Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
This thread was funny and I liked forward to it with great anticipation every day in hopes of some words from OP.

Now it's lame and should be closed because it has turned from good natured guillotine jokes to incomprehensible angry people.

Like why are you legitimately getting angry in this thread? If you find yourself making angry words in the Thermidor thread you have missed the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Historical accuracy is the 300k stretch goal.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Is this stickied ironically?

How dare you?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

hyperdevbox posted:

The person you are referring to was not Ron, I am. And I have no problem handling criticism.

In all seriousness though, this post from OP answers your question.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Don't you know that the jerky guy isn't Ron? Ron is the cool guy who posts and is super knowledgeable.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry, there aren't many deets I can give you about the animation. We've created this draft with the music for now, and at some point will continue working on it. Right now, to be honest, we are working on more important things, such as - Changing the dialogue screen characters to a better looking 2D character animation, and on other parts of the game that will better showcase it.

Regarding the giant scorpion monster, there is only one way to kill him - build a giant guillotine and lure him to it using a freshly boiled lobster!

Woah a guillotine joke?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

weak wrists big dick posted:

How are you going to make a real snowglobe game without snowglobes. these are just anime pirates.

Is this game set in a snowglobe? That would explain everything. Cultural inaccuracies, the weird looking people, the lack of guillotines, the single scene inside of a bar, etc.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

weak wrists big dick posted:

Imagine four British Redcoats in the french revolution...

e:it's timg'd because as soon as i posted i heard one of you whining about it in my head about how your 600x800 monitor can't handle it, click for full effect

No one smoked cigarettes like that in ancient France.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I need a response from Ron on the state of this thread. What will he say? What will he do? Is he real?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Are you talking to Ron, or fired Ron?

Meta Ron

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

LibbyM posted:

Punished Venom Ron.

Lol

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Palpek posted:

I think a mistake was made because apparently the OP closed this thread but I'm sure it was just an accident as the crowdfunding campaign is still going strong. I'm opening it again for further discussion.

Lol

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Palpek posted:

It's coming from the GBS Photoshop Games into Movies thread:

Movies need to stick closer to their video game progenitors. There are absolutely no guillotines in Thermidor. Come on.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

OP posted:

Title has been modified and the reason why it has been changed, the very same might/could apply to any post we made in order to flame the discussion.

I love this portion of the OP. Well played Ron. Basically anything stupid you may read from Hyperdevbox was actually the insidious stealth editing of the oppressive mods.

We need some kind of artist's rendition of the HBD team frantically attempting to close this abortion of a thread.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

LordZoric posted:

When Hyperdevbox made their composer the PR manager, they got played like a drat fiddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They need all the help they can get, Ron's band only has six vids on youtube with a combined viewcount of barely more than a thousand between all six

They also sound like a bad combination between Final Fantasy and Fiddler on the Roof

Link it, that we all may be enlightened.

• Locked thread