Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kelp Me! posted:

So you're a game dev with experience in RPGs and a strong background in French history?

HomerDimBot, you guys need to hire this man because he will probably singlehandedly put out a better product than what you're doing

they unironcally can't afford my consulting fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
OP why on earth didn't you guys just grab a copy of RPG Maker and crank out a little indie JRPG rather then asking people to put a quarter of a million loving dollars worth of faith in the studio that brought us Real Snowglobe?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Reiterpallasch posted:

they unironcally can't afford my consulting fee

I think OP has covered this and what they can and can't afford is none of your drat business, tyvm

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

OP why on earth didn't you guys just grab a copy of RPG Maker and crank out a little indie JRPG rather then asking people to put a quarter of a million loving dollars worth of faith in the studio that brought us Real Snowglobe?

i worked on the soundtrack for an rpg maker JRPG in the downtime from running tuptaluk, basically rpg maker is a piece of poo poo and you spend most of your time with rpg maker modding the base engines ruby scripting to make basic things you want to do possible, and even then it is horribly optimized and lags on good computers. you would be better off with unity or game maker or something.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

i worked on the soundtrack for an rpg maker JRPG in the downtime from running tuptaluk, basically rpg maker is a piece of poo poo and you spend most of your time with rpg maker modding the base engines ruby scripting to make basic things you want to do possible, and even then it is horribly optimized and lags on good computers. you would be better off with unity or game maker or something.

Hey buddy if you haven't made a big time videogame then please don't criticize my approach I'm a small studio and I work real hard ok!!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Hey buddy if you haven't made a big time videogame then please don't criticize my approach I'm a small studio and I work real hard ok!!

its all true i'm at a big company and look how i'm spending my day :negative:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

its all true i'm at a big company and look how i'm spending my day :negative:

Yeah and how many successful crowdfundings has your, so-called, AAA company had? Oh, zero? Yeah please don't comment you clearly have no idea what you're talking about my pitch is excellent . . . .

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
OP is your full name Ronald? If so, why do you choose to go with the cookie-cutter nickname Ron when you could use the daring and innovative Nald?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I want a screenshot of this thread from OP's point of view
Where every post has the ignored user thing
gently caress you and your bad game devbox

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Yeah and how many successful crowdfundings has your, so-called, AAA company had? Oh, zero? Yeah please don't comment you clearly have no idea what you're talking about my pitch is excellent . . . .

does an ipo count as crowdfunding

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Reiterpallasch posted:

does an ipo count as crowdfunding

That's just regular funding.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i didn't read this thread but if anyone's going to make a game named after a French revolutionary month, it should be an adaption of Emile Zola's Germinal

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Mods, after some discussion with hyperdevbox via PMs, they want to change the thread title back to "Thermidor - Juicy Screenies" but are too shy to request it themselves, them being new and all. Could one of you please assist? Thank you in advance

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I don't like anime, find jrpgs boring and terrible, and don't know or care about the french revolution because I'm not in high school history class anymore and the thing that I hate the most about your game is the awful 3d models. If you can't do good 3d, don't go for that weird uncanny valley level of trying-to-be-realistic-but-falling-short 3d like you have. It's complete garbage poo poo. Use caricatures of 3d models like old school 3d games (i hear final fantasy 7 is a jrpg), use 2d sprites, use cg, use whatever your lovely agarest games used, anything but what you have now.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

boy are my arms tired posted:

Mods, after some discussion with hyperdevbox via PMs, they want to change the thread title back to "Thermidor - Juicy Screenies" but are too shy to request it themselves, them being new and all. Could one of you please assist? Thank you in advance

the screenies have to be juicier this time. They were dry and mealy before

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Juicy screenys are all well and good, but I would prefer to see a real hearty vid, get to the meat of an actual demo.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Reiterpallasch posted:

also OP i'm probably on your ignore list but i'm a huge loving weeaboo, have beaten final fantasy v something like 22 times, and was pursuing a history minor with my senior thesis on the french revolution so if your pitch didn't work on me it's not going to work on literally anyone

have you not seen the juicy screenies?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This is going to end well

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
The best part is that this thread and the one before it has by orders of magnitude more discussion focused on the game than anywhere else, and the reason for that is because the entire project is a hilarious train wreck piece of garbage that's fun to laugh at. The hyper developers that have paid money to register and post here are clueless about who they're talking to, or what sort of culture exists on these forums. It's too entertaining to look away at this point.

There will never be a game. You have failed, Development Cubicle.

Chadina
Apr 29, 2008
Apparently they posted an update on the campaign including the juiciest part of their game, the theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjS532bsJE

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Jesus Christ.

Suggestion: Revolutionary classics like say "Le Chant du Depart" or "Ah, Ca Ira" are all in the public domain. Just make remixes and leitmotifs based on them instead of whatever... that was.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE MARSEILLAISE

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Chadina posted:

Apparently they posted an update on the campaign including the juiciest part of their game, the theme song!

Even the anime opening is about the loving tavern scenario

So that's why there were no attack animations, the game is an SRPG about running away from soldiers

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Okay so these Swiss Guards show up and the protagonist has clearly done something wrong, answers the door with a rifle which he drops when he sees who it is. He is wanted for some kind of crime and in running away from the consequences of his actions he also steals produce from a hardworking street vendor who is probably on a lower economic scale than the son of a family who own and run a successful tavern that has enough cashflow to afford to laugh about spilling and ruining several full meals' worth of food.

These are our heroes, people.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chadina posted:

This is just embarrassing now. I'm ashamed for HoopaDoobJoob, because they clearly have no shame of their own.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I don't know what you guys are complaining about

this only makes me more excited for Thermmeirrd - Tactical Tavern Simulator

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun
Don't despair guys, at least there's one game being made set in the French Revolution and actually featuring guillotines.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=4#post468059497

OP you should come work for me instead. I think my indiegogo will reach at least 850, possibly even 900 dollars!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

oh my god that sequence and the music are just trash

off with its head

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Don't despair guys, at least there's one game being made set in the French Revolution and actually featuring guillotines.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=4#post468059497

OP you should come work for me instead. I think my indiegogo will reach at least 850, possibly even 900 dollars!

Your game is probably more playable than theirs, too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I was like 'well this is just kinda generic I really don't get what the problem is' and then the singing started and my ears started bleeding and now I'm dead from the bad song

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Chadina posted:

So this little shitbird did something so offensive that it gets at a minimum eight guys to come to the family's tavern after hours, bust the door down, then chase him through the streets of Paris. And the second he sees them he knows they're after him, so he knows what he did. I can understand why he'd run on impulse, but do you know what the guards would do if they lost him? They'd go back to the tavern and at best trash the place, but probably kill his dad, his mum, and his wee doggy too. And this is at the beginning of the French Revolution, so the power to restrain those sorts of men would absolutely not exist, or where it did, would not be exercised, because who can afford to piss off a guard captain and all his friends over some pissant tavern?

My other immediate thought was this one;

Justin Credible posted:

Okay so these Swiss Guards show up and the protagonist has clearly done something wrong, answers the door with a rifle which he drops when he sees who it is. He is wanted for some kind of crime and in running away from the consequences of his actions he also steals produce from a hardworking street vendor who is probably on a lower economic scale than the son of a family who own and run a successful tavern that has enough cashflow to afford to laugh about spilling and ruining several full meals' worth of food.

Though all that said, seeing the storyboard to the intro is the first sign of an existing game since the first Juicy Screenies dropped so I suppose it is something, however paltry that something may be.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
OP if you post your ignored users list and it's longer than mine, I'll donate an incredibly small amount of money towards making this game. It could be just the thing you need to get the ball rolling!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The new thread broke my immersion no one is this dumb. Whose alt account is this anyway?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE MARSEILLAISE

Wait I didn't get that far, did it sample it at some point?

Otherwise if you meant me, nothing, it's another great, just wanted to rep some other classics.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Justin Credible posted:

To the lampposts!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Chadina posted:

Well, it is a JRPG.

Emphasis on the 'J', 'RP' theoretically possible, 'G' so far nonexistent.

Also, isn't this story pretty much just Disney's Aladdin except the Princess has a katana rapier and the rest of the serial numbers have been filed off?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Ok well I mistook a broom for a rifle that's my bad. But he still drops the broom in reaction, knowing they are there for him and perpetrates a theft as well.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I like the french revolution and I like tactical rpg's. Disappointed when I started this thread and found out it was actually a trainwreck comedy thread and not a thread about a game that exits or will ever exist.

Still, accepting this for what it is, could someone link to the original thread? Sounds like a good time.

VVV Ah, I should have checked the goldmine, thanks.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

LibbyM posted:

I like the french revolution and I like tactical rpg's. Disappointed when I started this thread and found out it was actually a trainwreck comedy thread and not a thread about a game that exits or will ever exist.

Still, accepting this for what it is, could someone link to the original thread? Sounds like a good time.

lol it's been goldmined: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793353

• Locked thread