'ed it today. it was okay. there are definitely better puzzle games, i think there were just one or two puzzles in this game that i really had to sit back and think about, unlike say the talos principle or the witness where there were some seriously challenging puzzles.

also the story wasnt that great, i think someone else in these forums described it as some really basic philosophy drivel and i found that to be the case as well

wouldn't recommend it unless you can get it for free and you've played just about every other puzzle game out there

• Locked thread