Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
To See The First Goldmined Thread, click here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793353

OP's Edited Post:
WARNING : This thread's title has been voluntarily modified by Forum's moderators in order to express mockeries while inviting users to post defamation and/or insulting messages against HYPERDEVBOX by refusing original OP to close the thread. Since Moderators did already impersonate HYPERDEVBOX by changing our original thread title despite our original Title did not break any Forum's rules, without giving a clear notification to users that Thread's Title has been modified and the reason why it has been changed, the very same might/could apply to any post we made in order to flame the discussion.

HYPERDEVBOX

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX HYPERDEVBOX

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!

The Great Thread Opening and Closing War of 2017:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why did you even have to put that ignore list poo poo in your post tho

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
First updates of 2017!

• We have decided to lose the 3D characters in the dialogue screens, and change them in to something more closer to the original 2D designs. We are working very hard on this right now, and hopefully we will have something to showcase within a week.
  • We are working on a visual timeline that will show the first few chapters of the game.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

why did you even have to put that ignore list poo poo in your post tho

There is an older thread that just got full of crap talkers and just so much BS.

hyperdevbox fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 6, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hyperdevbox posted:

You know exactly why.

i dont know what this game is or who you are except that your posts are already really bad

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
When do you first encounter a guillotine?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

i dont know what this game is or who you are except that your posts are already really bad

Sorry, I thought that you knew about the older thread.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I still think you're not showing what anyone is actually looking for in preview content and just ignoring advice you don't like. That's no way to run a kickstarter or successful game project.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

I still think you're not showing what anyone is actually looking for in preview content and just ignoring advice you don't like. That's no way to run a kickstarter or successful game project.

I am not ignoring any advice! We take in to consideration all of your suggestions, and the ones that we agree on should hopefully be implemented in the game. These things take time!
One of the biggest suggestions/complaints about Thermidor, was the 3D characters in the dialogue screen. And we are now actually working on changing it completely!

Regarding the preview content, it exists everywhere, and with a simple search, one can find all the screenshots and graphics that we have of the game thus far. Not to mention, the Indiegogo page has ALL of it.
I wanted to keep this thread simple and un-cluttered, with straight-forward conversations and updates.
And hopefully (fingers crossed) no foul language.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Welcome to the ignore list buddy!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

hey OP of the thread, i am a big fan of this game idea -- and i am actually a millionaire sultan of a micronesian island called tuptaluk, you probably have not heard of it but i have like 50 million dollars, and i am considering donating 500 thousand dollars to this game but i need to know if this game is going to have refrigerators in it for storing aged deli meats.

for the new thread.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Question: Why are you titling a French Revolution game that takes place in 1789 and self-consciously sets out to be "the beginning" with a name that unavoidably calls to mind the events of 9 Thermidor Year II (July 27, 1794) when the most radical phase of the Revolution ended? Why are you combining Republican calendar months with Gregorian calendar years? Can we have at least one guillotine in the game so that this naming/dating choice makes even a little bit of sense?

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 6, 2017

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Ground Floor

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

in all seriousness OP in my downtime from running tuptaluk and bribing the UN i have tried to make an indie game myself and it is hard work. i appreciate what you guys are doing and i want to support you, but my advisor talsaksakmisemwi is just not having any of it. he sees this is as frivolous. i think i am supporting the arts, and i really like this concept. please respond ASAP.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

hyperdevbox posted:

And hopefully (fingers crossed) no foul language.

poo poo, you mean i can't swear in your loving thread?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You loving suck OP and your game is doomed to stagnate at a whopping .4% of your lofty kickstarter goal

if your response to criticism is putting people on ignore and starting new threads you don't loving belong in game design or any creative venture whatsoever. Hand-waving away valid criticisms of your half-assed piece of poo poo game is only going to alienate any minuscule target audience you may have had. You'll notice in the other thread that people have now discovered that you've been shilling the same bullshit all over the internet, and nobody gives a flying gently caress (although the fact that you've raised a whopping $802 is a pretty good indicator of the same thing)

Another reason you're a piece of poo poo is because you melted down over people accusing you of being bad at making video games and went all "well let's see YOUR video game then :smug:" and now you're completely ignoring the fact that yes, multiple people in the thread have experience with game development, and yes, someone is right now working on a game for the game jam thread and it's going to be a finished product by 1 person with zero budget, which is more than you can say with a full team and tons of time. Cancel your bullshit IGG campaign and go back to the drawing board. People gave you tons of valid criticisms and you refuse to take any of it in any constructive way at all.

Post a Banme thread and consider the fact that despite what you think are your best efforts at spreading PR for this game, you've raised $802 from 22 people, and I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of those people are either part of your studio or directly related. It's loving unbelievable that you've learned absolutely nothing and are still dismissing all criticism. You had literally under a dozen posts in that whole thread with genuine interest, but you reacted to that interest with bullshit handwaving and outright hostility.

gently caress you, OP.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 6, 2017

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Whoa stop you're gonna make him cry

Fwiw the music was pretty good op

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lalaland posted:

I'm really just posting into the void since that moron probably already put me on ignore. Even if he didn't I don't expect any of what i said to actually make an impact, OP has clearly proven himself to be completely "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OUR GAME IS GOOD," his delusions are proven by the fact that he actually felt that people here gave enough of a poo poo to justify closing the last thread and opening this one

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Like I'll assume that we're actually talking about a span of time in the year 1789 that would be called the month of Thermidor later. Does the whole game take place between the days of July 19th and August 17th? Why, what's the focus point here? The biggest deal events I can think of in this time are the abolition of feudalism and the "Great Fear," although the later took place in scattered areas of the countryside whereas this seems to be a very Paris-centered game. We're too late for the fall of the Bastille and too early for the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen. Does the game tell a story that connects these events? What is even going on.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

OP is probably the single stupidest developer to post in these forums and Derek Smart used to be a loving mod lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's blatantly obvious that OP isn't actually looking for any feedback and is just interested in shilling the game, so he should probably be banned anyway

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OP posted this poo poo on Reddit which is basically Nerd Ground Zero and got 8 replies, 1 of which is someone from here https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/5jpais/thermidor_jrpg_by_hyperdevbox_japan/

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Welcome to the ignore list buddy!

PERMANENTLY

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
hyperdevbox: right now how optimistic are you that your game is going to get funded through the current campaign? what mistakes do you think you've made so far in marketing your game? what intelligent choices do you think you've made in marketing it?

also how many people are on your ignore list right now?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I can't wait three play this game. I will reach S-rank support with Andre Roussimoff asap.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

One of the biggest suggestions/complaints about Thermidor, was the 3D characters in the dialogue screen. And we are now actually working on changing it completely!

Really? That is the biggest complaint you have currently accepted about Thermidor...

Instead of blaming others and taking everything as a personal insult maybe consider a concept called constructive criticism. I mean really you have argued with some people here who develop games for a living and were trying to help you. You've been willing to tell an AAA game dev that you know better than they do it. Your $800 bucks on kickstarter sure proves that...

"hyperdevbox posted:

But as an adult man, I choose to try and ignore them, and continue with the task in hand.

A real "adult" is someone mature enough to not be personally mentally heartbroken over internet horseplay and jokes.
A mature person is willing to take constructive criticism and willing to learn from her mistakes and most importantly be willing to admit they are wrong and own up to their mistakes.

Anyway time for you to be an "adult" and put any opinion you don't like on to the ignore list.
Jokes aren't an adult thing they are they? Oh dear.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
What are your plans in the increasingly likely scenario that the crowdfunding campaign fails?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jizzy sillage posted:

poo poo, you mean i can't swear in your loving thread?

I'd rather you didn't.
But it all depends on the context...

GunnerJ posted:

Question: Why are you titling a French Revolution game that takes place in 1789 and self-consciously sets out to be "the beginning" with a name that unavoidably calls to mind the events of 9 Thermidor Year II (July 27, 1794) when the most radical phase of the Revolution ended? Why are you combining Republican calendar months with Gregorian calendar years? Can we have at least one guillotine in the game so that this naming/dating choice makes even a little bit of sense?

GunnerJ posted:

Like I'll assume that we're actually talking about a span of time in the year 1789 that would be called the month of Thermidor later. Does the whole game take place between the days of July 19th and August 17th? Why, what's the focus point here? The biggest deal events I can think of in this time are the abolition of feudalism and the "Great Fear," although the later took place in scattered areas of the countryside whereas this seems to be a very Paris-centered game. We're too late for the fall of the Bastille and too early for the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen. Does the game tell a story that connects these events? What is even going on.
  • We hope to make this game part of a series (hence, "The Beginning" for the first episode) that will end at Thermidor.
  • It sounds cool in Japanese (テルミドール).
  • It is a romance story that takes place during the French Revolution, and not a French Revolution game.

There might be some connections to real historical events, but at the moment we are focusing more about the story of the two main characters and their adventures together.

lalaland posted:

That's OK. Some people just don't understand how to convey opinions in a proper manner. I was actually going to reply to him, but then why should I reply to someone who tries to insult rather than bringing forward his point.
And as for the music, you should definitely check those two artists out (;

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm really just posting into the void since that moron probably already put me on ignore. Even if he didn't I don't expect any of what i said to actually make an impact, OP has clearly proven himself to be completely "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OUR GAME IS GOOD," his delusions are proven by the fact that he actually felt that people here gave enough of a poo poo to justify closing the last thread and opening this one

Again, talk like a respectable human being, and I will reply.
And "our game" is still in its infancy, so no one here claims that it is "good", as it hasn't been fully developed yet. But we are doing our best.

Kelp Me! posted:

It's blatantly obvious that OP isn't actually looking for any feedback and is just interested in shilling the game, so he should probably be banned anyway
Well then you are blatantly delusional.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What are you going to do when you don't get funded? You haven't had any donations for about a week now and you're at $800/$25000. Unless you somehow start racking up $10k a day you're dead in the water. Do you have any alternative means of finding this? Don't you think the lack of interest in funding this is going to be reflected by a lack of sales? Do you think it might be best to cut your losses and just make Real Snowglobe 2?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Well then you are blatantly delusional.

You literally have not responded to a single point of criticism with anything but defensive handwaving or deflection or straight-up ignoring the comments. You closed your thread and started a new one instead of actually responding to criticisms with anything but bullshit like "well did you even watch our video?!"

Even now you're just responding with the same fluff instead of addressing anybody's valid criticisms. People are making fun of you and insulting you because they tried genuine constructive criticism and you ignored it.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nuns with Guns posted:

hyperdevbox: right now how optimistic are you that your game is going to get funded through the current campaign? what mistakes do you think you've made so far in marketing your game? what intelligent choices do you think you've made in marketing it?

For this current campaign, I can't say we are too optimistic, but that is irrelevant, as we are going to continue working on this game and find ways to help us fund it one way or another.
This is our first ever crowdfunding campaign, and none of us are experts in the field. We've made some mistakes in marketing the game and presenting it, but have definitely learnt a lot, and are working constantly to improve our pitch.
Marketing the game in three languages (soon four!) was a very good idea, as it is helping in gaining a larger audience in countries where English isn't very strong (Japan & France).

Nuns with Guns posted:

also how many people are on your ignore list right now?

Sadly, a lot.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

For this current campaign, I can't say we are too optimistic, but that is irrelevant, as we are going to continue working on this game and find ways to help us fund it one way or another.
This is our first ever crowdfunding campaign, and none of us are experts in the field. We've made some mistakes in marketing the game and presenting it, but have definitely learnt a lot, and are working constantly to improve our pitch.
Marketing the game in three languages (soon four!) was a very good idea, as it is helping in gaining a larger audience in countries where English isn't very strong (Japan & France).

Sadly, a lot.

22 backers and $802 is sad enough just from the USA, you probably shouldn't be so proud of the fact that that's actually the total amount invested across three countries where you've been shilling your crappy tech demo and complete lack of explanation RE: game mechanics beyond "it's a Tactics-style RPG and also we have that Front Mission-style non-combatant interaction deal"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler at the first hint of criticism is probably something you all should consider cutting for your next go around.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DropsySufferer posted:

Really? That is the biggest complaint you have currently accepted about Thermidor...

Instead of blaming others and taking everything as a personal insult maybe consider a concept called constructive criticism. I mean really you have argued with some people here who develop games for a living and were trying to help you. You've been willing to tell an AAA game dev that you know better than they do it. Your $800 bucks on kickstarter sure proves that...

A real "adult" is someone mature enough to not be personally mentally heartbroken over internet horseplay and jokes.
A mature person is willing to take constructive criticism and willing to learn from her mistakes and most importantly be willing to admit they are wrong and own up to their mistakes.

Anyway time for you to be an "adult" and put any opinion you don't like on to the ignore list.
Jokes aren't an adult thing they are they? Oh dear.

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Greaseman posted:

What are your plans in the increasingly likely scenario that the crowdfunding campaign fails?

Try again and again to find ways to fund the game.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

Try again and again to find ways to fund the game.

e.g.?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

Person 1 has not gotten a legitimate reply as yet, and has also gotten several replies that were pretty defensive. One guy in the last thread wrote a solid post giving you constructive criticism and your response was "well where's your game, huh?" At one point you degenerated to calling someone's opinion into question because they misspelled a word (despite the fact that your posts and your IGG page repeatedly misspelled the word "rifle" which is a pretty crucial thing to get right considering your game's setting.

Grow a thicker skin. You're really going to ignore people if you don't like the way they talk to you?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

What are you going to do when you don't get funded? You haven't had any donations for about a week now and you're at $800/$25000. Unless you somehow start racking up $10k a day you're dead in the water. Do you have any alternative means of finding this? Don't you think the lack of interest in funding this is going to be reflected by a lack of sales? Do you think it might be best to cut your losses and just make Real Snowglobe 2?

That's very funny.
I don't think there is lack of interest in the game, but rather a lack of sufficient outreach.
I truly believe that the concept of the game is very cool, and since we will do our very best to make the game lots of fun to play, we have confidence that it will be successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
actually I have a few more questions: the guy running your account here is the composer for the game, right? why pick a video game composer over a professional PR person? You say you're marketing this game in three (soon four) languages, so have you consulted with PR people fluent in the languages and cultures to see how you can best attract people to fund you? what outreach steps have you done besides making posts here and some other video game forums? speaking of that, why pay to register an account here of all places?

• Locked thread