Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

OP is probably the single stupidest developer to post in these forums and Derek Smart used to be a loving mod lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler at the first hint of criticism is probably something you all should consider cutting for your next go around.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

That's very funny.
I don't think there is lack of interest in the game

Actually you have a shortfall of about $249,200 worth of proof but whatever you guys made a phone racing game one time so you're clearly the expert here

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wait does this game you're crowdfunding not have a complete outline of the story ready?

It took them 14 months to put this abject failure of a crowdfunding campaign out what do you think?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

from what i can tell hyperdevbox just made a port of agarest, they had no input on the actual development of the game.

and the thing about agarest is that its a video game that exists and you can play, which is more than this.

They also all sucked real real bad so there's that

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

OP why on earth didn't you guys just grab a copy of RPG Maker and crank out a little indie JRPG rather then asking people to put a quarter of a million loving dollars worth of faith in the studio that brought us Real Snowglobe?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

i worked on the soundtrack for an rpg maker JRPG in the downtime from running tuptaluk, basically rpg maker is a piece of poo poo and you spend most of your time with rpg maker modding the base engines ruby scripting to make basic things you want to do possible, and even then it is horribly optimized and lags on good computers. you would be better off with unity or game maker or something.

Hey buddy if you haven't made a big time videogame then please don't criticize my approach I'm a small studio and I work real hard ok!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

its all true i'm at a big company and look how i'm spending my day :negative:

Yeah and how many successful crowdfundings has your, so-called, AAA company had? Oh, zero? Yeah please don't comment you clearly have no idea what you're talking about my pitch is excellent . . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I was like 'well this is just kinda generic I really don't get what the problem is' and then the singing started and my ears started bleeding and now I'm dead from the bad song

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

He disappeared for quite a while in the last thread before returning to... get shirty. I'm holding out on it happening again.

Possible but the scope of their imminent failure is probably sinking in at this point

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

1) Who said we weren't spending money on advertising? And as mentioned a few times already, KS doesn't accept Japanese accounts, so we went with Indiegogo.
2) Ignoring your sting at the end there, flexible funding is not for big budget games like Thermidor. our goal is the amount needed in order for us to be able to complete the game, and there is no point on settling for anything less than that.

I agree. But for the moment, any updates in the development of the game (gameplay, battle system, etc') will have to be announced as updates to the campaign page. Thermidor and its campaign is a work in progress, and we are sharing every single step in the development and completion of the game.

That's a very valid point you make. I hate it when in certain games you have to rely on a specific aspect of the game in order to finish it, and can't play more freely and actually THINK of original ways to complete a stage.
Some TD games have this problem, where if you don't place towers on a specific place on the map, or if you don't use your budget precisely like the developer intended you to use, you can't complete the level. This totally sucks, and leaves no room from strategic planning, but just leaves you trying to figure out what the developer of the game wanted you to do.
In Thermidor's case, we are planning on having our "DAS" feature be part of the game in a balanced manner, rather than something you rely on in order to succeed in the game. As much as we want this game to be challenging for the player, at the same time we want it to be fun.
There will be many ways in which one can approach an enemy without being detected - having another group member do something to distract, or perhaps throwing an object to a different location on the stage.
Also, the whole "getting detected by the enemy" thing will be a matter of probability in Thermidor. Certain paths will have a higher percentage of getting detected, while others less.

Thank you ?

That guy was fired.
Until we hire any PR guy or gal, I will try and do my best.
Wish me luck?

aw only #9? was hoping to crack the top 5 at least :sigh:

also this is a hilarious amount of words for a game that does not, and will not, exist

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Why didn't you just make an anime?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Account sharing is a bannable offense

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If SSNeonan won't donate to your crowdfunding then no one will lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

whole lotta 'unknowns' on there

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

At the beginning of the game, the police (to be accurate, the king's Swiss guards) show up to investigate the disappearance of Armandine, and ask to search the tavern. But Leandre asks them to wait until his father comes back so they could talk to him instead.
Thus, the first "battle", which is also a kind of tutorial stage for the game, would be Leandre trying to buy time until his father comes back. And since this is a Tactical JRPG, it means there will be some sort of battle.

Wouldn't the Swiss Guards just beat the poo poo out of his dad and wreck the tavern? These were foreign mercenaries that answered only to the king they wouldn't give a gently caress.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A chibi anime set in late 1942 Stalingrad. Players get to experience the cheeky thrills of their exceedingly moe Russian conscript as he plays pranks and struggles for survival in one of the worst hells mankind ever created.

Highlights of the game include; hiding under a pile of corpses to avoid partaking in a failed charge of Red Square (your tsundere Commissar acts mad but he chuckles about it later), beating a civilian to death with a rock because they have half a shaker of salt ('s-sorry senpai!' you'll exclaim), and stealing a roast from a nazi camp that turns out to be a human thigh ('well it ain't mom's curried rice!' one of your squadmates observes with a chuckle while a giant teardrop rolls down your forehead).

Stretch goal at $500,000 to have babymetal do the soundtrack.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

weak wrists big dick posted:

Imagine four British Redcoats in the french revolution...

e:it's timg'd because as soon as i posted i heard one of you whining about it in my head about how your 600x800 monitor can't handle it, click for full effect

johnny doesn't belong there cause johnny is cool

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Is it wrong that I'm imagining you as the girl in your avatar?

yeah.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Tbf, that poo poo was actually pretty funny.

yeah if you're Borat

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

i'm forced to wonder if hyperdevbox considers anyone who downloaded they're lovely mobile apps a 'fan'

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadGlB-_lEg

whose hands are these ron? those nails are rachet as gently caress

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Did you just film someone's computer on your phone?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I like how there's no animations other then basic movement so the savage guards can only crowd around him with extreme prejudice.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

weak wrists big dick posted:

This thread has been an internet firing squad since the beginning.

My personal theory is that the CEO is responsible for all terrible broken english posts. This whole debacle was undoubtedly his idea from start to finish, and it's pretty clear from their pitch videos that his grasp of the english language is tenuous at best.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the devs have an uncle that works at nintendo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A guy made an entire game, complete with real world prizes, before these devs finished their single bar shot.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

FUNDS RAISED BY THERMIDOR ON INDIEGOGO

28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

6 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

7 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

8 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

9 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

10 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

11 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

12 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

13 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

14 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

15 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

16 January 2017 - $1082 USD raised by 25 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

17 January 2017 - $1112 USD raised by 26 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

18 January 2017 - $1112 USD raised by 26 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Total increase in number of backers between 28 December 2016 to 18 January 2017 - 4

Total increase in amount raised between 28 December 2016 to 18 January 2017 - $310

Average amount raised per day in the 21 days between 28 December 2016 to 18 January 2017 - $14.76

Time left - A month [According to the Indiegogo page - it's not specified exactly how many days this means]

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $238,888.00

Average amount of new funds per day month required to meet target - $238,888.00

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

lalaland posted:

The end is nigh

They say this after they've already extended the deadline for their utter failure of a campaign

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

19 January 2017 - $1227 USD raised by 28 backers / 1% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

:lol: @ the dude who gave five american dollars today

I mean you laugh now but if this keeps up it'll only be 47,737 more days before the game's fully funded. 130 years goes by a lot faster than you might think.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Me! posted:

I love that the referral rewards are totally random gadgets, and also that the first 2 tiers are Alibaba-grade junk

It's patently obvious that they spent pretty much all of their time setting up for this by crafting all those worthless rewards. Rather than making, you know, a functional game to show off.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

There's a strong chance Ron has moved to the 'Sweep The Mess Under The Rug' stage of shame

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

DropsySufferer posted:

Well at there's proof that Ron being gone has affected funding. 11 whole days without a single donation. Come on Ron don't you want to at least hit $2,000.

He's tapped out, I mean you saw what they pay over there

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ron what on earth

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

How long (according to timestamps) were the Ron's stuck in this existential hell Palpek?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRzvdQh8D2Q

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hey now that things are winding down maybe you guys should check out the official Thermidor Referral Program!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thermidor1789/status/824535033805303808

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sole.Sushi posted:

I like that their Twitter account follows two people, one of which is Ron and his lovely band.

They need all the help they can get, Ron's band only has six vids on youtube with a combined viewcount of barely more than a thousand between all six

They also sound like a bad combination between Final Fantasy and Fiddler on the Roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Stumpus posted:

Link it, that we all may be enlightened.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BalaganistJapan

• Locked thread