Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat The Witcher 2 last weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

2017 list:
1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza

Yakuza is rad. The sound track is based and the story and voice work were a lot better than I expected. I want to get in shape so I can get a bad rear end Yakuza back tattoo like Kazuma Kiryu. I'd like to preorder Yakuza 0 but PSN is being lovely and won't accept my credit card or Paypal.

Next up is Nier.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Nioh and Nier* recently. I loved both but while I can't wait to play more Nioh when DLC comes out, I never want to play Nier again if I can avoid it.

*Only endings A and B.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Nier: Automata (endings A-E). It's the best game I've ever played.

That brings my 2017 total so far to:

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata

Idk what to play next. I might just take a break from games for a bit and watch a TV series or something. Automata was too good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Horizon: Zero Dawn. It was good. Major feels gaming at the end.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn

It's pretty bad rear end that it's only March but already so many cool games have come out. I think i'm going to take a break from gaming until Persona 5 comes out and read a book and focus on school or something.

In Training posted:

Nier: Automata (Hard, Major Endings)

One of my favorite games ever probably.

I legitimately think Ending E made me a better person.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat all 36 levels in Doom (1993) on Ultraviolence with pistol start. It's insane how well the core gameplay in that game holds up.

Now I just need to psyche myself up to actually finish Persona 5. I think I'm near the end I'm on the cruise ship getting letters from people of note but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to finish it.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat my first ever non-official DooM WAD! It's called Lunatic, and its this 5 level map pack that takes place on the Moon. The soundtrack is awesome and even though I'm a noob to the whole DooM mapping community I thought all the encounters were really well designed. The last level is hilarious. I'm going to count it as a game beat because it still took me a couple of hours to work my way though it. I'm off all next week so I think i'm finally going to buckle down and beat Persona 5.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I lost a good Strafe run by accidentally running out of bounds and not being able to get back in the map so I gave up on that game for a bit and played a Doom map wad called Waterlab GZD. It's a really big map that has a bunch of custom monsters and neat environmental effects. I only found like 3 of the 17 secrets and it still took me 40 minutes to complete.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Injustice 2. It was good.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
10. Injustice 2

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Until Dawn. I actually managed to save everyone except Matt, who I gave the flare gun to :/ Overall it was really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to their upcoming crime thriller game.

....go on

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Path of Exile Acts 1-10.

It was really good. It's only my second time ever playing but I had a blast. All the new bosses are fun, and even though the new acts mostly just recycle environments, the new encounters and areas go a long way to getting rid of fatigue.

IDK if I really want to map or keep playing tbh. I went SRS and its pretty boring and it seems like all the items I need are very expensive.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Ace Combat Zero but not really...I've gotten up to Mission 13 out of 18 but whenever I complete it the disc gets hung up trying to load whatever FMV is supposed to happen and I can't progress at all. It's not beaten but, it will be retired and missed. I'm pissed, this game is awesome too.

Whats the best way to play all these Ace Combat games? Is there an HD collection or something?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Wolfenstein: The New Order on Uber difficulty. Game is really good, big end credits feels. It was an honor to serve with you Captain Blazkowicz.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile
12. Wolfenstein: TNO

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Cuphead on regular. I know its a normie thing to say, but dang does this game look incredible. Idk if I'll beat it on expert any time soon because I have so much else to play, but I really enjoyed this first run through. Next is Evil Within.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile
12. Wolfenstein: TNO