Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Watch your language in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

a medical mystery posted:

The Guillotine Rush

Say what you will against The Demon Rush, at least the guy had his game 100% completed and fully playable before he came asking for money. That took an tremendous amount of effort and he spent a lot of money in the process, but he got it done. Of course, the problem was that what he produced was so terrible that people still remember the names of the characters almost nine years later (say it with me - Cherry Venus! Brooks Cracktackle!), but that's another issue altogether.

Also, holy poo poo, the guy has produced several other games since then - have there been any threads about those that I missed?

http://www.dragoon.ca/games.html

DropsySufferer posted:

I wonder if the other 3 members of hyberdevbox are aware of how much their music/PR guy is screwing up their campaign. Are the other guys in the company reading our posts? Maybe ron is like the typical loser at work and even the guys in his own company are laughing at him behind his back...

Can a person rightly be called "CEO" of a four person company?

Given that their IGG campaign meant putting work on the actual game on hold for four months, I can't imagine the other members are any better at this kind of thing than Ron is.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Jesus Christ, Real Snowglobe is even more boring than I thought it would be. Who the hell thinks that kind of thing is worth making? Is there some sort of snowglobe fetish out there?

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Hey guys, here's an actual Thermidor game that someone made!

http://www.allfungirlsgames.com/play-game/make-lobster-thermidor/

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

The best part about this is that he probably wanted the thread closed so that it goes away and doesn't come up on google search results which completely destroys his ability to market the game, though I think the name change might have stopped some of that (the old thread is on page two of google results).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I just find it hilarious that their public outreach had all the maturity of a twelve year old that just got grounded by his stepfather.

Also, their twitter account has 45 followers. When you have a situation where if everyone that follows you on twitter donated $100 and you still wouldn't have 2% of your goal, you really have to rethink some things.

• Locked thread