Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Labyrinth (1CC'd all courses)

Final playtime 2:29

The little known DS sequel to Cameltry/On the Ball. Not very good. The maze designs are uninspired and some of the mazes in later courses are inexplicably easy, though there are some tough ones. Also the physics are nowhere close to the original; your ball doesn't really bounce at all whereas in Cameltry it goes all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mystic Warriors (1CC)

Total playtime: 31:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44KHbWUoFs

Finally got it yesterday afternoon (right before I had to leave for a birthday party so no time to celebrate lol). Amazing game; graphics and music are top-notch and the mechanics, while flawed, lend themselves well to a kind of Shinobi-but-faster experience. Biggest problem with the game is that it's just kind of unfair, and the difficulty is unbalanced. There are nine stages in the game and six is by far the hardest. Disregarding the bulk of the stage, which is very difficult but can be memorized and patterned out for the most part, the boss is super random and will often dish out undodgeable bullet patterns. On top of this, the game gets real stingy with its food drops on that stage, where you only get one at the boss if you've already died. It's basically a crapshoot for even a very skilled player to clear that stage without dying. Fortunately the rest of the game is very doable with one life.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Shadow Dancer (Arcade, 1CC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7o3ArN-cQ

Final playtime: 11:52

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Golden Axe (Arcade, 1CC)

with Tyris Flare

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Golden Axe (Arcade, 1CC)

with Tyris Flare

Did it again, recorded it this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7-LlYeQxWY

Was really going for no death but oh well.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

thx

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i want to play golden axe 2 [the arcade only one....not the genesis]

yeah same. I might actually start playing that next. But I'm also kind of interested in Genesis Golden Axe 2 as well. at the very least it has excellent music

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

im now impressed at my 8 year old self for repeatedly getting to and dying at what was apparently at the final boss on 1 credit

if you were playing the genesis version they added another stage after that with a total bullshit true final boss. but yeah by arcade standards Golden Axe is very easy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Star Fox 64

Corneria-Meteo-Katina-Solar-Macbeth-Area 6-Venom (hard)

No deaths up to Andross and then I died like four times lol. ._. Pitiful score too, barely broke 1,000 didn't even make General Pepper go "whaaaat???"

Still one of the best games ever made. So immersive...cinematic. Magical.

I want to give Star Fox Assault another shot because the first stage is so good. but then the second stage reallllly fuckin sucks so that's why I haven't played it more. bah. why can't they make a sequel to this game that isn't super lovely in some way? All they have to do is basically do the same thing again but with new levels, better graphics, etc. That's it. no new vehicles, no stupid on-foot find-this-thing sections, no gimmicky control schemes. Just Star Fox 64 but more and better.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

33) Resident Evil 2 Leon A/Claire B

I miss games like this a lot

nice

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lets hang out posted:

Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

love that game. so relaxing

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Super Mario Odyssey

game of the year. greatest mario ever.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I just 1CC'd Strider Hiryu for the first time this year

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Wonder 3: Roosters (1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mahou Daisakusen (PS4, Dual mode, Chitta/Bornham, 1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lets hang out posted:

I 1cc'd Elevator Action Returns

congrats. great game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

How was it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1CC'd Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World (Panic Restaurant) again just now. super cute and fun, always somehow comes to mind at least once a year despite its obscurity.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Not. but you should play 4

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Mystic Warriors (1CC)

Total playtime: 31:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44KHbWUoFs

Finally got it yesterday afternoon (right before I had to leave for a birthday party so no time to celebrate lol). Amazing game; graphics and music are top-notch and the mechanics, while flawed, lend themselves well to a kind of Shinobi-but-faster experience. Biggest problem with the game is that it's just kind of unfair, and the difficulty is unbalanced. There are nine stages in the game and six is by far the hardest. Disregarding the bulk of the stage, which is very difficult but can be memorized and patterned out for the most part, the boss is super random and will often dish out undodgeable bullet patterns. On top of this, the game gets real stingy with its food drops on that stage, where you only get one at the boss if you've already died. It's basically a crapshoot for even a very skilled player to clear that stage without dying. Fortunately the rest of the game is very doable with one life.

Upgraded this to a no-miss clear just now. Unfortunately wasn't recording it but I'm confident I could do it again.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Upgraded this to a no-miss clear just now. Unfortunately wasn't recording it but I'm confident I could do it again.

And I did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9uu9fCcrFs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (best ending)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Grabbed a 1CC of Shinobi on hard difficulty on my first try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_nFTpPCYcA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Grabbed a 1CC of Shinobi on hard difficulty on my first try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_nFTpPCYcA

Upgraded this to a 1CC on hardest with fast bullets enabled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhoImphzsrs

I guess all that's left is to get a no miss clear under those conditions.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

congratulations on evil eagle beating sonic 26 times this year, finally proving there are some perfectly sane sonic fans out there

gently caress off

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gonna get my moneys worth for this for this fantastic action game that's 45 minutes long by playing it exactly once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gently caress it I don't think I'll beat anything else this year:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
4. Tetris the Grand Master
5. Metal Storm (1CC)
6. Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct (Master mode)
7. Persona 5
8. Shadow Dancer (Genesis, Level-1 difficulty, 1CC)
9. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Knuckles, <8 chaos emeralds ending, 1CC)
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Battle Garegga Premium (1CC)
12. Sonic Mania (1CC, Sonic alone, bad ending)
13. Elevator Action Returns (no death)
14. Pop'n Twinbee (1CC, died at loop 2 stage 2)
15. OutRun 2 Arcade mode (all destinations)
16. Labyrinth (1CC'd all courses)
17. Shadow Dancer (Arcade, 1CC)
18. Star Fox 64
19. Super Mario Odyssey
20. Strider Hiryu (1CC)
21. Wonder 3: Roosters (1CC)
22. Mahou Daisakusen (PS4, Dual mode, Chitta/Bornham, 1CC)
23. Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World (no death)
24. Golden Axe (no death)
25. Mystic Warriors (no death)
26. I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (best ending)
27. Shinobi (hardest, fast bullets, 1CC)

playing the same games over and over again FTW

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 29, 2017

• Locked thread