Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to do this this year

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider (1/1)
2. Picross 3D Round 2 - All Rainbow Gems (1/5)
3. Alien Isolation (1/6)
4. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (100% items) (1/8)
5. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Happy Ending (1/18)
6. Gravity Rush 2 (1/25)
7. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - True Ending (2/2)
8. Wild Arms 3 (2/9)
9. Jotun (2/12)
10. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (2/13)
11. Steins;Gate (2/20)
12. Pony Island (2/25)
13. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - True Ending (2/26)
14. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 45.24% (3/13)
15. Severed (3/14)
16. Nier: Automata (3/22)
17. Persona 5 (4/13)
18. Horizon: Zero Dawn (4/21)
19. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (4/22)
20. Bye-Bye Boxboy (4/24)
21. Titanfall 2 (4/27)
22. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (5/3)
23. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (5/8)
24. Tales of Berseria (5/22)
25. Picross 3D (6/2)
26. Snake Pass (6/6)
27. Wild Arms (6/7)
28. Night in the Woods (6/12)
29. Prey (2017) (6/18)
30. Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal (6/25)
31. Heart's Medicine: Hospital Heat (6/27)
32. The House in Fata Morgana (6/29)
33. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (7/16)
34. Hero Core (7/17)
35. Kirby's Blowout Blast (7/18) - Platinum on all stages (8/5)
36. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (7/30)
37. Hey! Pikmin (8/2)
38. Until Dawn (8/3)
38. The Sexy Brutale (8/6)
39. Wild Arms 2 (8/13)
40. Hollow Knight - True Ending (8/18)
41. Half-Minute Hero (8/26)
42. Hand of Fate (9/1)
43. Infamous Second Son (9/13)
44. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Neutral Ending (9/14)
45. Metroid: Samus Returns (9/16)
46. Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (10/8)
47. A Hat in Time (10/10)
48. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (10/14)
49. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth (10/26)
50. Super Mario Odyssey (10/31)
51. Steamworld Dig 2 (11/2)
52. Hand of Fate 2 (11/11)
53. Snipperclips (11/19)
54. Darkest Dungeon (11/22)
55. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle(11/27)
56. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (12/1)
57. Republique
58. Evoland 2
59. Okami
60. Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (12/28)

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alien Isolation

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

frank.club posted:

this is a good game

pass on the dlc stuff, the scavenger dlc is kinda neat but it's not outstanding. The nostromo dlc is 15 to thirty minutes long

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it, but I definitely feel done with it so I won't bother with DLC. The section where it's just robots dragged a bit but I really liked the ending sequences.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One of my favorite moments was the first time I got killed by the alien. I had just finished a long section of sneaking past it and robots and thought I was safe for some reason so I let my guard down and it immediately killed me when I walked under a vent. Good way to teach me to look up and pay attention to drool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (100% items)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah you can be ridiculously overpowered. I did the final boss without magic because I wanted it to be a little bit of a challenge.

It was still a really good game. While Pirates Curse is better I liked finding all the secrets in this one in particular things like the central walled off portal in Mermaid falls that baffled me for like the whole game until I got the waterfall power.

Also it's cool that the Risky fight uses your moves from the last game. I'll probably come back to it once they release her campaign.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Happy Ending

Pretty great game, overall I liked it better than its predecessor. That final dungeon was terrible though. At least the incredibly hard final boss made up for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Picross 3D 2 is not for the faint of heart

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gravity Rush 2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - True Ending

One of my biggest gaming regrets has always been not finishing this game when I had the chance to play it for one summer 10 years ago. I got stuck on a near end boss and never managed to finish it. At last that has been rectified.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Arms 3

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i need to get back to ths game because it pwns hard

Yeah it's great. I got it when it came out on PS4 last year but had to stop playing it because of the crashing glitch. They finally patched it like a month ago so it was nice to get back to it and finish it up.

Nothing like Western Gaming during a blizzard

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jotun

Short little game but very cool. The final boss kicked my rear end a bunch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Trying to beat all the bosses without taking damage for their special items was brutal, but it was a lot of fun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Steins;Gate

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pony Island

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (True Ending)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (45.24% Completion)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Severed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nier: Automata - Platinum

This game is just devastating I need to go find something really happy to do now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

How much of that was a true platinum? I'm working on it now and after I beat Emil and see all the endings the other trophies I have left like Upgrade All Pods and Weapons to Max just feel like a grind I don't care to do so I'll probably just buy those trophies

I only bought the trophy for having 9S pantless for an hour. I would really recommend doing the weapon grinding because the side quest and final boss it unlocks is one of the most powerful and moving things in the game.

The only really tedious part of the weapons is getting the two Emil sells - you can buy all the upgrade materials.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Persona 5

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I was honestly a bit surprised at how good it was. I was expecting to enjoy it but ended up absolutely loving it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

Yacht Club is incredible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bye-Bye Boxboy

Gonna miss this series, they were some really great puzzle games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Titanfall 2

Short but sweet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Kind of a strange game, got a bit repetitive at times, but overall I enjoyed it. Enough to go and get the true ending which is behind a bit of fairly pointless busywork at the end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah it's dumb. For what it's worth, the true ending is just one extra scene so it's not that worth it. You can just solve the puzzle and walk away rather than doing it like 4 times to fill in all the unique failure scenes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Did they make the trophies bad in knight? They were some of my favourite things in asglum and city and i did them less due to completionism and due to how fjn some of the gadget puzzles were

They're still fun but as always with these things it's going to vary from person to person how much they enjoy it. There are so many in this one that if it isn't fun for someone it's gonna come off as a major chore.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

This is pretty much my favorite series of games ever by now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tales of Berseria

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

was it good? it's on sale rn and i'm thinking about nabbing

I think it's the best Tales game I've ever played. It took Zestiria's fairly interesting world and told an actually great story in it instead of the boring one that was Zestiria's. And the combat is probably the most fun it's ever been.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

never played a tales but i keep hearing symphonia is the best one c/d?

It was my favorite before now (but I also haven't played all that many of them)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

too late to buy it on sale now you PIECE of poo poo

:geno:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Picross 3D

Nowhere near as good as the sequel. I'm glad they lightened up on the strict time limits on the second go as well as all the other QoL additions.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snake Pass. What a cool game. Going from carefully inching along the climbing poles, to zooming around thinking like a snake was awesome.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Arms

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Night in the Woods

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Prey (2017) - I liked it a lot. Stealth and combat both felt good and all the secrets and side stories were fun to find. I got the "most empathetic" ending because I'm a nice boy.

Just did this as well. Story wise I really liked the ending, but I felt the last section was pretty disappointing gameplay wise. You just kinda run back and forth a bit and then it ends. There really should've been a big combat encounter or something before the final choice. I had all these fun tools and yet the hardest battle was already a few hours behind me.

Still really fun overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal

• Locked thread