Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's fair. The weakest stage song in the original and Specter of Torment is Pridemoor Keep imo. The new Lost City, Lich Yard and Tower of Fate remixes are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If King Knight is somehow done Wario Land 4 style Shovel Knight and friends will cement it's place as my favorite 2d platformer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wanted Mole Knight and the Enchantress. I am very very happy with Plague and Specter however.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yooka Laylee (100%)

Is it a Kazooie, a Tooie, or is it a Donkey Kong 64?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12.2) Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - New Game+ 0%

holy crap

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Moon River is my favorite vocal battle theme ever I think.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

13) Puyo Puyo Tetris Adventure Mode (130.0%)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

These punks don't even know the properties of the walls in their own game. Shameful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finish your drat games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

14) NieRAutomata: routes ABCDE (hard mode)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i cleared TGM3 master mode for the first time ever a couple weeks ago :feelsgood: still cant finish the credit roll though

Welcome back.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

decided to buckle down and play the last couple stages and finished Specter of Torment with no curios/armors/health upgrades. unfortunately i played the tower climb minigame a couple times before the final battle so despite finishing with 72k gold i didnt get that achievement.

now do it on NG+.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

if i do it ill do it with curios because the enchantress is a terrible awful boss fight.

she's doable. but it takes some doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtjNA_HJsqs&t=88s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tbh I don't know how much curios would help against her with that darkness/will

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

yeah dont get me wrong theres no truly bad design in the shovel knight bosses but if i air dash attack her to bounce and have her hit me on the way by flying to the other side of the screen or shooting a fireball one more time i swear to god

ArfJason posted:

and there were also times where she did her air dash too where either i hit her or she hit me and it never seemed to be consistent. sometimes i could dash thru her fireballs and other times i couldnt. and i dont mean how theres two types of fireballs one you can target and one you cant, i mean sometimes i could target her, dash, and her fireballs would hurt or wouldnt.
i just really didnt enjoy it

you're giving me flashbacks to April 19, 2017. painful ones.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

15) Persona 5 (Hard Mode). Clear time 106:16

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. I did a run to refresh my memory because I want to improve on my previous record from like 10 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI0v49VaEeA

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.1) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures again. I just finished my routing run so it's time to do this for real now. I'm going to beat this game so many times this year.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.2) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New (very slow) PB: 20:25

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.3) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 19:04 with an unfortunate death at the end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.4) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 17:49

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 8, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.5) Sonic CD (Sega CD, 1993)
16.6) Sonic CD (PC, 2011)
16.7) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) w/ Tails

just raced all 3 of these in a row. I do not like 1993

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.8) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 17:26

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150734143

Still a lot of big screwups. Going to try and get sub-17 tonight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.9) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 17:05

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150794038

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 10, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.10) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 16:48

I lost 37 seconds on the last stage :salt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrTDwlufM80

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

17) Sonic Generations (3DS). Idk why I got this but its not really all that bad
18) Sonic 1 (3DS). Still an amazing game, its a shame that green hill is the only stage from this one that ever finds its way to the newer games

and I got a game over on the final boss of Sonic 2. I've got Sonic Mania imps

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

17.1) Sonic Generations 3DS (All S-Ranks). I finally got my official Sonic card.

This game is too old for miiverse

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

18) Sonic Generations (PC). Did a quick run after the SGDQ sonic block

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

19) Kirby's Blowout Blast, but just the normal worlds. I still need to play all the ex worlds, then get gold in everything so I can unlock whatever the secret path is. Then I need to get all platinums in every stage. This game has way more content than I expected for 7 bucks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

19.1) Kirby's Blowout Blast, all golds

Going to take it slow getting all platinums. The secret path was tough to just beat, so getting a platinum in it is going to be crazy. We really need a full fledged 3d kirby game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Never played that one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

nice dude that is amazing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Hero Core

It's a short free metroidvania/bullet hell type game. Pretty fun.

And then Kirby's Blowout Blast

That secret path... :sweatdrop:

The secret path was crazy and I'm going to get a platinum in it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

20) Two years later I finally went back and finished the Splatoon single player. Great final boss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21) Sonic 3 & Knuckles using the Sonic 3 Complete hack.

It lets you do cool stuff like play the zones in the originally intended order, so Flying Battery comes right after Carnival Night and takes place at nighttime.

Went ahead and got all the Super Emeralds since I haven't played through S3&K in while.

20 days until Sonic Mania!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Can't wait for the Splatoon 2 servers to come back online

same

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a splatoon 2 update to download

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21.1) Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Knuckles

Still one of the coolest final bosses around, I think the Doomsday Zone theme fits this fight better than the actual level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfuv444YAxk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21.2) Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Tails Run. Alright, I think I'm ready for Sonic Mania to come out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

22) Knuckles' Chaotix (co-op) bad ending

This game is actually pretty great when you play with someone who knows what they're doing. I had a great time, but I would never ever play this alone

• Locked thread