Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i was gonna write up a whole effort post for this dude on why his concept is terrible, or why his sales pitch is terrible, but it aint worth my time because he'll just throw a fit like a baby

dude eliminated any potential interest anyone in these forums would have had for his game based purely on his attitude, what a shame

also 28k equivalent in ikebukuro is doable but it ain't great, you'd have to penny pinch. if i were to move back to japan on that salary i'd find a job in osaka or kobe or something similar instead of the fifth most expensive city in the world lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Reiterpallasch posted:

I was more talking about the other side of that equation. Around here, an experienced C++/Java/mobile guy commands a six figure compensation package, and the first digit ain't a one.

oh lmao i didn't know that

nice

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Mods, after some discussion with hyperdevbox via PMs, they want to change the thread title back to "Thermidor - Juicy Screenies" but are too shy to request it themselves, them being new and all. Could one of you please assist? Thank you in advance

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

The devs don't like the G-word, friendo

yeah its pretty obvious they don't like games

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
in my minds eye im seeing this gaijin dude huddled over his computer, blasting people who dare criticize his game even slightly with a dismissive tone while his coworkers look over his shoulder, see the amount of response he's generated, and go "wow yeah ron good job!!!!"

just in case tho, HDB JP devs:

このゲームは魅力的なゲームだとは思いません。マーケティングディレクターも品があるようには感じません。そのような態度ではユーザーが離れていって当然です。

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Reiterpallasch posted:

their job postings require english and have japanese as a nice-to-have, it was a decent thought but i don't think it'll work man

man i even double checked i wasn't being super a dick either

oh well

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

As the OP seems to be absent again, this is now the Fructidor: Juicy Fruities OFFICIAL RELEASE THREAD!

You can play the game here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiyod8lil0bm81a/Fructidor.zip?dl=0

The game has 25 waves, after which you will learn a SECRET PASSWORD! The first 3 people to PM me said password will get any game of their choice below €10 on steam.

so uh can i count this

im on wave 25 and this guy wont respond to fruits or bombs, he just stands there

still a better game than thermidor

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah i only got to the end by hitting a string of red fruits speeding up the conveyor belt combined with great guillotine to just poo poo out cakes nonstop; actually started to lag a bit with how many fruit, cakes, and dudes were on the field

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I will say that the final waves where its just nothing but fruit, powerups, and mashing cut to make an army of cakes was a lot of fun. Good stuff!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Palpek, could we get Fructidor in the OP? I've never even heard of this Thermidor but I think its a ripoff of Fructidor, a game that exists and I have beaten, even.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ey y'all this isn't the shitpost about failed kickstarters or what people do with their money thread, this is the create a fruitcake and kill your constituents fructidor thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mister Adequate posted:

Man I cannot beat Wave 25. :stare:

if you have a lot of cakes, try to either a) stack them all at the end of the belt, or b) launch a few of them in different directions

the ai is programmed to home in on cakes regardless of distance (i think) so spreading them out can buy you some time

• Locked thread