Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
smt iv apocalypse, i went with dagda. but i'll be replaying it pretty much straight away to get the other endings. really really good game, though its not quite as good as smt iv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it feels like it was written by different people to smt iv. sort of like how dds2 had a completely different tone to dds1

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

its better in everyway than smt iv what the fugg

i dont agree, the side quests arent as interesting and theres way less of them and hardly any quest chains, its easier although i havent tried apocalypse mode yet, and theres only really 2 proper dungeons (camp ichigaya + the universe [which pwns]). mechanically its better though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It was very good but hooo boy is it long.

is it really good ? it seems a bit like the rpg equivalent of a match 3 gems style phone game to me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat tactics ogre: let us cling together . i believe it was the law route :-] really good game except for the crafting, i dont know if ill do any postgame stuff though since supposedly its a big grind. whats some other good srpgs that arent just like fft or fire emblem or devil survivor?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

uhhh disgaea i think is the other one. but ive never played it because it looks like AiDS.

really ... is that it ... what about jeanne d'arc?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tactics a2. im going to do most or all of the quests though, so im not done with it. its really grown on me. jeanne darc next or maybe front mission

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Romancing saga 3. its up there with ff6 .. actually, it seems like the gfx etc were done by some of the ff6 team. anyway, its extremely good, you have to rely on a fan translation though. its a good one and every single thing is translated except for 2 hit messages (miss + evade) but i dont think it was done by a native english speaker. treasure of the rudras next, another squaresoft snes rpg fan translation

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I got the enter the gungeon platinum .. heres a video of me doing the 6th chamber with 1/2 heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN2eh8hkA0

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

those huntsman reloads, loving wow

i wasnt gonna pick it up cos i thought i was on 9 curse already but i guess it was 8 :sweatdrop: i only went to the 6th floor on that run to unlock the gunslingers ashes anyways and decided to clear it out looking for shelletons for the hunt quest

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
persona 5 !!!!!!!!!!! hard mode .. i think ill try merciless too since im doing ng+ for the platinum.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Tekken 7 (Story Mode + All Character Endings). I think Paul's and Yoshimitsu's and Lucky Chloe's were my faves. Also this gave enough in game currency to unlock every cutscene from every Tekken ever made and I will slowly watch all of them

the tekken 3 ones are cool. mokujins wifes tits

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Virtuous

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
final fantasy 15 . what do i think of it i hear you ask ... well ... if only the loading times and the controls were nicer and stuff like parking or getting into a car was faster etc. all of it added together makes a kind of claustrophobic feeling for an open world game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat final fantasy 6 yesterday, i played the brave new world rom hack. much much much better gameplay. they messed a little with the translation in some parts too but whatever. theres a japanese one called final fantasy 6 T that is supposed to be insanely good. but its in japanese qq

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre good platformers. i think the remakes are kind of gross looking but i heard they add some stuff to the older games

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

crash sucks rear end

we disagree on this point .. its probably the only good western platformer ive played except for shovel knight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my recommendation is crash 1 btw, it was the first game i ever played. ive never went for 100% but the difficulty is just right for a regular playthrough although im not very good at the pig levels where you have to dodge obstacles while riding a pig. i think 3 specifically is too easy and has a bunch of bad levels in it like the jet ski ones, the plane ones, and the underwater ones. 2 is nice though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nier automata ending e hard mode :-] the shmup pwned me. i was offline cos i hadnt done a system update and gave it a good 30 minutes of trying to get past the section that starts with sq enix and then business division vi etc but im glad i gave in and restarted cos the parts after it seemed nearly impossible to beat solo. so naturally my final message was to tell people they have to beat it solo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
p4g is awesome .. on the whole i actually like p4 a little more than 5. but im a country boy so thats my kind of scenery

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, including all bonus bosses available in the first cycle. Kickass game, can't wait to play 2.

did u fight the nocturne mc?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i havent fought him either . everyone says its the hardest jrpg boss though so im curious

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hyper light drifter :-]

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
all gold, like, disco ball things, in the gran turismo sport demo .. looking forward to it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Cum 3

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
seems like you just opened up some kind of weird mental floodgate

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
valkyrie profile hard mode
pokemon ultra moon - epic pokemon game. even better than heart gold

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

How essential is MGS 4 to understanding Peace Walker or V

i got into the series with snake eater, then i played 1, then ground zeroes, then half of peace walker, then 5, then 2 then 4 and finished peace walker some time after 5. so it doesnt really matter, if you wanna learn about thecharacters and story and stuff then youll go out of your way to do it anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

Gravity Rush 2

they really went all out on this, i got the feeling they knew they wouldnt get to make a 3, shame that no one earth except me played it

its next up for me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a built in thing to send challenges and photos to other players and look at leaderboards and they are shutting the server for it off on jan 18 2018, exactly 1 year after it first released

good job releasing this game to death sony

is this like a big part of the game? or is it just like lightning returns. hopefully it isnt like lightning returns in that youre out of luck if you didnt get the 1 or 2 garbs from it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
100% career gt sport .. basically just a formality but i did set a tasty 6 40 on the nurburgring circuit experience. which is 18 seconds under the gold time though probably nowhere near the world record. if anyones a fan of racing games this game has the best version of the track ive played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kinda lollinga t ppl online who have been trying for 3+ days to get a gold time in that event, pronabbably getting super stressed and care mad and complaining on racing game forums and stuff. heres a tip kid ... drive the car faster

• Locked thread