Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wb bbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Alien Isolation

this is a good game

pass on the dlc stuff, the scavenger dlc is kinda neat but it's not outstanding. The nostromo dlc is 15 to thirty minutes long

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it, but I definitely feel done with it so I won't bother with DLC. The section where it's just robots dragged a bit but I really liked the ending sequences.

those robots are a major problem on hard, almost more so than the alien. I wish I had shadowplay figured out to catch some of the cool stuff the alien did. Like one time early on in the game I was hiding from some human enemies and the alien showed up right behind me through a door. It was like a half second from killing me before the people noticed and freaked out and tried to kill it. So it just went after them and I left the room as it took them all out lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was also really sick when I beat it and had a feverish freak out when the game threw multiple aliens at me

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider. I liked it but I think I preferred the first one overall. Which is weird, I liked the platforming, puzzles, and stealth more and think the shooting was probably about on par. Maybe because the story wasn't as good? I don't know. I still had fun but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

the story is kinda underwhelming and I normally wouldn't care but the first reboot really made a lot of cool things happen. Like when Lara picks up the grenade launcher or the final dual pistol kill. Like I'm pretty sure that you meet Jesus Christ in Rise of the Tomb Raider and dude just evaporates to dust. things in the story never build up to anything . I'm really glad they didn't push Lara being weighed down by killing one million dudes as hard as I thought they were going to.

a lot of triple a games are doing insanely fast paced story beats but if that means I get back to gaming then I'm cool.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm glad they cut way back on the insane deaths Lara gets. It was way way overdone in that first reboot lol. it must be some weird element of psychology where I can watch Issac get tore up in deadspace no problem but Lara struggling to un-impale herself off a tree trunk made me not want to play for a while

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bill Barber posted:

Rise rules because Lara wants to gently caress Jesus Christ and I played basically the whole 2nd half of the game with the anticipation that she would eventually.

i liked that Jesus was 7ft tall and that he was just some dude 2000 years ago that found a magic rock. I didn't like that they did that thing where despite having already seen magic Lara has trouble accepting the freaking magic immortal people.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah the first game's story wasn't anything groundbreaking but the shipwreck aspect, the fact that you were being hunted, the constant threat to Lara's friends, it made everything real intense and high-stakes. Rise never really explains what's at stake, the bad guys want this thing and you have to stop them because they're bad guys. Whatever.

Also I don't think Jacob was supposed to be Jesus? Or did I really miss something? I thought he was just some generic prophet.

i think that if the game just stuck to Lara wanting to honor her father by proving his ideas on a dangerous expedition it would've been way better, that's a pretty compelling character motivation but the sequel to this game needs a set up i guess.

The game never straight up says he is Jesus afaik but there are codexs that imply he is the basis for Jesus's story of Resurrection. I googled that just now to see if there was something conclusive I missed and the 5th result is bill barber's post on gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805493-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/72844747

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

I've played Super Metroid at least yearly for the last 10 years. I don't ever want to break that tradition.

Same

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've played SM so much but I've never tried to get me time down. I did do a low percent run once but that took a long time because I was always learning tricks while playing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dishonered 2 non lethal stealth low chaos. game is incredibly good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
S7 in 9:10:58, orange line

My fastest time :D but grade takes precedence in the rankings so not a new record. My current best is S9 in 9:12:00 with an orange line (meaning credit roll was cleared).

wow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RE7

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eyes of heaven got me to watch JoJo last year

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RE7 madhouse

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

SUPER MARIO BROS 3

Congrats

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I hope nier is short and breezy because I love playing through platinum games like 3 or 4 times ina row

it's apparently severs times longer than Rising. And if you've played nier it brought back multiple endings that you can play through, including different paths.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

it took me 40 hours but i did almost every sidequest. there's a lot of charming and interesting stuff in them, they're really worth doing. it's an rpg like the first game instead of the usual platinum style. if you never played the first nier it's kind of like zelda?

Oh hell yes

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nier Automata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna get a switch for that hopefully in development mh switch release

• Locked thread